2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Re: 2015 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 10-12

Phil wrote: What Toto I believe is refering to, is not out right number 1 or dedicated number 2 driver, but perhaps that they as a team need to consider putting both drivers on different strategies, even if both of them are challenging one another on the track. Take Malaysia; they had a great opportunity to gamble by pitting one driver under the safety car and leaving the other out. Logically, this would have had to have been to leave Lewis out (he was in front of Vettel) and pit Rosberg. Doing this, and they may have been able to challenge for the win. The fact that they didn't, slightly compromised Nico's race (he was lined up behind Lewis in the pits), but it put both of them on the same strategy. Fair to both of them fighting each other, but perhaps not the best thing from the team perspective.
Possibly, and that may be what he means when he mentions having a word with one of their drivers after their attempts to do this were ruined in Hungary last year.

Realistically though, it's mere due diligence in the event of catastrophic reliability issues as Ferrari aren't going to be able to win enough races outright to get into the Championship fights.

GPR-A duplicate2

Lewis on Chinese Grand Prix
I like a car that is oversteery

FrukostScones

ROS HAM RAI

ROS VET RAI
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

giantfan10
giantfan10

Mercedes has had its feathers ruffled and are now running around acting like the world is on fire.....they sure do seem frazzled for this super team that some of you describe....the picture the broadcast painted during the Malaysian GP was not a good one...they will be beaten again if they start second guessing and reacting to ferrari....now they are rushing updates to their car for china which were not previously scheduled..... interesting since most fans say mercedes will win easily... why is mercedes reacting like this if their car is so much better than the ferrari and malaysia was a freak occurrence?
cant wait to hear the answers : )
from autosport: Toto:
"Mercedes expects to bring forward some of its 2015 Formula 1 development programme to fend off the emerging threat from Ferrari."
"Asked if Mercedes was prepared for a resurgent Ferrari, Wolff said he was confident in his squad's resources but admitted there was a need to react."
"We just need to stay calm, continue to develop, put the right things on the car and put some things on the car earlier than we would have actually planned. But there's no reason to panic."

dans79

giantfan10 wrote:Mercedes has had its feathers ruffled and are now running around acting like the world is on fire.....they sure do seem frazzled for this super team that some of you describe....the picture the broadcast painted during the Malaysian GP was not a good one...they will be beaten again if they start second guessing and reacting to ferrari....now they are rushing updates to their car for china which were not previously scheduled..... interesting since most fans say mercedes will win easily... why is mercedes reacting like this if their car is so much better than the ferrari and malaysia was a freak occurrence?
It's all for the benefit of the drama seeking fans. You know, the ones who can't stand it when any one team dominates, or when a race doesn't have as many passes as a Daytona 500. Basically it's for all the constant internet complainers/ grumpy old white guys. I'm sure you know at least one person like that!
Last edited by dans79 on 07 Apr 2015, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
197 104 103 7

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

komninosm
komninosm

Red China
Red Ferrari
I predict red 1-2

BTW did they change anything about Safety Car in this GP? Cause Raikonnen was complaining last round?

MercedesAMGSpy

giantfan10 wrote:Mercedes has had its feathers ruffled and are now running around acting like the world is on fire.....they sure do seem frazzled for this super team that some of you describe....the picture the broadcast painted during the Malaysian GP was not a good one...they will be beaten again if they start second guessing and reacting to ferrari....now they are rushing updates to their car for china which were not previously scheduled..... interesting since most fans say mercedes will win easily... why is mercedes reacting like this if their car is so much better than the ferrari and malaysia was a freak occurrence?
from autosport: Toto:
"Mercedes expects to bring forward some of its 2015 Formula 1 development programme to fend off the emerging threat from Ferrari."
"Asked if Mercedes was prepared for a resurgent Ferrari, Wolff said he was confident in his squad's resources but admitted there was a need to react."
"We just need to stay calm, continue to develop, put the right things on the car and put some things on the car earlier than we would have actually planned. But there's no reason to panic."
Mercedes is doing a brilliant PR job, nobody talkes about engine equalisation anymore.

n04h f1
n04h f1

Why wasn't the wing used in Malaysia? Did Nico tell them not to? :)

giantfan10
giantfan10

dans79 wrote:
It's all for the benefit of the drama seeking fans. You know, the ones who can't stand it when any one team dominates, or when a race doesn't have as many passes as a Daytona 500. Basically it's for all the constant internet complainers/ grumpy old white guys. I'm sure you know at least one person like that!
yes i do... you
i'm excluded from your less than excellent answer since i'm not white : )

dans79

giantfan10 wrote: i'm excluded from your less than excellent answer since i'm not white : )
It's a state of mind, not a skin color thing. Mr. Wilson from Dennis the Menace, for example.
197 104 103 7

PlatinumZealot

Jensn Button was the first to discover the two tyre management techniques to do a good qualifying lap, mister smedly...
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

β˜„οΈ Myth of the five suns. β˜„οΈ

β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ
LxVxFxHxN

PlatinumZealot

n04h f1 wrote:
Why wasn't the wing used in Malaysia? Did Nico tell them not to? :)
Yes. He wanted the ferraris to be a little closer....
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

β˜„οΈ Myth of the five suns. β˜„οΈ

β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ
LxVxFxHxN

raymondu999

PlatinumZealot wrote:Jensn Button was the first to discover the two tyre management techniques to do a good qualifying lap, mister smedly...
What are you referring to?
ε€±θ΄₯θ€…ζ‰Ύη†η”±οΌŒζˆεŠŸθ€…ζ‰Ύζ–Ήζ³•

mclaren111

Dans79 wrote:
I am White oldish guy. Have not missed a race since 1988 as a youngster, and still love F1 as much as then.

We are not all grumpy, or complainers. As a fanatical McLaren supporter I am not having the best of times lately, but that's the nature of things. We will be back :D