2016 Belgian Grand Prix - Fri 26 – Sun 28 Aug 2016

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2016 Belgian Grand Prix - Fri 26 – Sun 28 Aug 2016

foxmulder_ms wrote:He doesn't have the Michael's speed though... lol.. He cannot even beat Ricciardo so vest is just a joke. His "moves" with Raikkonen are absolutely dangerous.
Is that why Ric was nowhere at the start, why he won in his frist RedBull GP race? haters gonna hate.

Funny isn't it how he isnt punished at all nor has there even been a 'investigation' in driver 33 'incidents'?? Not a single thought of the FIA on the matter.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

NL_Fer wrote:Total other question. Button started 8th. How did he crash with a Manor?
He got completely rear ended by a fool Wehrlein that was sleeping and scooped him up and damaged the car irrepairably.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

The_table

Why did Magnussen's head rest fly off, is it locked in place or just held in place by friction?

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: Despite crybabies crying 'rediculous' ? Not a single thought of the FIA on the matter. keep hating.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst ... es-811205/

Verstappen explained that the reason he was so aggressive against both Raikkonen and Vettel in the race was as a result of what happened at the first corner.

"If they screw up my race, I'm not going to make it easy for them," he said. "I think they should understand that.

"I'm not going to say: 'come on through'. But all that happened after turn one. If turn one hadn't happened, I wouldn't have been so aggressive and pushed Raikkonen out like that."

This isn't driving to be admired. This is immature hotheadedness.

cooken
cooken

Manoah2u wrote:Not a single thought of the FIA on the matter. keep hating.
Your assertion that the collective opinion of the FIA is the benchmark here is hilarious.

nokivasara
nokivasara

Manoah2u wrote:it was clear vettel cut them off, if vettel had not cut them that sharp NOBODY would have been hit, and everybody came out unscarred and max praised for his daring move, though kimi would have still kept in front of him afterwards. stop blaming max for vettel's fault, really. Exegaration over the top. Complaining how F1 has become a wuss sport, but the biggest wussies are the supposed fans that scream blood and murder when the glory days action happens on track instead of boring i have no b*lls and will use DRS like a wuss. Senna a hero, Schumacher a hero, Mansell a hero, all did exactly the same. and again, the fault was not with max, the fault was with seb vettel slamming into his own teammate for crying out loud. he probably would even had that 2nd place if he went a bit more wide, he had great traction in the corner and would have been right on the tail of Nico Rosberg.

Meanwhile , nobody noticing how awful DannyRic's start was?
Turn 1 incident was nothing, just racers wanting to be first. These things happen.

The blocking VES did to RAI later on though, not nice at all. What happened to leaving a cars width?
I think Niki Lauda, Villeneuve and others have been pretty clear, it's not just the fans that react to his reckless drivning.

cooken
cooken

Leaving a car's width does not apply to the situation with Kimi - that is only required when the car behind has a significant part of the car alongside the car ahead.
This was a reactive blocking move. Max had already chosen his line (slightly to the right of the racing line), and then pulled aggressively further to the right to deny Kimi any opportunity to pull alongside in the first place. It's dangerous, cheap, childish video game tactics, nothing more.

FWIW - I think Max is a supreme talent, and I applaud his move into turn 1.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

nokivasara wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:it was clear vettel cut them off, if vettel had not cut them that sharp NOBODY would have been hit, and everybody came out unscarred and max praised for his daring move, though kimi would have still kept in front of him afterwards. stop blaming max for vettel's fault, really. Exegaration over the top. Complaining how F1 has become a wuss sport, but the biggest wussies are the supposed fans that scream blood and murder when the glory days action happens on track instead of boring i have no b*lls and will use DRS like a wuss. Senna a hero, Schumacher a hero, Mansell a hero, all did exactly the same. and again, the fault was not with max, the fault was with seb vettel slamming into his own teammate for crying out loud. he probably would even had that 2nd place if he went a bit more wide, he had great traction in the corner and would have been right on the tail of Nico Rosberg.

Meanwhile , nobody noticing how awful DannyRic's start was?
Turn 1 incident was nothing, just racers wanting to be first. These things happen.

The blocking VES did to RAI later on though, not nice at all. What happened to leaving a cars width?
I think Niki Lauda, Villeneuve and others have been pretty clear, it's not just the fans that react to his reckless drivning.
as i stated in my first post in this topic, that indeed was rather unwise - the straight thing tho, the corner 'happenings' imho were bold but not more than that.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Fulcrum wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: Despite crybabies crying 'rediculous' ? Not a single thought of the FIA on the matter. keep hating.
So I take it your a max fan then?
Let's see Manoah2u rationalise this.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst ... es-811205/

Verstappen explained that the reason he was so aggressive against both Raikkonen and Vettel in the race was as a result of what happened at the first corner.

