2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Apr 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Apr 16 - 18

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 11:06
Wouter wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:58
_cerber1 wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 10:53

They had the advantage of a day on set, while the rest had just one workout on Saturday.
What do you mean by : "They had the advantage of a day on set."?
I guess he means the filming days they did.
Yes, and a filmingday gives you a huuuge advantage! :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

_cerber1

Wouter wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 11:18
NathanOlder wrote:
Wouter wrote:

in the middle group, a huge advantage is not necessary.

etusch

djones wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 11:15
I suspect anybody expecting Merc to be anything other than fighting for pole and the win will be in for a disappointment.

In my opinion, it's unquestionable that Mercedes had the worst setup problems and most issues to resolve, ranging from engine to handling. Because of that, they have the easiest quick gains to make and they have had 3 weeks or something to figure out what is happening.

And let's not forget this is Mercedes and Lewis. A quite formidable combo that won the last race... a race that was all but in the bag for Max.

Part of me also thinks we have not seen the mythical innovations yet.
This is mercedes and lewis ? I think this tell very well of your view of point. Thank you for sharing with us.

djones
djones

etusch wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 11:38
djones wrote:
I suspect anybody expecting Merc to be anything other than fighting for pole and the win will be in for a disappointment.

In my opinion, it's unquestionable that Mercedes had the worst setup problems and most issues to resolve, ranging from engine to handling. Because of that, they have the easiest quick gains to make and they have had 3 weeks or something to figure out what is happening.

And let's not forget this is Mercedes and Lewis. A quite formidable combo that won the last race... a race that was all but in the bag for Max.

This is mercedes and lewis ? I think this tell very well of your view of point. Thank you for sharing with us.
Is it not Mercedes and Lewis??

The most successful driver of all time and the team that has dominated the last few years... Surely it's safe to assume these two are the biggest threat to RBR?

search

zibby43 wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 19:07
Cutting it close on resurfacing the entry to the pit lane lol! (via Albert Fabrega)
that seems to be the way they do it in Italy. When I visited the Giro a couple of years ago, they started the roadworks 4 hours before arrival ;)

search

Wouter wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 11:18
NathanOlder wrote:
Wouter wrote:

it were not only those 100 km, they did several days of testing with the old car as well. So they had a lot of data to work with, while most teams had none. This year the advantage should be more or less gone, though, although they did the same again.

V12-POWER
V12-POWER

djones wrote:

a quite formidable combo that won the race...with a little big help from the FIA, that is

atanatizante

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 18:03

A fair bt longer then. Makes it more interesting, just hopefully not too easy to cruise by another car.
It has to be seen had now it`s much easier to overtake although I doubt it ...

Last year track position was king and they tend to set up the car more towards qualy (like Bottas did) sacrificing some rear downforce thus forcing him to run wide in Rivazza 1 in the race.

This year Merc has no chance to fight for pole so they will focus solely on the race pace, bearing in mind they have some 4-5 tents qualy pace in hand from Macca & Ferrari even if they setup only for the race.

For me, this situation is mirroring Red Bull`s last year situation, when they also knew they have no chance of fighting for pole and concentrating just on the race and having a strategy with fewer and longer stints and hoping for a chance of undercut Merc drivers ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Wouter

Track Limits for now. :)

The Power of Dreams!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wouter wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 12:36

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzAcCOkXMAM ... name=small
Seems reasonable.

Only having a total of 3 excursions rather than 3 at each corner makes for some likelihood of the stewards being busy... :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

El Scorchio

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 12:52
Wouter wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 12:36

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzAcCOkXMAM ... name=small
Seems reasonable.

Only having a total of 3 excursions rather than 3 at each corner makes for some likelihood of the stewards being busy... :lol:
Yes, at least to their credit they have made it clear from the outset what the situation is, until they start changing it throughout the weekend.....
Let's hope they grow a pair and just maintain those rules constantly though, no matter whether the drivers and teams moan about it or not.

El Scorchio

djones wrote:

Agree. They absolutely stole a win from the faster car last time out with a combo of strategy and a great drive. Absolutely fascinating to see what the gaps are this weekend, and whether they are smaller or bigger.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Running outside of the 'Top 10' with free tire choice will have a significant advantage. It's better to be 11th with tire choice than qualifying 7th on soft.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

NAPI10 wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 14:56
Running outside of the 'Top 10' with free tire choice will have a significant advantage. It's better to be 11th with tire choice than qualifying 7th on soft.
The corollary of that is that the further back in the pack one is, the greater the risk of being involved in a first lap incident. Especially true if there is a long run to the first corner, as at Imola, and the guys ahead on soft tyres are more likely to get a better start and stay ahead. Those on a harder tyre risk being mugged off the line by someone behind that risks starting on the softer tyre.

Also, being behind but with tyre choice only helps if you have the pace to overtake those ahead. If you get held up by someone, especially an ostensibly slower car that has likewise taken tyre choice, you can end up losing a pit stop's worth of time.

Track position is almost always the preferred choice.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

PlatinumZealot

djos wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 05:23
PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 05:03
djos wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 04:56
Let’s leave imaginary friends out of formula one please!
Aaaaand you just commited the very same thing these rules are meant to prevent! Very nice! =D>
You’re welcome. Last time I checked this was an engineering forum, not a place for theological discussions.
Exactly! But you are the one that had commited that sin. You basically just trolled, even riducled, maybe 80% of religious users on here with that comment, basically implying that their Gods are riduclousis! This is basically lighter fluid to a religious debate!

For my post, it was just a harmless saying. No particular God was specified. It was like the typical jokes about racing gods and rain gods and all that jazz. In fact I find it very ironic that it bothered an atheist! =D>

Anyway. Back to the regular programme.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN