Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Gaara

Re: Ferrari 2014 Car Pre-launch Speculation

High resolution pictures from the launch. I like the helmets =D>

http://www.f1zone.net/news/gallery/2014 ... -t-launch/

siskue2005

Holm86 wrote:I'm quite impressed with how many of the nose concept drawings that has been pretty correct.
http://i.imgur.com/MPbXqpz.jpg

But the step on the Ferrari nose is quite steep. Thinking they've should have gone with an s-duct to maintain airflow above it.
The chassis is 625mm high and suddenly drops of to 525 (unlike Mclaren which has progressive design) just before it ends like this
yup so probably there maybe a s-duct

I also dont understand why have they chocked off the air going downwards like that

Javert

This car can't be true

Please someone say me the rest of the car is equal to last year and they are joking

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have serious doubts on reliability too :mrgreen: let's wait for Melbourne!

void

I think this season will be interesting, so many different noses designs.

Crabbia

Inwash FWEP. I'm an armchair airodynamicist but I would think with Inwash front wings they don't need to have masses of air under the nose, because a fast flow of air will be coming via the front wing.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

stefan_

Look at the bright side. With a nose like that, Alonso or Kimi can slide under the car in front and overtake (or 'undertake').

Last edited by stefan_ on 25 Jan 2014, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Mr.G

It think, they counting that the airflow stay touched to the nose and it won't be so much obstructing the flow. Other noses are more rectangular, this one seems to be more circular.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Mach1

Is there a tunnel for let air feed right over the exhaust. This could be fed by the mini shark fin.. anyone notice this..

muelte

There seems to be 4 small rectangular openings in the engine cover fin

Rikhart

Well something that is quite noticeable is that the packaging of the engine is insane. The sidepods area is just about the same size as previous years, this is completely unexpected.

siskue2005

Here is a small photoshop i made, to explain how they have stepped chassis (With probably vanity panel covering it)

JDC123

The front wing seems to be only mildly outwash compared to McLaren and williams.

henra

Crabbia wrote:Inwash FWEP. I'm an armchair airodynamicist but I would think with Inwash front wings they don't need to have masses of air under the nose, because a fast flow of air will be coming via the front wing.
It is highly likely that they will need an inwash design with this nose. They have to get air under the high chassis immediately behind the AA line. The nose itself won't let through sufficient airflow to get a reasonable volume flow to the T-Tray area. So it obviously has to come from the sides.
The risk they take is: Should the outwash design prove superior they will have to revise the whole aerodynamic concept of the car.

Redragon

they have to slots on the sides of rear wing, also with the black paint you can see the two little holes from the rear view on the rear wing

colonelbadger

BorisTheBlade wrote:Do they have two outlet channels right above the exhaust exit? If yes, where are they coming from?
Hmm interesting. Wonder if they've made the exhaust size larger to slow the air as it comes out, and then use the two outputs above to "push" the gases down to the floor or suspension? Suspect the air is coming from the airbox above the drivers head.