"If they screw up my race, I'm not going to make it easy for them," he said. "I think they should understand that.

"I'm not going to say: 'come on through'. But all that happened after turn one. If turn one hadn't happened, I wouldn't have been so aggressive and pushed Raikkonen out like that."

This isn't driving to be admired. This is immature hotheadedness.
hotheadedness or similar to what the other drivers to to other drivers aswell? given, in this case, the driving is 'rather agressive' but i recall a certain aussie driver that drove for RB whom wasnt DannyRic that made some rather schumacher-esque moves as 'return' to incidents of his competitors, including his teammate. Same goes f.e. for Coulthard, Sutil......dont get me wrong, that doesnt take away verstappens bold moves, very much on the edge, but it simply makes me wonder why people go all out on that when its so easily forgotten that he is far from the first one to make these moves.

turbof1

Oh dear, not this again. Common guys, Steven comes along, pets everybodies back for being decent in conversation and right after that the tone startens to darken? Can we get a closeup picture of that knife? Yeah the one turned and twisted in Steven's back.

I do not want to hear anything anymore about Max-fans, Max-haters, Max-extremists, Max-neutralists, Max-communists (yes, there's a pun in there) and Max-aliens. I myself am a Max-don't-care-which-camp'er, but you don't see me putting it out here.
#AeroFrodo

dans79

Manoah2u wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: ...
Initially no, but his driving this year is making it an absolute yes. As I and others have said, his driving is going to get himself, or someone else severely injured or killed. He's like Maldonado right now, a danger to everyone around him. And just because someone else did it in the past, and got away with it doesn't make it right!!!

He braked so late, he couldn't even keep his own car on the track (12 seconds in).

If Kimi hits him at this speed he is going airborne, and would easily clear the catch fence. (1:20 in).
197 104 103 7

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

I there's contradiction in Max logic. He is allowed to choose his line and push Kimi out, being alongside doesn't matter. Now let's think for a second about the first corner, just imagine Seb wasn't there and we were to switch the cars, so Kimi in Max's position and vice versa. Same racing lines, just Vettel not there. I bet Max would say he did a perfect legal defending move on Kimi then, pushing him in on the inside. He's just not consistent, whatever suits him is good. Me me me. That's what me thinks.

Shrieker

Wow i never imagined this discussion would carry on so much !

As I said before tho, as much as it was risky, worst thing that was going to happen in the first corner was a light touch between Ves and Rai. Without Vettel, that is. Ves was at no point out of control and understeering into Kimi.

As for his move against Kimi before Les combes, it's a shame the governing body hasn't already covered this kind of situation beforehand. In case the speed of approach is considerably big between the two cars, the defending driver should not be allowed to make his defending move after the attacking driver has made his move. Much like in Indycar.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Jolle
Jolle

First corner: VET's action resulted in a racing incident (VES was already next to RAI before the corner and in control, VET just steered towards the apex from a wide line, he should have known better)

For the rest of the race, VES' frustration is understandable (and if you compare it to ROS his defending in Spain allowed by stewards) but has no place in F1. Luckely in VES' case it's not an inability but a choice. A good sitting down with Marko should fix this.

PS, the Dutch press is all "that's racing" etc etc, real shame.

Edax
Edax

dans79 wrote:
LionKing wrote:Villeneuve on Verstappen:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ville ... ia-811480/

“But what he did afterwards that's not acceptable. What he did to Kimi twice on the straight, and to Vettel as well. Just calm down. You're going to kill someone.”
I can't wait to hear the discombobulated retorts to this.
discombobulated: wow learned a new word today :D

Anyway. On the start I think he is wrong. I think passing on the inside is a quite common procedure at F1 and I see no reason to ban inside passes.

On the block on Rai I think he is right and it should be forbidden as it is dangerous.

As for the 20 years ago this would not happen comment. I find that somewhat hypocriticalcoming from the guy who long held the title of craziest person on the grid. None of the moves of Ves were as dangerous or crazy as his famous bet with Zonta at Spa. And in contrast to Ves ( so far) a lot of his crazy moves ended in him or/and his opponents exploring the barriers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ksZR6oh0g

It was only after he ran in the back of Schumacher which resulted in the death of a marshall that he started putting some consideration to safety.

It would suit him better if he would relate to his own experience and tried to mentor the young rather than to glorify the past.
Last edited by Edax on 30 Aug 2016, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.