New Jeddah circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
basti313

Re: New Jeddah circuit

AeroDynamic wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 17:39

Qualifying will be a disaster with everyone hunting a tow
I do not think so. You would just grill your tires in the first 9 corners until turn 10 is the first one flat.

Same goes for overtaking...I fear this will not be easy if there is no wind reducing a bit the dirty air issue. You simply can not follow from T1 to T10 for sure, then you have from 13 to 16 again a series where you can not follow until you reach the high speed stuff, but is this enough if you have to follow through T22 a high speed corner in the middle?
My guess is, that most overtaking will happen into T1 if one can manage to get close in the last corner.
Don`t russel the hamster!

wogx

Can we open a proper race weekend thread now? The circuit is ready, we know about it.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

AeroDynamic

wogx wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 23:27
Can we open a proper race weekend thread now? The circuit is ready, we know about it.

Yeah here is the full res track circuit from FOM

NathanOlder

3 DRS zones is going to be fun.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

wogx wrote:
It is tradition to wait till the week of the race.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

godlameroso wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 15:41
The most unique part of this circuit is the emphasis on entry angle, speed and platform control during corner entry. If you nail the entry the exit is easy, the difficult part becomes then judging where and how much to brake. Drivers who always brake a certain way will have trouble adapting to the circuit because late braking is slower than early gentle braking. I tried late braking and although I could nail the entry, I carried less speed through the entry and found it more difficult to position the car for the exit.

With an early braking technique I found I could control the aero platform to work harder on entry, to let me position the car for an easy exit. You need that Mo'town Philly braking technique, not too hard, not too soft.
Maybe you could brake late but come off the brakes at a higher speed, provided the car settles enough.
For Sure!!

AeroDynamic

siskue2005

AeroDynamic wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 03:44
Looks wider than the f1 2021 game footage

Incognito

Plenty of bare concrete blocks or concrete wall ends exposed right next to the track. If we end up with a catastrophic tyre failure or, worse, a repeat of the Bottas/Russell incident then I really wouldn't want to be in one of those cars.

bonjon1979

Incognito wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 13:44
Plenty of bare concrete blocks or concrete wall ends exposed right next to the track. If we end up with a catastrophic tyre failure or, worse, a repeat of the Bottas/Russell incident then I really wouldn't want to be in one of those cars.
I completely agree. I've got a bad feeling about this weekend. Not just from how the track looks, but how last minute it all appears to have been brought together. Just doesn't inspire much confidence and the actual track looks to be in a dreadful state.

El Scorchio

NathanOlder wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 00:40
3 DRS zones is going to be fun.
Especially with detection zones 2 and 3 being almost right at the end of the previous DRS zones. If cars can follow close enough through the corner(s) between them there could be lots of opportunity for some exciting racing.

AeroDynamic

Meh I don't like the look of it for F1 cars to commence battle in. They're not designed to make contact with each other in any heavy way. That track gives me demolition derby vibes

nacho

Does this track has the most corners of any track in the calendar?

WaikeCU

AeroDynamic wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 00:18
wogx wrote:

Yeah here is the full res track circuit from FOM

https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... ircuit.png
Looks like a flattened, minimalistic version of Suzuka :lol:

El Scorchio

nacho wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 16:07
Does this track has the most corners of any track in the calendar?
I think it must. Possibly by a margin. If I recall correctly. Silverstone, Sochi, Singapore and Baku are probably up there as well?