Virgin Racing (aka Manor GP)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Virgin Racing (aka Manor GP)

I don't know much about it but I like the car's colour scheme. :mrgreen:

http://www.manorgp.com/

Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 30 Nov 2009, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

ESPImperium

Re: Manor GP -----(?)

Probably gonna be renamed for sponsorship purposes, Virgin Manor GP or Virgin GP.

Thank god we get some testing next week as im going out of my mind without any on track action. God Damn cost cutting.

allstaruk08

how awesome would it be if their paint scheme was just the black carbon fibre. thats how i'd want my F1 car lol

ESPImperium

allstaruk08 wrote:Image

how awesome would it be if their paint scheme was just the black carbon fibre. thats how i'd want my F1 car lol
And they would have an extra 4Kg or 8Kg of ballast to throw arround the car as many paint schemes can weigh as much as this on a car.

allstaruk08

lol exactly abit of clear coat and it would look imense! Mite not be fast but it will look good lol

Fil

With the name-change to Virgin GP expected, i wonder what they will paint the car.. white with red, or red with white..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

GTO

Oh man! :x
Just when we get rid of one red & white color team, another one joins. I hope they can put the red & white Virgin branding on a black car. [-o<

Fil

ESPImperium wrote:And they would have an extra 4Kg or 8Kg of ballast to throw arround the car as many paint schemes can weigh as much as this on a car.
i highly doubt paint on F1 cars would add any more than 2kgs.. afaik clear coats aren't used, primer is minimal & the paints themselves are F1-specific designed primarily to be light-weight, unlike hard-wearing road-vehicle paints.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Shrek

Re: Virgin Manor GP -----(?)

What about race wrap stuff they use in NASCAR, and also that's still weight because they're still looking to get even an ounce out of the car and it would be cheaper to built both for materials and labor
Spencer

flynfrog

ESPImperium wrote:
allstaruk08 wrote:Image

And they would have an extra 4Kg or 8Kg of ballast to throw arround the car as many paint schemes can weigh as much as this on a car.
and they would be throwing away tubs do to UV damage

PlatinumZealot

They say the Lotus looks like the Force India, but this Manor Looks like the Ferrari!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

raceman

Front tyres are slimmer in 2010 and the above image doesn't incorporate it within it; isn't it??

allstaruk08

Fil wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:And they would have an extra 4Kg or 8Kg of ballast to throw arround the car as many paint schemes can weigh as much as this on a car.
i highly doubt paint on F1 cars would add any more than 2kgs.. afaik clear coats aren't used, primer is minimal & the paints themselves are F1-specific designed primarily to be light-weight, unlike hard-wearing road-vehicle paints.

There mite not be clear coat on other F1 cars but there would be clear coat on mine lol. Thats all that would be on so it would surely be lighter than normal painted F1 cars no?? :). Oh and wouldn't clear coat protect against UV damage?

ESPImperium

flynfrog wrote:and they would be throwing away tubs do to UV damage
Quite posibly, but what about puttng a clear coat that had a UV blocker/reducer in it???

But i do now think that if Manor GP are renamed the worst name in F1 next year i think, Virgin GP or Virgin Manor GP, i think they will take what is/was the traditional Honda colours (Black & Red) or Toyota Colours (White & Red) for the 2010 season.

Altho, for my Data Charts i have had to chop and change colour schemes already for my now started 2010 season sheets.

those are 2009 tyres in the image. you will easily be able to distinguish them from the 2010 tyres once they are running on the cars.