2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RonDennis
RonDennis

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

McG wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 01:00
mwillems wrote:
04 Aug 2019, 18:10
McG wrote:
04 Aug 2019, 17:22

Where do you pull this crap from.
More sponsor money will definitely mean a bigger budget. If anything, the shareholders will increase the budget.
It has been spoken openly as far as I remember, that the owners were supplementing the budget after the Honda split, from their own pockets and from sale of Assets, such as historic race cars. So it is entirely possible that any extra sponsorship may at first cover this amount. Now whether this was already resolved by the Latifi share purchase, or if the owners have already ceased payments, is another matter. But to say it is crap with no merit is not accurate at all, it's an entirely valid possibility.
Right at this moment the owners are pumping money into a planned wind tunnel.

Feel free to speculate about the future beyond that, but form has shown the owners aren't afraid to spend so I'll disagree with anyone who makes a wild guess.
Yeah, because the wind tunnel will only be used for F1. #-o

It's just another (needed) investment. The only one making wild guesses is you, although I'm not surprised looking at your other posts and the crazy messages you PM'ed me. I also never said that the budget wouldn't increase, I only said there is a possibility that the shareholders will put less money in the F1 team since they are the ones financed the Honda split.

Construction of the facility, replacing an old one, will take about two years and will be shared with the automotive side of the company and other motorsport projects.

M840TR
M840TR

Some interesting mentions in the team's behind the scenes feature for Hungary:

The MCL34 sported a new rear wing in Hungary. Featuring a mid-wing, and delivering more overall downforce, it will doubtless reappear in Singapore, and perhaps Brazil.
Although on the face of it we had better qualifying performance in France, Hungary felt like our best qualifying effort. A smoothly delivered seventh and eighth a very good effort, on a track that – at least on paper – should not have suited the MCL34
While most of the field started on the Medium tyre, Carlos and Lando set off from the grid on Softs. It meant they had to conserve rubber and manage the gap to the midfield Medium-shod runners to ensure they didn’t lose out to those likely to go much longer. It led to the strange situation of the race engineers calling out lap times of cars some way down the field, rather than those immediately ahead or behind.
A lot had to happen in the 60 seconds following Lando's pitstop on Sunday. Chief Mechanic Kari Lammenranta had to diagnose the fault and make sure it wouldn’t reoccur, and team manager Paul James needed confirmation from Kari that the pitbox was ready for Carlos, while getting the crew into the right frame of mind to perform. "Nice and steady with this one guys, Carlos has time, don’t rush it," was his calmly delivered instruction.
The summer shutdown is almost upon us and those in the garage are ready for a well-deserved break. Team Principal Andreas Seidl issued stern instructions after the race that everyone is to relax and be prepared to come back stronger for the second half of the year. The fact he issued these instructions while eating a Cornetto seemed particularly apt
https://www.mclaren.com/racing/2019/hun ... ungary2019

McG

RonDennis wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 20:05
McG wrote:
mwillems wrote:

It has been spoken openly as far as I remember, that the owners were supplementing the budget after the Honda split, from their own pockets and from sale of Assets, such as historic race cars. So it is entirely possible that any extra sponsorship may at first cover this amount. Now whether this was already resolved by the Latifi share purchase, or if the owners have already ceased payments, is another matter. But to say it is crap with no merit is not accurate at all, it's an entirely valid possibility.

Feel free to speculate about the future beyond that, but form has shown the owners aren't afraid to spend so I'll disagree with anyone who makes a wild guess.

It's just another (needed) investment. The only one making wild guesses is you, although I'm not surprised looking at your other posts and the crazy messages you PM'ed me. I also never said that the budget wouldn't increase, I only said there is a possibility that the shareholders will put less money in the F1 team since they are the ones financed the Honda split.

Construction of the facility, replacing an old one, will take about two years and will be shared with the automotive side of the company and other motorsport projects.
You have already been warned about abusing the voting system. And you are clutching at straws here, as you are most of the time. Take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself why you spout such nonsense speculation on the internet. It's very very sad, I feel embarrassed for you.
F1 is dead.

RS200E

RonDennis wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 20:05
McG wrote:
mwillems wrote:

dude u shouldnt dig your hole any deeper lmao
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

With still 9 races to go... The team has scored 82 points, making it the most successful season they’ve had since 2015 and with a good outlook for additional points in the second half... Could they surpass the 133 point mark? (Which is the amount of points they made during the 2015-2017 stint)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 22:36
With still 9 races to go... The team has scored 82 points, making it the most successful season they’ve had since 2015 and with a good outlook for additional points in the second half... Could they surpass the 133 point mark? (Which is the amount of points they made during the 2015-2017 stint)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It’s possible, they need to average 6 points per race. Considering the momentum they have and the results they’ve been achieving in the past few races, it’s definitely not out of reach.

Jambier

A podium would be perfect ! But I 'm afraid Germany was the best opportunity

ScottR267
ScottR267

With all the hard work that’s coming to fruition, here’s to hoping the team attract some significant sponsor money to continue with the rebuild. Hoping for a title/principle partner to go on the side pods to make the car less spacious there

Capharol
Capharol

i think with some luck McLaren get a podium this year.

this assumption is based on the fact that 1) Gasly is an easy target for Sainz or Norris, 2) there will come some tracks that either Mercedes or Ferrari, latter sooner, won't suit that well, and 3) Sainz took already 2x 5th places (1 thanks to weatherconditions, the other due to a bit of luck, drop off by Bottas, but on own merit aswell)

Marc.W

I would think the most likely chance at a Podium would be another wet race or if we have a 2017 Singapore style incident involving the top 3

_cerber1

We do not need a random podium, we need a podium that we won thanks to the racing pace. Much more important now will remain the fourth team in speed, on all types of tracks.

bauc

_cerber1 wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 13:55
We do not need a random podium, we need a podium that we won thanks to the racing pace. Much more important now will remain the fourth team in speed, on all types of tracks.
Agreed, random podium is great but if we get it on pace it would mean much more to everyone in the team and around it
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Jambier

_cerber1 wrote:
This is the very positive sign right now: It seems than the car can deliver performance on any type of tracks
If they can continue to be the clear 4th force on any track, then this is very good

Big Tea

I think the best bet would be to aim for good scores with both cars rather than push and risk lost points. If the cars are running well and establishing their position work can continue in a structured manor and be in better shape for next year. This year is not going to see them any higher than 4th, and extra points come from either car finishing higher, as long as they finish.

A Podium would be nice, but I think right now it would need a lot of luck. If the cars regularly run in the top 6 it becomes more likely more often
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marc.W

_cerber1 wrote:
I agree, I just don't think we have that this year