Toyota Motorsport GmbH (TMG) today revealed the high-performance design, development and production services which will take it into a new era. At the former F1 factory in Cologne, the restructured team will provide specialist solutions ranging from complete car development to individual component testing or production, aimed at the automotive or engineering sectors and beyond.
Around 200 experts provide a flexible portfolio of specialised services which for the first time is available to external clients, in addition to the worldwide Toyota family.
As part of its revised business model, TMG will also support Toyota's development of grassroots motorsport to bring the excitement of racing to the wider public whilst expanding its high-performance sports conversion activities, which began in 2000.
A new era also brings a new identity as ‘the home of high performance', a slogan which concisely sums up the comprehensive range of design, development and production services all under one roof in the 30,000m² facility.
To highlight TMG's services, a new website, www.toyota-motorsport.com, has been launched to showcase the diverse facilities and services, which include:
• Full-car or component design from an experienced and skilled design team.
• CFD simulations of complex geometries using automated and correlated processes from meshing to post processing with an extremely competitive turnaround time.
• Two wind tunnels, one capable of running a full car, both suitable for 60% models.
• A suite of 13 rapid manufacturing machines, one of Europe's largest.
• A driving simulator with 14 laser-mapped circuits and electric motion platform.
• Standard, high-dynamic, single-cylinder and rolling road engine dynamometers.
• Unique engine and component test rigs including cam rig, radiator wind tunnel and port development flow bench.
• Component testing rigs capable of over 200 individual tests, including seven-post rig, transmission test system and full-car road simulator.
But TMG is more than the sum of its parts. With these state-of-the-art facilities and more located under one roof, TMG is perfectly placed for complete car or engine development, including extensive testing and in-house production.
Yoshiaki Kinoshita, Executive Vice President of TMG, said: "I am proud to announce the next chapter in the history of Toyota Motorsport GmbH, the home of high performance.
"This chapter is based on three pillars: grassroots motorsport, high-performance sports conversion and delivering specialist design, development and production solutions to clients from a diverse range of industries.
"Whether it has been top-level motorsport or sports conversion projects, our philosophy has always been to create individual solutions for every challenge and that flexible attitude is, more than ever, a core value at TMG.
"We are committed to delivering high-performance services, from Particle Image Velocimetry in our wind tunnels to our rolling road dyno to full car design, and we are excited by the challenges our various clients will bring us in 2010 and beyond."Source: Toyota