Bahrain GP 2010 - BIC

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ben_watkins

Bahrain GP 2010 - BIC

The Bahrain GP this year will be run on an extended circuit layout..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81055

The new layout increases the circuit length from 5.412km circuit to 6.299km.
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

mx_tifoso

Re: Bahrain GP 2010

That's a great idea, although it won't allow comparisons between each season regarding lap times and such.

It's a very creative and simple way to make the GP more interesting and entertaining, I think other circuits should take similar action; mix it up a bit.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

godlameroso

This will add at least another 20 seconds to the overall lap time making it the second longest and possibly slowest track on the calendar. The only track that is longer is Spa and that has 2 20 second flat out sections from La Source to the end of Kemmel and the run up to the Bus Stop after turn 15
Saishū kōnā

Miguel

The new section looks better (no longer stop and go). However, I think that the resulting layout is way too long. In any case, this will not result in a slower circuit than either Monaco or Singapore. Let's see...
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

jddh1

wow, we started this thread already? I'll start the Canadian GP 2010 thread in a few minutes.

raymondu999

They did say they were speeding up Singapore's lap though. And also I wonder how they would set up the cars differently... seems like this would increase the downforce set-up every so slightly, no?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

The new layout replaces a straight with 1 high speed turn followed by a medium speed turn, then a slow speed turn followed by another slow-medium and fast-medium complex ending with another slow speed turn which is constant radius mind you. The type of corners haven't really changed as Bahrain has every type of corner, only the the first two corners are stop and go affairs.
Saishū kōnā

TheMinister

Looks pretty nice, glad to see they retained turns 18 and 19 (new numbers), the camber on those is absolutely fantastic, just about my favourite corner of the F1 season.

JohnsonEvilTwin

turns 18 19? I can remember anything great about Bahrain. Just sun sand and dour racing last year.
Can I see pics of the camber???? I have memory issues :lol:
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." Adams

Pandamasque

Check out this video of Mark Webber circuit preview in the simulator.

Giblet

"The Bahrain Grand Prix. Beautiful weather, not many people around, and the first race of the season."

Cheeky bugger that Webber :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

mach11

it seems like just yesterday that the season 2009 got over... and now its 4 months since the abu dhabi grand prix and i cant wait for this season to being.....

i lkie the circuit... and the camber turns.... i think its good for F1 to have these purpose built tracks for racing...

but again nothing can be compared to a street circuit and all the challenges it puts the drivers through....

lets wait n see what happens during this year's race....

ringo

I think we can put a pic of the circuit now. 3 days to go!
For Sure!!

mx_tifoso

ringo wrote:I think we can put a pic of the circuit now. 3 days to go!
What's stopping you from doing it? :?

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

marcush.

quite a thing ,the establishment seem to be annoyed by the fact that the new teams come slow or completely unprepared in terms of miles run to the first GP.
did no one realise that this was going to happen ? I´d say Virgin and more so lotus have done enough to be called creditable ,and to moan around is totally out of perspective ,if you look back to the good ol days ,this sort of gap(5 seconds ) was the usual pace of a backmarker.
the fact we have now seen so close performances is only because teams like TR had access to top notch material and recources from RB as did F1 from Mercedes.

Virgin and lotus are obviously not acting along those lines.