2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

Very true. couple more races like the last one and Fernando may crack
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

simieski
simieski

turbof1 wrote:
Mika1 wrote:Hamilton needs to be consistent. That's the key for him. As Whitmarsh said, the car is good and the driver is good.
He didn't made many mistakes thus year. Infact the only one I can remember was the wrong set up at Spa. For the rest he either drove as good as he could or bad luck hit him. So yeah, I don't see consistency being a problem.
I guess it could be argued that he could have yielded to Malfuncionado in Valencia, not wanting to re-open that debate, but it was the only other instance that came to mind where his actions significantly cost him this season. Must be Nando's turn for some bad luck to liven up the end of this year.
Last edited by simieski on 11 Sep 2012, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

NathanOlder

Yeah! Fernando will break down in singapore!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

zyphro
zyphro

Lol, this idea that Fernando will suddenly break down is OTT. I remember posters on various forums posting things like that in Schumacher/Ferrari era of dominance. All Alonso needs to do is keep the scoreboard ticking.

Then again, anything can happen in F1: and it usually does.

NathanOlder

Yeah ok Murray :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

beelsebob
beelsebob

zyphro wrote:Lol, this idea that Fernando will suddenly break down is OTT. I remember posters on various forums posting things like that in Schumacher/Ferrari era of dominance. All Alonso needs to do is keep the scoreboard ticking.

Yes and no – if both Hamilton and Alonso keep the scoreboard ticking as it should do based on the performance of the car, you'll see Hamilton win everything, and Alonso come 2nd/3rd everywhere.

Sure this is not going to be how every race works out... But, if the two keep the scoreboard ticking as is suggested, Hamilton would actually win the championship.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Alonso already had a large dose of bad luck in Spa, and i guess to some extent in Monza.

He's very good at this track, i think he should be able to get a podium at least.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

beelsebob wrote:
zyphro wrote:Lol, this idea that Fernando will suddenly break down is OTT. I remember posters on various forums posting things like that in Schumacher/Ferrari era of dominance. All Alonso needs to do is keep the scoreboard ticking.

Yes and no – if both Hamilton and Alonso keep the scoreboard ticking as it should do based on the performance of the car, you'll see Hamilton win everything, and Alonso come 2nd/3rd everywhere.

Sure this is not going to be how every race works out... But, if the two keep the scoreboard ticking as is suggested, Hamilton would actually win the championship.
sure, but no one has been able to win back to back races, let alone string together a run of 3 or 4 wins. Mclaren does look good at the moment, just like Red Bull looked good in the summer, and Mclaren in the early races. It can shift around again.

zyphro
zyphro

beelsebob wrote:

"Hamilton win everything"; will JB move over if a Germany 2010 situation arises? Can't see it happening personally.

Also the ideal that he will win everything is far-fetched, I don't seem to remember him ever having a proper 'winning streak'. Yes he has the car, but, can he control his temperament (on and off the track)? The speculation surrounding his future doesn't really help matters either.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Yes yes guys – as I said in that post, that was merely the "what if" of drivers keeping the scoreboard ticking. The bottom line is that if both Hamilton and Alonso keep the scoreboard ticking over, the McLaren is sufficiently better than the Ferrari that it's pretty reasonable to expect Hamilton to average 6 more points than Alonso per race... Again, if both drivers just keep the scoreboard ticking over as they should be doing.

Paul

Gerhard Berger wrote:Alonso already had a large dose of bad luck in Spa, and i guess to some extent in Monza.
I'd say he was pretty lucky in both instances. In Spa Hamilton was out together with him and not-that-dangerous Button won, and at Monza he did a good job to get close to Hamilton, and both Red Bulls shot themselves in the foot.

Slife
Slife

Whoever Grosjean takes out first in Singapore will be the one that wins at Japan. :mrgreen:

PlatinumZealot

If Hamilton just keeps putting it on pole there will be no one to tease his "temperament" , zyphro.
I can see a Vettel-esque points haul for the coming races!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mr Alcatraz

beelsebob wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:Alonso was beaming with confidence all Monza weekend. Seeing how excited he was for a third place finish communicated to me at least that he knows the vast update coming to Singapore will be all he needs to finish top 3 every race left if not outright win a number more thus giving him a strong shot at the WDC. I think he will do very well in Singapore and should take the win. I don't sense anywhere near this sort of confidence from Vettle, Hammy, or Kimi.
I'm not sure about that – Alonso tends to tell you when he's confident in that way. Remember in 2010 when he said "we will win the championship" away back in silverstone, and everyone laughed at him? He knew more than everyone else, and he was *damn* near right.
Redragon wrote:Curiously another incident in Silverstone 2010 between Alonso and Kubica.
Alonso said that despite being 47 points behind, the car felt good at Silverstone and believed that he could win the title
Agree. At every turn Alonso is painfully honest, and objective about himself, his team, and his car. That year he said exactly how he was going to win it and he was spot on in every comment except the last race, and that was just a strategic mistake (one he agreed with) by racing Webber only.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

raymondu999

I'm expecting something big from Red Bull here. They've been quiet since Silverstone... Newey must be busy with those French curves :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法