2016 Belgian Grand Prix - Fri 26 – Sun 28 Aug 2016

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Arunas
Arunas

Re: 2016 Belgian Grand Prix - Fri 26 – Sun 28 Aug 2016

Forgive me for OT question. May be someone here have experience, which are best places in Spa to watch race with General Admission tickets? May be place with good view of track and some big TV screen to see results. Will be grateful if somebody will share it's experience with me.

zac510
zac510

Arunas wrote:Forgive me for OT question. May be someone here have experience, which are best places in Spa to watch race with General Admission tickets? May be place with good view of track and some big TV screen to see results. Will be grateful if somebody will share it's experience with me.
The paddock? :D
Every GA area with a view of a screen or good corner will be staked out (reserved) with tents and other such paraphenalia and you won't be able to get close.
I've been to Spa for F1 and LMES 1000km. The latter was better for experiencing the track - I could walk around it for hours on end.
I wander the track on Friday/Saturday morning and then retire to a stand for the Quali/Race.

ME4ME

Arunas wrote:Forgive me for OT question. May be someone here have experience, which are best places in Spa to watch race with General Admission tickets? May be place with good view of track and some big TV screen to see results. Will be grateful if somebody will share it's experience with me.
I would definetly say the bus stop chicane. It's very impressive seeing the cars brake late into the corner. Also a lot of overtaking gets done there. However, make sure you're there in time, because there'll be a lot of people.

TAG

Andres125sx wrote:I don´t like to generalize, but you´re right I did it here too easily. It´s probably due to my opinion at the respect of current F1 tires... they´re crap! I know FIA has a big part of the responsability, but tires wich cannot be pushed hard and even so they last few laps... they´re artificially sweetening F1 and I hate it. With tires wich force drivers to drive well below the limit driver role is at its minimum ever. What´s the point of a fast driver who can go to the limit constantly without making mistakes (wich is the advantage of the greatests), when tires don´t allow that and all drivers must go at similar pace?

I really hate this.
With fuel and fuel flow restrictions and engines that need to go a prescribed number of races, why be so fixated on the tires? We've seen races where they *could* run an entire race distance on one set. Perhaps you're missing the big picture.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

Pouhon is also nice. Get there in time on race day so you can get a place on the hill side so you can see a bit of the next couple of corners aswell of Fagnes..

As ME4ME says. Busstop is impressive!

Les Combes and the inside of Rivage are also great

It's actually all great but go walk around on friday and saterday and pick you place for sunday and be there in time before it gets crowded. Have fun there

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

BBC are reporting that Mercedes think Hamilton will incur PU penalties this weekend.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37172485

Also, Ferrari are bringing an engine upgrade.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/08/24/ ... ne-to-spa/

Jolle
Jolle

ChrisDanger wrote:BBC are reporting that Mercedes think Hamilton will incur PU penalties this weekend.

I assume they leave their options open. If it's a weekend struck by rain, a bad qualification or he has a failure in q3 even, they can take the penalty. If it's a warm and rain free weekend and he puts in on pole, then Monza is a better option.

F1NAC

ChrisDanger wrote:BBC are reporting that Mercedes think Hamilton will incur PU penalties this weekend.

motorsport.com is reporting that Ferrari will bring upgrade to Monza not Spa?

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

So Hamilton might take a penalty and Ferrari might bring a new engine. :lol:

zac510
zac510

I thought they might delay the forced engine change until it coincides with Rosberg having to take some kind of penalty at the same race (would make a great race to watch too!)

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Does Hamilton really needs an engine, is there a chance he can continue with what he has?

Juzh

foxmulder_ms wrote:Does Hamilton really needs an engine, is there a chance he can continue with what he has?
Yes and no.

Jolle
Jolle

foxmulder_ms wrote:Does Hamilton really needs an engine, is there a chance he can continue with what he has?
In fact, he doesn't need an engine (ICE), he needs two turbo's (TC) and two MGU-H units to finish the season. He probably still can do the Belgian Grand Prix with the one he's got now.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Initial preparations have begun!

Photo credit.

Andres125sx

TAG wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:I don´t like to generalize, but you´re right I did it here too easily. It´s probably due to my opinion at the respect of current F1 tires... they´re crap! I know FIA has a big part of the responsability, but tires wich cannot be pushed hard and even so they last few laps... they´re artificially sweetening F1 and I hate it. With tires wich force drivers to drive well below the limit driver role is at its minimum ever. What´s the point of a fast driver who can go to the limit constantly without making mistakes (wich is the advantage of the greatests), when tires don´t allow that and all drivers must go at similar pace?

I really hate this.
With fuel and fuel flow restrictions and engines that need to go a prescribed number of races, why be so fixated on the tires? We've seen races where they *could* run an entire race distance on one set. Perhaps you're missing the big picture.
I don´t think so

Running on a saving fuel mapping does not imply drivers can´t drive to the limit, only the car is below its max potential, but drivers are still driving to the limit.... if tires would allow it of course.

The only reason there have been some race where they could go with one set for the full race is the extremelly conservative tire choice, whose reason is exactly Pirelli tires weakness, they´re afraid a more reasonable tire choice could bring durability or even safety concerns.

I don´t like the saving fuel formula, but I can cope with it. Buble gum tires are a different story, if drivers can´t drive to the limit, racing becomes nosense. At least for those of us who enjoy not only teams competitions but also drivers competition