2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ds.raikkonen

Re: 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

Felipe 92 wrote:Verstapen changed direction twice, took out Kimi`s front wing without even being investigated and now he is complaining about Kimi going off the track. #-o
What bothers me was that there wasn't even an investigation by the stewards! Verstappen's defending is good, but there has to be a line. Kimi was totally justified in complaining about it. At one point, I hoped he'd run into Ver on Turn 1.
Raikkonen definitely the driver of the day, that Q3 debacle cost him a podium in the race. But Ferrari's race pace was solid wrt RBR. Bring on Germany!
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

Normal service resumes.
Lewis leads. Lets hope there will be no more team tricks from now.

Max needs to be punished for the dangerous way he defended, both in the braking zones and for moving across the track more than once.

gandharva

ds.raikkonen wrote:What bothers me was that there wasn't even an investigation by the stewards!
Well, because there was nothing to investigate. VES changed direction once and then took the corner. Nonetheless, great racing from both drivers, but of course fanboys will keep crying next ten pages. ;)

What I found a bit funny is that RBR risked P3 against Ferrari with an imho completely useless undercut at second pitstop. They never had the pace to attack Mercs but still tried...

dans79

gandharva wrote:
ds.raikkonen wrote:What bothers me was that there wasn't even an investigation by the stewards!
Well, because there was nothing to investigate. VES changed direction once and then took the corner. Nonetheless, great racing from both drivers, but of course fanboys will keep crying next ten pages. ;)
Yea, yea, keep telling your self that! He going to do that one to many times and get a front wing rammed up his back side.
197 104 103 7

FoxHound

gandharva wrote:

What I found a bit funny is that RBR risked P3 against Ferrari with an imho completely useless undercut at second pitstop. They never had the pace to attack Mercs but still tried...
Vers clearly changed direction twice in the wing incident.
JET set

gandharva

FoxHound wrote:Vers clearly changed direction twice in the wing incident.
Then go and tell the stewards. :D

ringo

I think Button's penalty is from the team telling him not to shift gear, and not the advice on the hydraulics.
For Sure!!

Sevach
Sevach

Boring race.

Red Bull was disappointing, didn't expect them to be slowing down the Ferrari's at the end of the race.

FoxHound

gandharva wrote:
FoxHound wrote:Vers clearly changed direction twice in the wing incident.
Then go and tell the stewards. :D
Doesn't change the fact.
JET set

gandharva

Exactly :lol:
Last edited by gandharva on 24 Jul 2016, 16:27, edited 2 times in total.

FoxHound

Sevach wrote:Boring race.

Red Bull was disappointing, didn't expect them to be slowing down the Ferrari's at the end of the race.
Their vaunted Aero/Chassis went on holiday this weekend.

Got their behinds handed to them by the Mercs, and Ferrari looked quicker passed half way distance.
JET set

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

So, the FIA penalises Jenson for a radio message about a failing brake pedal?
For taking actions to avoid a possible accident, Jenson get punished; for ignoring double yellows, Nico gets a hug and a pat on the shoulder.

I don't think there is a bigger joke than the FIA.

turbof1

FoxHound wrote:

Got their behinds handed to them by the Mercs, and Ferrari looked quicker passed half way distance.
More like completely compromised strategy which put them with very old tyres at the end of the race versus ferrari with fresher tyres. That strategy was really bollocks.
#AeroFrodo

FoxHound

turbof1 wrote:
FoxHound wrote:

More like completely compromised strategy which put them with very old tyres at the end of the race versus ferrari with fresher tyres. That strategy was really bollocks.
It didn't help at all.

But there was no pace in that Red Bull either.
JET set

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

Anyone else think the GUT penalty was very lenient? Almost an entire lap of ignoring blue flags yet after 3 corners aren't they're supposed to obey the blue flags? 3-4x that amount and only a 5 second penalty. Not to mention it could've had an effect on the race result.