Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f300v10
f300v10

Re: Ferrari F14T

Rear shot showing the larger center hot air exit.

nhojekim
nhojekim

gray41

Wow, what did the car eat!
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

OO7
OO7

gray41 wrote:Wow, what did the car eat!
With that nose it must have gobbled up the remnant bits and pieces of Renault engines that were littered around the circuit.

Shakeman

gray41 wrote:Wow, what did the car eat!
Eat? More like how much has it been drinking to giving it such brewer's droop?

turbof1

Some more close-up high res pictures of the ferrari front wing? I'm trying to draw it, but it's difficult to get exact dimensions.
#AeroFrodo

F1.Ru

Ferrari F14 T - stepped chassis shape
ImageImage

Like several of the new cars, Ferrari's 2014 machine, the F14 T, has a pronounced step in the chassis in order to retain aerodynamic efficiency despite the reduction in maximum chassis height to 525mm. Whilst it was obvious from the top surface that the chassis was stepped, the dark paintwork and turning vanes below the car made it difficult to determine the exact shape of the bottom of the chassis. However, in Bahrain that shape became clear, as indicated in this drawing by the red arrow.

© Formula1.com
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

f300v10
f300v10

turbof1 wrote:Some more close-up high res pictures of the ferrari front wing? I'm trying to draw it, but it's difficult to get exact dimensions.
Not the best angle, but it may help you. Right click and open the image in a new tab to get full rez

turbof1

Angle is actually more important. I need to have a clear view on the curling of the elements, so a sideview underneath the cascades. That shot gets me through the first element, as well as the starting position of the second, but leaves me clueless where it exactly ends and how the third one is positioned.

Still +1 for the effort.
#AeroFrodo

Dream Theater

Maybe this one can help you, turbo? (as usual, right click -> open in a new tab, for the full res)

Last edited by Dream Theater on 27 Feb 2014, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

bhall
bhall

wesley123 wrote:Ferrari has done this for a while now as well. Already since 2011 when they showed their new wing at the end of the year. It was McLaren who was extremely late to the party.
You are correct to point out that it was trialled during the closing rounds of the 2011 season. However, it hasn't been used since then.

The F2012 utilized a different concept, a throwback to the early days of outwash designs (read: rudimentary).

For the F138, even that approach was abandoned.

If the new concept actually makes it to a grand prix, that could be a good indication that Ferrari's "correlation issues" are at long last solved.

turbof1

Dream Theater wrote:Maybe this one can help you, turbo? (as usual, right click -> open in a new tab, for the full res)

http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 275.01.jpg
YES! yes yes yes my friend, that is exactly what I needed :D !
#AeroFrodo

F1.Ru

@turbof1: bro did you forget that the difference of front wing may just because of their front suspension setup ...caz Ferrari uses a Pull Rod front while Mercedes use a Push Rod front so there are different requirement of air flow to different places .... and hence different layout ....... and cooling packaging, radiator layout, sidepod shape, bergeborad, Front wing endplate design all are variable in terms of design ....... and perhaps i should add the difference in focus of level of downforece that a team wants in different area of the car. Caz if Ferrari want less front downforce it will design and develops it front wing for that specific purpose ...while may be Mercedes is trying to get little more front downforec than Ferrari so their design path will be highly different ..... ...one may looks less advance but actually perform its duty with 100% precision while a more advance design may be able to perform with 90% precision in all aspect ..... so which one will you say advance ..... Formula One is not a game for just looks (if so then we will have 2000s design right now) rather serving the specific purpose that the parts must served.

@beelsebob: you are right on several aspect but still guys like us all depended upon different angel of picture that are publicly available and with 2nd hand timing info .... it is quite difficult to talk about general development trend ..... may be Mercedes design is more advance in nature .... but will it bore any result in Ferrari's case .... i say no ....caz different design is born for different requirement. So if it is advance in designwise but how they interact with the whole car is the biggest concern. So plz let other talk about their opinion ...caz most of us are a part of that OTHERs =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Italiano
Italiano

bhallg2k wrote: Image
As crappy as the F60 was, that was a pretty nose. Should have played out like this for 2014, but no...
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

turbof1

F1.Ru wrote:@turbof1: bro did you forget that the difference of front wing may just because of their front suspension setup ...
Yeah that's a fairly good point, but it doesn't change my opinion :P. You'll see why soon!

Does anybody have a clue if the curl of the second element curls inwards or is just parallel with the endplate?
#AeroFrodo