[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Lucky
Lucky

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

90feet

djos wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 00:07
diffuser wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 13:48
djos wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 04:54
You’ve ignored the bits saying a customer team can also have its preferred suppliers oil and fuel homolagated.
No, I did not. It is there. The question from prior entries was if they can get the secret sauces that Merc uses. Not sure what point you're trying to make.
You quoted my post and I did not raise that issue, I only commented that I hoped they will stick with Mercedes oil and fuel and not use gulf products in the Mercedes PU despite the gulf sponsorship.
The modern incarnation of Gulf Oil is a shell company that puts their logo on stuff. They don't even have the capability to develop F1-grade fuel and oils.

proteus

haza wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 12:07
At Zaks rate the cars gonna have no more space for sponsor/logos
The question is how much money these deals bring to the table.

Take a look at this picture and tell me, if you would think particular team would go out of bussiness at the end of the season:

Farcry from Mclaren, but all i want to say is that underselling can also be problematic (i dont know how much are spaces worth on Mclaren these days).

But overall good work from Zak indeed.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

the EDGE
the EDGE

proteus wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 16:35
haza wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 12:07
At Zaks rate the cars gonna have no more space for sponsor/logos
The question is how much money these deals bring to the table.

Take a look at this picture and tell me, if you would think particular team would go out of bussiness at the end of the season:
https://i2.wp.com/www.allinsport.ch/wp- ... ta_018.jpg

Farcry from Mclaren, but all i want to say is that underselling can also be problematic (i dont know how much are spaces worth on Mclaren these days).

But overall good work from Zak indeed.
not all of Mclarens partners are sponsors who hand over money to the team. Many just supply free or heavily discounted services in exchange for advertising, such as IQONIQ

Macklaren
Macklaren

I think the last two partner announcements are only for this GP?

the EDGE
the EDGE

Macklaren wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 17:12
If your referring to IQONIQ & Gulf, then no, they are both in it for the long run

IQONIQs fan engagement app will not even launch until later this year & Mclaren announced has a multi year deal with Gulf, although it was speculated to be a British GP special only before the official announcement was made

Macklaren
Macklaren

the EDGE wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 18:03
Macklaren wrote:
If your referring to IQONIQ & Gulf, then no, they are both in it for the long run

IQONIQs fan engagement app will not even launch until later this year & Mclaren announced has a multi year deal with Gulf, although it was speculated to be a British GP special only before the official announcement was made
I meant IQONIQ and Mind but i hear you on IQONIQ

CjC
CjC

MIND is a mental health charity so it’s just a good will gesture by Mclaren =D>
Just a fan's point of view

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Macklaren wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 18:56
the EDGE wrote:
Macklaren wrote:

Mind is for the rest of the season but I would think it’ll be extended

adrianjordan

cbbcisace wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 19:26
Macklaren wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 18:56
the EDGE wrote:

Mind is for the rest of the season but I would think it’ll be extended
With Mind being a charity partner and, AFAIK, only active in the UK, I can see them getting a more prominent exposure this weekend and next than at other events.

It is great to see an F1 team highlighting Mental Health in this way though.

My favourite team reinforcing my opinion of them!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

diffuser

djos wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 00:07
diffuser wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 13:48
djos wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 04:54
You’ve ignored the bits saying a customer team can also have its preferred suppliers oil and fuel homolagated.
No, I did not. It is there. The question from prior entries was if they can get the secret sauces that Merc uses. Not sure what point you're trying to make.
You quoted my post and I did not raise that issue, I only commented that I hoped they will stick with Mercedes oil and fuel and not use gulf products in the Mercedes PU despite the gulf sponsorship.
K

_cerber1

As far as I understand, there is a lot of work with the air package, there is no point in looking at the time. But the behavior of the machine is very nervous.

Xero

_cerber1 wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 14:19
As far as I understand, there is a lot of work with the air package, there is no point in looking at the time. But the behavior of the machine is very nervous.
All the cars are struggling with the wind. Wouldn't say it looks anywhere near as nervous as the Red Bull, that looks a right handful!

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Seems we are in the middle pack on race pace. Toro Rosso/Renault all extremely close. Tire deg is huge (on all cars).
Even starting 11th after qualifying wouldn’t be a bad thing here this year.
S1 and S2 are pretty decent. Very average in S3. Seems a trend in quali and race pace sims

McFAN
McFAN

Carlos was complaining about traffic during his flying lap so there may be a few tenths to be gained