Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Jip
Jip

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Ringleheim wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 15:30
Bad news from Mattia Binotto...as mentioned just now during Sky Sport's televised Testing. I"m watching online. Mentioned by Ted Kravitz...

The car is not a Mercedes beater now, but may be by the end of the season.

Will the car be new or different next week at the second test? No, this is the car we will take to Melbourne, with a few changes.

Mood is said to be downbeat.

GREAT.

😢
Still doesn't mean anything, Mercedes said the same last year, and look what happened in Melbourne. Don't read to much in the comments of Mattia.

JordanMugen

Manoah2u wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 01:31
that is a beautiful shot of in this angle a beautiful car. would be even better with a 'sharper' nose (ala RS20). But great shot and i like the redness here.
Certainly, with half of the teams now using a narrow nose... The wide nose on the remaining teams looks rather 'dated' and inelegant. It seems all teams will run a narrow nose under the 2021 regulations (indeed, do the regulations actually require it?).

Sevach
Sevach

Last edited by Sevach on 21 Feb 2020, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

dtro
dtro

wickedz50 wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 12:41
dtro wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 00:00
f1316 wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 23:03
I don’t know if anyone else noticed but Leclerc was 14kph down on Rai in the speedtrap (and about 8kph down on Bottas), which again shows how they’re running the engine very conservatively.
I noticed them hovering around 290kph down the main straight during Vettel's earlier runs in the afternoon, until his run on the C5(?) in the afternoon which he hit 305kph if I recall correctly. Definitely seemed like they were running lower power settings in the afternoon, at least from my armchair.
Engine broke down at 300KMPH... =D>
Engine --- the bed for the Silver team too man (yesterday). Better for the engine to --- the bed now so they have time to clean it up before the season starts.

PlatinumZealot

Seems Ferrari are still taking some design risks. They haven't mastered their new techniques required for these innovations
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manfer
Manfer

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/photos/fr ... /47059418/
Looks like Ferrari had a different wing on today.

TheFluffy
TheFluffy

Manfer wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 19:19
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/photos/fr ... /47059418/
Looks like Ferrari had a different wing on today.
That looks to me is just the old front wing. Most likely doing back to back comparisons to see if their correlation is fine.

munudeges
munudeges

The more I see of this car the more I'm confused about what they're doing and what's actually going on. You can't do back-to-back correlations of an old front wing on a new car. It simply doesn't work like that.

nemanja
nemanja

PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 17:15
Seems Ferrari are still taking some design risks. They haven't mastered their new techniques required for these innovations
What do You mean? Hydraulic front suspension...?

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

LM10 wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 15:45
Ringleheim wrote:
Bad news from Mattia Binotto...as mentioned just now during Sky Sport's televised Testing. I"m watching online. Mentioned by Ted Kravitz...

Will the car be new or different next week at the second test? No, this is the car we will take to Melbourne, with a few changes.

GREAT.

😢
What is going on here with everyone mentioning this irrelevant interview with Mattia? :)
Whether they're a Mercedes beater or not, but what do you expect Mattia to tell? That they are the fastest? Have you ever heard Mercedes accepting themselves being the fastest? Last year in testing they told that Ferrari were the fastest. Come on...
LOL. OK, let's wait for Q3 in Melbourne and we'll see who is right or wrong.

I've been closely following F1 since the mid '80s. The Ferrari is not going to be a Mercedes challenger. Binotto and Ferrari would have a totally different look/sound right now if that was the case, and believe me, they already know how their car stacks up against the others.

They also know how well they fixed what they wanted to fix, if they improved the parts that needed improving, etc.

LM10
LM10

Ringleheim wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 20:36
LM10 wrote:
Ringleheim wrote:

GREAT.

😢
What is going on here with everyone mentioning this irrelevant interview with Mattia? :)
Whether they're a Mercedes beater or not, but what do you expect Mattia to tell? That they are the fastest? Have you ever heard Mercedes accepting themselves being the fastest? Last year in testing they told that Ferrari were the fastest. Come on...

I've been closely following F1 since the mid '80s. The Ferrari is not going to be a Mercedes challenger. Binotto and Ferrari would have a totally different look/sound right now if that was the case, and believe me, they already know how their car stacks up against the others.

They also know how well they fixed what they wanted to fix, if they improved the parts that needed improving, etc.
I’m not telling that Ferrari is going to be the fastest. I would be dumb to suggest such a thing. They of course can be third force and it wouldn’t even be surprising. The thing is that such interviews never tell the full story. Especially in F1.

“Binotto and Ferrari would have a totally different look/sound right now if that was the case” - You mean like last year when they were smiling all around the place and had a positive “body language”?

toraabe
toraabe

If this car is a flop. they should instead focus on 2021.....

f1jcw
f1jcw

LM10 wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 20:44
Ringleheim wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 20:36
LM10 wrote:

I’m not telling that Ferrari is going to be the fastest. I would be dumb to suggest such a thing. They of course can be third force and it wouldn’t even be surprising. The thing is that such interviews never tell the full story. Especially in F1.

“Binotto and Ferrari would have a totally different look/sound right now if that was the case” - You mean like last year when they were smiling all around the place and had a positive “body language”?
Last year they was under the impression they was the fastest, so the body language would fit.

PlatinumZealot

nemanja wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 19:48
PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 17:15
What do You mean? Hydraulic front suspension...?
The engine. The engine has something new I sense. I cant explain why a mature engine design would have less reliabilitythan last year so the engine must have some bee really new features in it this year i suspect
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

Any 2019 quotes from test one? Would be really interesting. For 2020 these guys are definitely downbeat.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