Maseratti Nettuno pre-chamber engine

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
PlatinumZealot

Maseratti Nettuno pre-chamber engine

This seems very f1 derived:

90 deg V6 TT with pre-chamber.. It does not mention MGUH however.

It will be interesting to see the emissions and fuel mileage figures.

https://www.motor1.com/news/431697/mase ... -revealed/

nzjrs

Re: Maseratti Nettuno pre-chamber engine

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2020, 17:36
This seems very f1 derived:

90 deg V6 TT with pre-chamber.. It does not mention MGUH however.

It will be interesting to see the emissions and fuel mileage figures.

https://www.motor1.com/news/431697/mase ... -revealed/
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29147

PlatinumZealot

Ok mods. Delete this topic.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Holm86

06 Jul 2020, 19:13
Ok mods. Delete this topic.
Yeah, I already made a thread for it, people didn't seem very excited about it :lol:

63l8qrrfy6

It does look like an F1-compliant prechamber (different from the original Mahle TJI which had both the injector and the sparkplug in the prechamber) with added port injection and second spark plug, presumably for low load/idling.

Also, since I was advocating the advantages of steel liners over parent aluminium bores here's a couple nice cross sections courtesy of ScarbsF1:

gruntguru

Some more detail in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to50KsCAjUM

Also shows a second spark plug in the main chamber for "other" operating modes.Why they didn't opt for the superior control and flexibility of injector in pre-chamber I am not sure. Royalties to Mahle?
je suis charlie

hollus

I think I'll leave both threads open. This one is in the engine subforum, the other one in the automotive news sobforum, so different visibility. And Both threads took a different line at the start and can have different focus, on the engine or on the car. Let's let both go and see which one gains more traction? Fell free to send a reminder to merge in the future if it makes sense.
Rivals, not enemies.

Holm86

hollus wrote: ↑
07 Jul 2020, 07:55
I think I'll leave both threads open. This one is in the engine subforum, the other one in the automotive news sobforum, so different visibility. And Both threads took a different line at the start and can have different focus, on the engine or on the car. Let's let both go and see which one gains more traction? Fell free to send a reminder to merge in the future if it makes sense.
In my opinion you can just delete my thread then, I only started it for the engine, the car itself isnt that interesting :-)

Holm86

Holm86

Doesn't sound particularly good

gruntguru

Holm86 wrote: ↑
07 Jul 2020, 11:51
Oh I disagree. It sounds bloody awful. I hope they can sort that out. Or maybe its a "disguised exhaust"?
je suis charlie

Holm86

gruntguru wrote: ↑
08 Jul 2020, 04:28
07 Jul 2020, 11:51
Oh I disagree. It sounds bloody awful. I hope they can sort that out. Or maybe its a "disguised exhaust"?
Thats what I mean :D
But I don't think a 90Β° V6 will ever sound that good, it also has a firing order of 1-6-3-4-2-5

PlatinumZealot

Passive pre-chamber. Basically an old-school spark plug sleeve.. but claims of stability.

Also interesting is it meets EU6 emissions. I am keeping in mind that super-car companies don't have to meet the same emission standards like mass production vehicles, but anybody with more knowledge can say how clean is this EU6 that Maseratti is meeting?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

santos

10 Jul 2020, 17:49
Passive pre-chamber. Basically an old-school spark plug sleeve.. but claims of stability.

Also interesting is it meets EU6 emissions. I am keeping in mind that super-car companies don't have to meet the same emission standards like mass production vehicles, but anybody with more knowledge can say how clean is this EU6 that Maseratti is meeting?
I belive that is the group of FCA who must comply with the rules. FCA made a deal with Tesla. They are paying the contruction of the Tesla factory in Europe. Tesla cars don't produce emissions so FCA are using the emission quota's from them. That's why Alfa could built the Giulia QV.

Bence

08 Jul 2020, 11:10
But I don't think a 90Β° V6 will ever sound that good, it also has a firing order of 1-6-3-4-2-5
...C30/32-powered NSXs were sounding goosebumpily good...