Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
vall
vall

Re: Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

The Hulk spoiled the race!!! He let the Bulls easy and held Alonso and later Hamilton. Alonso definitely had the pace to put pressure on the Bulls, possibly with Hamilton not far behind. It would have been interesting race...

Goran2812
Goran2812

Re: Button signs for Mclaren

Diesel wrote:Good job from Lewis today, started 4th finished 4th. Jenson had a shite race though, started 11th finished 5th, terrible terrible driver.
yeah! :D
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Terrible3
Terrible3

I for one don't want to see team orders come into play next week. Mark has had one of if not the fastest cars on the grid all year and rock solid reliability. The fact that SV despite a good 4 (3 of those while leading the race) car related failures is just a few points behind. Yes I realize Alonso was gifted a few points by Massa, but still the fact is that Alonso has done exactly what he said he would do, a sting of podiums. This is no small feat as such I really hope team orders do not effect next weeks outcome. If Mark is simply not fast enough to win this title on his own I don't want it handed to him. I for one would have loved for another ten laps today to see if Mark would have been able to make an impression or passing attempt at Vettel.

Sean H
Sean H

I think Nico did pretty well. Remember, he wasn't being lapped. He was racing for position as well. Anything could happen and it was his job to stay up front as long as possible. It took longer for Alonso to pass Nico than he needed to dispatch Lewis, who would of thought that?

Lewis should thank Hulk for pitting. As he never actually could pass Nico.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

Terrible3
Terrible3

Diesel wrote:Good job from Lewis today, started 4th finished 4th. Jenson had a shite race though, started 11th finished 5th, terrible terrible driver.
Once again one would have to site pit strategy. Jensen will always finish well when he finds the ideal strategy. I believe a lot of the time its blind luck as it seems whenever he falls back or fails to make passes he dives into the pits. Sometimes his gamble pays off (Meboure) and other times it does not (Korea).

Sean H
Sean H

Terrible3 wrote:I for one don't want to see team orders come into play next week. Mark has had one of if not the fastest cars on the grid all year and rock solid reliability. The fact that SV despite a good 4 (3 of those while leading the race) car related failures is just a few points behind. Yes I realize Alonso was gifted a few points by Massa, but still the fact is that Alonso has done exactly what he said he would do, a sting of podiums. This is no small feat as such I really hope team orders do not effect next weeks outcome. If Mark is simply not fast enough to win this title on his own I don't want it handed to him. I for one would have loved for another ten laps today to see if Mark would have been able to make an impression or passing attempt at Vettel.
another ten laps and Webber probably comes under attack from Alonso. Fred was taking 4 and 5 tenths a lap out of MW for a string of laps while trading fast laps with LH who had fresh tires.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

ringo

I for one don't want to see team orders come into play next week. Mark has had one of if not the fastest cars on the grid all year and rock solid reliability. The fact that SV despite a good 4 (3 of those while leading the race) car related failures is just a few points behind. Yes I realize Alonso was gifted a few points by Massa, but still the fact is that Alonso has done exactly what he said he would do, a sting of podiums. This is no small feat as such I really hope team orders do not effect next weeks outcome. If Mark is simply not fast enough to win this title on his own I don't want it handed to him. I for one would have loved for another ten laps today to see if Mark would have been able to make an impression or passing attempt at Vettel.
So you would rather Ferrari win with their team orders, and redbull not use it becuase mark is not fast enough?
Alonso wasn't fast enough in germany you know.
For Sure!!

ringo

Sean H wrote:I think Nico did pretty well. Remember, he wasn't being lapped. He was racing for position as well. Anything could happen and it was his job to stay up front as long as possible. It took longer for Alonso to pass Nico than he needed to dispatch Lewis, who would of thought that?

Lewis should thank Hulk for pitting. As he never actually could pass Nico.
He could, he did it a couple times, but it would have ended up with some touching.
Then we'd have the same complaints that Hamilton is too aggressive and crashes too much.
The ferari did seem to have a much bigger speed differential to the Mclaren, than it did the Williams for some reason.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Goran2812 wrote:not the win in Singapore mate ;)
And I'm not so sure he meant Vettel should have done and won it... By the "tone" of his post it looks like someone stole his win from him :D but he did it do himself...
And he had the whole race to pass Fred so... case closed :D
CAN'T WAIT for Abu Dhabi!!! It'll be very interesting to see what Horner will do if it comes to him making a desicion...
Let's not even start on how geniuses can infer tone out of meer collections of letters. What I meant is that the momentum is with Sebastian at the moment. He was capable of stringing everything together in quali and the race, but botched his final Q3 run which botched the weekend.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

Rosberg was even more terible!
13th to 6th with 1 more stop than Button. :lol:
For Sure!!

dougskullery
dougskullery

Does anyone feel Button had the pace at the end to challenge Hamilton, if it hadn't been championship suicide for McLaren? Button was consistently a second behind Lewis for the latter part of the race, suggesting to me he would have had the pace to overtake if the championship was taken out of consideration.

Goran2812
Goran2812

Sean H wrote:
Terrible3 wrote:I for one don't want to see team orders come into play next week. Mark has had one of if not the fastest cars on the grid all year and rock solid reliability. The fact that SV despite a good 4 (3 of those while leading the race) car related failures is just a few points behind. Yes I realize Alonso was gifted a few points by Massa, but still the fact is that Alonso has done exactly what he said he would do, a sting of podiums. This is no small feat as such I really hope team orders do not effect next weeks outcome. If Mark is simply not fast enough to win this title on his own I don't want it handed to him. I for one would have loved for another ten laps today to see if Mark would have been able to make an impression or passing attempt at Vettel.
another ten laps and Webber probably comes under attack from Alonso. Fred was taking 4 and 5 tenths a lap out of MW for a string of laps while trading fast laps with LH who had fresh tires.
nah... webber had to go easy on the throtle becouse the engine was getting too hot... he could have gone faster if he needed to...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

dougskullery wrote:Does anyone feel Button had the pace at the end to challenge Hamilton, if it hadn't been championship suicide for McLaren? Button was consistently a second behind Lewis for the latter part of the race, suggesting to me he would have had the pace to overtake if the championship was taken out of consideration.
For most of the last stage of the race, Hamilton was a few tenths a lap faster than Button. In the last few laps Hamilton obviously backed off slightly.

On a single lap with the car exactly as they want it, I think Button and Hamilton are neck and neck but if the car isn't 100% then Hamilton is the quicker.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ringo

A car with the way Button wants it has to be a superior car to Hamitlon's.
The car simply can't be equal, he wont like it.
For Sure!!

zeph
zeph

Am I alone in thinking that Hulkenberg gave Vettel a good hand?

edit:

Just realized that sounds like they conspired. Not my meaning. I mean, Vettel passed him right away but he held up Webber and Alonso for a considerable time.