autogyro's Transmission Concept

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Pandamasque

Re: Are all teams using double-clutch transmissions this season?

autogyro wrote:This means that it cuts directly against all the current types of both racing, road, hybrid and electric transmission manufacture at all levels.
Moving cogs with a thought I suppose would be quite efficient.

This thread is amazing. It's like a sci fi novel, only longer. =D>
Go on though, I'll keep reading. How dare I ignore this thread until now. Shame that the Ginger Baker bit seems to have gone unnoticed by everyone.

PS: Ciro, remember when you said something about Colin himself being alive and living in Colombia?

Richard
Richard

Re: autogyro's Transmission Concept

OK, cats and slot cars to one side, lets get back to OP.

Autogyro - one thing that concerns me about your idea is how it will ever get built? You rightly don't want to share it in open because you want a share in the proceeds and/or get credit? Also, I guess you are not active in the motorsport industry, so what's the next step?

Giblet
Giblet

^

+1

It is starting to look like 4chan in here. If you don't know what that is, you are a better person for it.

It really hurts my eyes. This thread is an angry place to read. Angry big pictures are to incite argument and belittle posters and have nothing to do with talking about F1, or even autogyro's concept.

This thread was created to discuss exactly what the title suggests, it wasn't meant as an excuse to sling at autogyro en masse.

This place has a lot of hate in it these days. Respect your fellows, or get none back.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

xxChrisxx
xxChrisxx

Giblet wrote:^
Post above
This thread was derailed a long time ago. Autogyro has categorically stated he will not discuss his concept further than he aleady has done (with regards to talking about information about it).

The image macros WERE intended to be jocular and belittle the poster at the time. Autogyro came across as a troll, thus image macros were used to simply dismiss his posts and prevent anyone from giving due attention to them. It's been brought to my attention that he isn't doing tihs on purpose and I have sent auto an explination regarding this.

PS Autogyro check your PM (it may take some time to come thorugh as there is a delay on pm's.

Ciro Pabón

I just want to bump this thread.

Pandamasque I just read what you wrote about Colin living in Colombia. No, I did not recollect saying that, or perhaps it was a joke. I don't like to lie, period. What for? I have a bad reputation already and I like it. ;)

Just, for the sake of argument, consider this: what if Tom Kasmer and autogyro are saying the truth (I believe them, frankly, but you know how apparently dumb Tomba and myself are around this site and how we tollerate what seems intolerable: Saint Francis of Assisi was a lightheaded skinhead compared with Steven, let me tell you). What if, as riff_raff patiently explained, a new gearbox has a true impact on the way we handle cars?

Furthermore, how could that have an impact in racing? Specially after the CO2 thingie we commented elsewhere. I'm sorry but I have promised not to say anything about anything, so this is another misterious post (insert first compasses of Fifth Symphony here).

Consider it, will ya? C'mon, be a man and dare to say something original. Just like writing to your brother or your mom. Open your mechanical hearts... :D

All I know is that I have driven an electric car and it's embarrasing to take that thing uphill. Surely it has torque and it can handle it somehow, altough it breaks my heart to hear the engine to go low on revolutions when it take the slightest uphill. What if you could have a better way to do things? What if F1Technical could be a place to discuss that kind of ideas? What if this is the place to do that?

My small enterprise has a simple slogan: "We are what you think". It has more sense in spanish: "Somos lo que piensa". In spanish it simultaneously means "We are what thinks", but even in english is aplicable to this site. We... are... what... you... think.
Ciro

xpensive
xpensive

First of all Ciro, to my mind, the CO2 thingie is grossly xaggerated, kind of mass-suggestion it seems, when the chain of evidence from my car to drowning polarbears is very long indeed. And if an increase in CO2 in the atmosphere really has a bearing on the climate, chances are that future generations will send us a greateful thought or two that we were planning ahead to stall the next ice-age.

Having said that, wasting precious petroleum, which took million of years to produce, when sitting in the morning traffic is still outragous, but that's another discussion.

BoT, a vital part of my job irl is to deal with patent-rights, my own and others, where one of most popuar areas of inventions by armchair-engineers is...you guessed right, gearboxes and transmissions.

Check it out for yourself, go for "advanced search": http://gb.espacenet.com
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Richard
Richard

xpensive wrote:First of all Ciro, to my mind, the CO2 thingie is grossly xaggerated, kind of mass-suggestion it seems, when the chain of evidence from my car to drowning polarbears is very long indeed.

<snip>

Having said that, wasting precious petroleum, which took million of years to produce, when sitting in the morning traffic is still outragous, but that's another discussion.
.... I'm struggling to avoid this going off topic but I've got to say this ...

OK, set the man made climate change to one side. Its horribly polarised and dominated by ideologies. I only have one thing to say about ideologues, and it's not polite.

The fact is that we don't have enough sustainable resources on this planet for our population. It'll get worse when the majority decide that they do want to have the lights on at night, and perhaps some clean water. To paraphrase autogyro, it seems daft for us to be using a 19C invention that operates at 20-30% efficiency for our locomotion.

... now please return to topic

Pandamasque

Let's invent something better than. Not just 'fashionable' as a social statement, I mean better.

Maybe autogyro just did that, huh? But will we ever find out?

Richard
Richard

Pandamasque wrote:Let's invent something better than. Not just 'fashionable' as a social statement, I mean better.

I did do a post wondering about that higher up this page. Would be a shame for a possibly invaluable invention to stay in autgyro's head never to be tested by anyone.

xxChrisxx
xxChrisxx

richard_leeds wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:Let's invent something better than. Not just 'fashionable' as a social statement, I mean better.

I did do a post wondering about that higher up this page. Would be a shame for a possibly invaluable invention to stay in autgyro's head never to be tested by anyone.
Even if it does turn out to be useless, at 4 inches cubed it's the perfect size for a paperweight.

autogyro
autogyro

xxChrisxx wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:

Even if it does turn out to be useless, at 4 inches cubed it's the perfect size for a paperweight.
Yep

jon-mullen

(BUMP)

Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

flynfrog

It even appears to be period correct :lol:

jon-mullen

NuVinci's CVT for a bicycle:

The good news? 350% gear range. The bad news? 3.9 kg of rotating mass! (compare to a Campy Record track hub at under 300 g)
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

flynfrog

jon-mullen wrote:NuVinci's CVT for a bicycle:

The good news? 350% gear range. The bad news? 3.9 kg of rotating mass! (compare to a Campy Record track hub at under 300 g)
I think GPDR is using that in is electro racer