2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

Jackles-UK wrote:Hadn't considered the RBR alternator low rev situation. They had no trouble around Monaco which is the slowest track of the year but struggled at Monza, probably the highest revving of the year? Is it cooling? Too tight a packaging job?

(just realised almost the entire post was about the RB8 rather than the MP4-27 ... Sorry mods!)
The issue isn't low revs per se... It's cornering at low revs, or so Renault says. Interesting that the 2010 Renault used by Pirelli for testing has also suffered an alternator failure recently.
Last edited by Steven on 15 Sep 2012, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed mod-request after performing action
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

turbof1

Re: 2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

Is McLaren going to use their Spa spec turning vane/conditioner? or will they revert to the old vertical fins on the sidepods?
#AeroFrodo

FrukostScones

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... day-3.aspx

article is from last year, but things should be also valid for this year as thunderstorms are predicted also for the weekend.
There will be racing also in the wet/damp conditions at night.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

boydy19
boydy19

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

RBR will not be on pole in Singapore. They have been a second off the pace for a few races now in Quali. They won't make up that defecit just because of a slighly warmer enviroment and a track that plays to their advantages. Mclaren seemed to have improved drastically in this area so i'd expect them to be on pole.

turbof1

The rain season. Though I think rain at night is not likely. It just the tropIcal climate there; rain during the day, dry at night. That said, I am very curious to know how visibility will be with both the artificial lights and the rain.
#AeroFrodo

raymondu999

FrukostScones wrote:http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... day-3.aspx

article is from last year, but things should be also valid for this year as thunderstorms are predicted also for the weekend.
Has been every year the race has been held.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

aero expert 807
aero expert 807

turbof1 wrote:The rain season. Though I think rain at night is not likely. It just the tropIcal climate there; rain during the day, dry at night. That said, I am very curious to know how visibility will be with both the artificial lights and the rain.
Checked weather and Chance of rain ranges from 20 to 40% as of now

raymondu999

That's not saying much. It rains every day - but it's very local. You can cross from dry weather, to wet and dry again in 10 minutes' walk. I should know. I spend half my days in Singapore nowadays.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Vasconia

FrukostScones wrote:http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... day-3.aspx

Every year they say the samething but it never rains at night so we wont see a wet race though I would like it. With rain the race could be simply epic but nowadays it would be ruined by a endless safety car period. :?

MrPeabody
MrPeabody

For the Singapore rain prediction algorithm it is important to know which days I go out sans umbrella. Then it's guaranteed.

On another note, is there a pit walk or other similar access to the track during the afternoons? I would like to take the nephew-in-law for a tour if possible. Please advise, Thanks.

raymondu999

So, just a little something to whet all your appetites before the GP weekend.

View from the paddock

Race control, anyone?

A peek inside...

Just to show off how powerful their cameras are, they zoomed in on the local McDonald's

I'm not entirely sure what this map is showing. Perhaps it's the sectors? Or maybe marshall and camera posts?

The naughty boys' room

I thought this was kinda funny. I think it's Charlie's stress management technique against the Maldonator.

I intend to bring a long zoom lens on Wednesday/Thursday and bring back all the pictures of the naughty bits of the cars :mrgreen: No promises though!
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

Looks weird in the daylight haha

Hail22

Will be hiding amongst the sheeps Ray...don't want you snapping me up in your photos :P

I shall be flying out tomorrow midday

So Qualifying top 5:

1. Michael Schumacher
2. Alonso
3. Button
4. Perez
5. Hamilton

Race top 5:

1. Alonso
2. Raikkonen
3. Vettel
4. Hamilton
5. Massa
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:Will be hiding amongst the sheeps Ray...don't want you snapping me up in your photos :P
What makes you think that will help you, when I have a bank of 40 LCDs to scour for you? :twisted:
Race top 5:

1. Alonso
2. Raikkonen
3. Vettel
4. Hamilton
5. Massa
History has been made! Hail22 is predicting Vettel scores points! :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Will be hiding amongst the sheeps Ray...don't want you snapping me up in your photos :P
What makes you think that will help you, when I have a bank of 40 LCDs to scour for you? :twisted:

you will only need two cameras
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve