2016 Belgian Grand Prix - Fri 26 – Sun 28 Aug 2016

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Re: 2016 Belgian Grand Prix - Fri 26 – Sun 28 Aug 2016

I'll be in Silver 2, that is just out of La Source. I hope it will be great (and not too hot)

godlameroso

Nice, yeah it's gonna pretty hot by Spa standards, stay hydrated. At least the nice weather will be good for consistency, seeing as it takes 20 minutes to do a 10 lap run, squeezing the entire program is gonna be tricky.
Saishū kōnā

Juzh

Andres125sx wrote: Running on a saving fuel mapping does not imply drivers can´t drive to the limit, only the car is below its max potential, but drivers are still driving to the limit.... if tires would allow it of course.
Problem is, it's better and faster to run on full power and lift early, thus by definition making drivers not drive at the limit.

Andres125sx

They dont drive to the limit in that meters they´re lifting. With poor tires they don´t drive to the limit at any point of the track. Can you see the difference?
Last edited by Andres125sx on 25 Aug 2016, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

You can see that in Formula E. Driver totally on the limit, engine in saving mode. Spectaculair to watch the braking and cornering.

Better then saving tyres in the corners, lifting/breaking early and max power on the first 90% of track.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

ThumbsUp wrote:
Arunas wrote:Forgive me for OT question. May be someone here have experience, which are best places in Spa to watch race with General Admission tickets? May be place with good view of track and some big TV screen to see results. Will be grateful if somebody will share it's experience with me.
Pouhon is also nice. Get there in time on race day so you can get a place on the hill side so you can see a bit of the next couple of corners aswell of Fagnes..

As ME4ME says. Busstop is impressive!

Les Combes and the inside of Rivage are also great

It's actually all great but go walk around on friday and saterday and pick you place for sunday and be there in time before it gets crowded. Have fun there

Having a bronze tix...hopefully it should be fun and thanks for the tips folks. Pouhan is nice I have heard, but is there a chance to see the cars at Eau rouge. How about food and drinks? are they expensive on site? Also heard that there will be extra measures to keep people safe due to recent events.

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

n_anirudh wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:
Arunas wrote:Forgive me for OT question. May be someone here have experience, which are best places in Spa to watch race with General Admission tickets? May be place with good view of track and some big TV screen to see results. Will be grateful if somebody will share it's experience with me.
Pouhon is also nice. Get there in time on race day so you can get a place on the hill side so you can see a bit of the next couple of corners aswell of Fagnes..

It's actually all great but go walk around on friday and saterday and pick you place for sunday and be there in time before it gets crowded. Have fun there

Having a bronze tix...hopefully it should be fun and thanks for the tips folks. Pouhan is nice I have heard, but is there a chance to see the cars at Eau rouge. How about food and drinks? are they expensive on site? Also heard that there will be extra measures to keep people safe due to recent events.
Food and Drinks are expensive on site. But that is everywhere! You can bring your own stuf but don't bring glass bottles they take it from you, that is for safety.

You can see Eau Rouge and with bronze tickets you have to be in the part where the sell the merchandise (inside the track) on the outside are grandstands I think it's gold or silver.. But I have been there on a thurseday on the grandstand.. maybe it was lack of the checkpoint but there is no chance on sundays ;)

I don't know nothing about the extra measures.. Well have fun there and enjoy it as much as you can..

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

So Mercedes and Force India are testing the Halo on spa..

Source: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3434 ... -practice/

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

They expect about 50000-60000 Dutchmen to see Max. I bet the better General Admission spots will be totally packed.

Do you still need earplugs with the new hybrids?

Juzh

Andres125sx wrote:They dont driver to the limit in that meters they´re lifting. With poor tires they don´t drive to the limit at any point of the track. Can you see the difference?
That's true.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

ThumbsUp wrote:
n_anirudh wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:

Food and Drinks are expensive on site. But that is everywhere! You can bring your own stuf but don't bring glass bottles they take it from you, that is for safety.

You can see Eau Rouge and with bronze tickets you have to be in the part where the sell the merchandise (inside the track) on the outside are grandstands I think it's gold or silver.. But I have been there on a thurseday on the grandstand.. maybe it was lack of the checkpoint but there is no chance on sundays ;)

I don't know nothing about the extra measures.. Well have fun there and enjoy it as much as you can..

http://www.planetf1.com/news/belgian-of ... -security/

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, it was the same at the Australian GP too, but hopefully should be ideal weather :D

krisfx
krisfx

zac510 wrote:
The paddock? :D
Every GA area with a view of a screen or good corner will be staked out (reserved) with tents and other such paraphenalia and you won't be able to get close.
I've been to Spa for F1 and LMES 1000km. The latter was better for experiencing the track - I could walk around it for hours on end.
I wander the track on Friday/Saturday morning and then retire to a stand for the Quali/Race.
I went in 2013 and watched from the entry to Rivage as it had a good screen there and you could also see the run down from the previous corner. For Qualifying I did similar but on the Kemmel straight, I just aimed for a TV.

I can confirm that the corners weren't covered with tents. As with every GP, if you really want a decent seat in GA, you need to be in the queue for the circuit at around 4-5am (some people slept in the queue at Silverstone).

I also watched from the GP2 paddock, that was pretty cool...

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Not sure if this is exactly what's happening, or just speculation, but this guy usually knows his stuff.
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/768789434292666368 EDIT: I'm just watching the press conference and Hamilton confirmed he'll be taking an engine penalty this weekend.

matt_b
matt_b

Good that they're getting it out the way early on a track you can overtake. Just hope they learned their lesson from China and start Lewis from the pitlane rather than last on the grid to then get tangled up in turn 1.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Cars all ready for tomorrow! :D

Photo Credit.