Renault R30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bar555

Renault R30

Design Project
The car next season, called R 30, will learn from this season. The engineering department has incorporated the two major regulatory changes in 2010, namely a large tank due to fuel supplies allowed, and the front tires closer. Then, Renault has chosen a very different aerodynamic concept. The R30 is equipped with a nose longer and diving, and a front lot more complex than the R29. Finally, the position of center of gravity of the chassis has been shifted forward to better exploit the tires

Some key factors about the development of the R30 project
-R30 was almost finished according to Caubet at the end of september
-R30 nose will look like RB5 nose
-R29 devellopement was stopped since june according to Fernando Alonso

A possible livery for the R30 published by a French magazine

The Diamond would use colors directly from its history in Grand Prix. The dress of the R30 would be a wink to the cars of the 1970s, focusing on yellow, black and white. The main sponsor ING will be replaced by a multiplicity of contracts

Drivers
Robert Kubica joined the Renault F1 Team in 2010 . The place of Romain Grosjean in 2010 is not confirmed .

Source: " The Paris "
courtesy of alecc
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

horse

Re: Renault R30

looks a lot like one of these:

more than one of these:

"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Pandamasque

why?

horse

Yeah, I think I'm just expressing a personal opinion here, sorry. I always imagine classic Renault as the yellow and white cars rather than the yellow and black cars.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

ESPImperium

If you take F1 as a marketing exersize, yellow and black are more striking and make a statement that sticks in your head longer than yellow and white in equal measure.

Its something to do with youre sub-concious self associating it with danger and not saftey whitch white and yellow is. Danger sticks, saftey dosnt.

Next year we will see many colour schemes return to the grid, as well as have a couple new ones as well.

tarzoon

Nothing confirm on Renault's board yet...

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 1045.shtml

Pandamasque

Carlos The Badger had the nerve to question the fairness of F1. [-X They could have been thrown out. Can they at least quietly decide what to do next without stinking that much?
joesaward.wordpress.com

tarzoon

In my view, F1 is a double edge sword for a company like Renault. If they do well, they get the credits and all the advertisement. If they don't, it's just a waste of money. Unlike Ferrari that lives on F1 tradition and Merc that is one of the top brands when it comes to premium market cars, Renault has no great fame (80's are long gone), except that of being unreliable, full of crappy gizmos and gadgets and, as Clarkson said, having safe cars that won't be involved in any accident because they'll break before that.

While they were enjoying top positions, everything was fine. Now that they have a bad image, no decent results, lost Flavio, Symmonds, Alonso and (worst of all) Piquet, why should they remain?

If I was in Renault's board, I would be asking precisely that!

mstar

vehicle technology director Tad Czapski, who was also in charge of vehicle dynamics and electronics is leaving i wonder what impact that have on renault.

anybody know where he is going?

Fil

Is Renault F1 Team being sold..?

One of the prospective buyers is apparently Gerard Lopez.

Rumours are now beginning to swirl due to Ho-Pin Tung receiving a surprise Jerez test-drive slot at Renault.
Swiss publication, Motorsport Aktuell, has revealed that Tung is managed by Gravity Sports Management - co-founded by one Gerard Lopez..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Fil

Now further rumours of Enstone being sold, possibly to Prodrive, and Renault becoming an engine supplier for its former guise & Red Bull..
Link

i would love for this to happen if it means Kubica is released from his contract so he can jump over to MercedesGP 8)
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Astro1

I don't know if they are being sold or not, but they do have a "triple deck diffuser of death" Original link by scarbs

From Jerez

WhiteBlue

Richards and ProDrive back in F1 would be fantastic. They would have a solid chance to develop their own 2L power unit for F1 or the world engine and batch that Aston Martin or any other name in other categories.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Carlos

Richards to buy Renault
December 3, 2009 by Joe Saward
"Multiple sources in the industry are reporting that it will be announced later today that David Richards’s Prodrive operation will be acquiring the Renault F1 team." http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/12/ ... y-renault/

Rod_in_Chile

bar555 wrote:Design Project
.... and the front tires closer.
I heard the wheels were going to be narrower are you sure they are going to be closer?
Also with the wide front wing will we end up with a wing protruding past the front wheels?