More Moderators Please

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
hollus

Re: More Moderators Please

We don't aim for perfect, only for better.

And with this, I am out of the "bash the mods" thread.
Rivals, not enemies.

Just_a_fan

hollus wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:08
He called the lawyer biased, not ugly. And used nationality as a likely source of bias. That's how I see it.
Michael Schumacher is obviously a Nazi because he's German.

:|
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Tom145145

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:38
dans79 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:34
hollus wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:08
He called the lawyer biased, not ugly. And used nationality as a likely source of bias. That's how I see it.
So to be clear, You are perfectly fine with using a person's nationally as justification for invalidating said individuals personal or professional opinion because they must be biased because of their nationality?
Why not? Just someone’s opinion isn’t it. Doesn’t make it the right opinion most likely. As its suitably narrow minded but stranger things have happened?
It’s like people assume I’m a Max fan just because I’m Dutch and tailor their responses accordingly on here. Should I take offence, because obviously its wrong? I don’t think so, Just another persons “blinkered” view.
Is the issue not that people are ignoring information from a source purely on assumption of nationality, even if the information relates to the discussion? It is a tactic to discount information that doesn’t suit the narrative they want, it
is not helpful and offers nothing to the discussion.

Just_a_fan

So why was this deleted and the original post left up? What's wrong with this one that's ok with the other?

If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

101FlyingDutchman

Tom145145 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:50
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
dans79 wrote:

So to be clear, You are perfectly fine with using a person's nationally as justification for invalidating said individuals personal or professional opinion because they must be biased because of their nationality?
Why not? Just someone’s opinion isn’t it. Doesn’t make it the right opinion most likely. As its suitably narrow minded but stranger things have happened?
It’s like people assume I’m a Max fan just because I’m Dutch and tailor their responses accordingly on here. Should I take offence, because obviously its wrong? I don’t think so, Just another persons “blinkered” view.
Is the issue not that people are ignoring information from a source purely on assumption of nationality, even if the information relates to the discussion? It is a tactic to discount information that doesn’t suit the narrative they want, it
Don’t disagree. But there is a choice on whether to engage with said person or just stick them on ignore?

As it happens the person being talked about expanded on why he thought they would have no case in court, I read it, but gave no further thought to it as the initial statement totally ruined the rest of his post.
(Of course he can’t back up his thinking that because of nationality, he must be biased. It’s clearly a nonsense notion)

So I do my own self moderation and stick them on ignore.

Manoah2u

hollus wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:44

without responding or adressing my points, obviously.
selective ignoring.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

El Scorchio

Tom145145 wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Yup. It’s prejudice plain and simple. The statement ‘All xxxx people are xxxx’ can be extremely troubling.

Tom145145

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:58
Tom145145 wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:

Don’t disagree. But there is a choice on whether to engage with said person or just stick them on ignore?

As it happens the person being talked about expanded on why he thought they would have no case in court, I read it, but gave no further thought to it as the initial statement totally ruined the rest of his post.
(Of course he can’t back up his thinking that because of nationality, he must be biased. It’s clearly a nonsense notion)

So I do my own self moderation and stick them on ignore.
That’s a good policy. I don’t like to ignore people and never have, I have to review this now. I just don’t think personal attributes should be allowed of any kind, it should just be a hard and fast rule. His nationality has no bearing on his competence and should be removed if raised.

Manoah2u

hollus wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 11:46
Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 02:02
I see the Red Bull and Mercedes team threads are full of respective fans discussing the race and strategy. It's all off topic. Surely some steath deleting is in order...?
Plenty of it going on. But this weekend, with tensions high, there is only one outcome: mods finish the race several laps down.
This whirlwind is the exception rather than the norm.

P.S. I might come up as defensive in this thread, but I agree with its basic premise. More could be helpful.
hollus wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 22:44

you prove you did not mean what you wrote before.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

So I have read through this thread in it's entirety and all I can say is holy sh*t, some of you people's self-aggrandizing entitlement...

This is not your site. You do not dictate how it is run. You are entitled to nothing. And quite interestingly, a lot of the people posting here are the exact same people who I see troll and stir up trouble in threads all over the place, and of whom I also hear getting handed bans and reprimand DM's from mods time and again from my conversations with the F1T site management team.

If you are a HAM fan, then according to you, all VER fans are the devil's worshipers and are all biased against HAM with an IQ in the single digits who is incapable on thinking rationally, logically, or seeing it from your "perfect perspective".

If you are a VER fan, then according to you, all HAM fans are the devil's worshipers and are all biased against VER with an IQ in the single digits who is incapable on thinking rationally, logically, or seeing it from your "perfect perspective".

The way I see it is that none of you are capable of having conversation between yourselves of which you are able to put aside your emotional differences and be objective. Yes; this season is full of controversy. People dislike HAM, and people dislike VER. Your opponent isn't wrong simply because, when it comes to subjective material, they think differently to you.

All I see in this thread are a bunch of immature children who are throwing their toys out the pram because they believe that their sh*t should stick instead of the other person's.
"And here you will stay, Gandalf the Grey, and rest from journeys. For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman the Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

#aerosaruman

"No Bubble, no BoP, no Avenging Crusader.... HERE COMES THE INCARNATION"!!"

dans79

Vyssion wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 23:41
All I see in this thread are a bunch of immature children who are throwing their toys out the pram because they believe that their sh*t should stick instead of the other person's.

So moderation staff, does this violate this forum rules, or do writers for the forum have special privileges excluding them from following the rules?
Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster.
197 104 103 7

Manoah2u

Vyssion wrote:
So I have read through this thread in it's entirety and all I can say is holy sh*t, some of you people's self-aggrandizing entitlement...

This is not your site. You do not dictate how it is run. You are entitled to nothing. And quite interestingly, a lot of the people posting here are the exact same people who I see troll and stir up trouble in threads all over the place, and of whom I also hear getting handed bans and reprimand DM's from mods time and again from my conversations with the F1T site management team.

If you are a HAM fan, then according to you, all VER fans are the devil's worshipers and are all biased against HAM with an IQ in the single digits who is incapable on thinking rationally, logically, or seeing it from your "perfect perspective".

If you are a VER fan, then according to you, all HAM fans are the devil's worshipers and are all biased against VER with an IQ in the single digits who is incapable on thinking rationally, logically, or seeing it from your "perfect perspective".

The way I see it is that none of you are capable of having conversation between yourselves of which you are able to put aside your emotional differences and be objective. Yes; this season is full of controversy. People dislike HAM, and people dislike VER. Your opponent isn't wrong simply because, when it comes to subjective material, they think differently to you.

You are entitled to nothing.
LOL, go ahead show your dictature and unwillingness to properly conduct or conversate, hold hands above inept moderators and ignore facts and that team's own unwillingness to properly moderate.
the immature children i see are the mods selectively and biasedly performing censorship.

as for supposedly the same people: yeah, when the mods have a bias towards exactly these posters, then they get unprovoked warnings and unfair treatment, whilst

'LEWIS SUX' does not get adressed.

do you take yourself serious with that comment if your mod team acts like that?

what are the mods entitled to? just because they're 'mods' they can rule like a dictator to their own judgement instead of following basic forum rules and conversation rules?

very rich.

Tom145145

Vyssion wrote:

Wow, I am just trying to understand how one can be allowed to discount peoples options purely on their nationality.

Manoah2u

also,

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29980

still very prevelant, isn't it?

turbof1

dans79 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 23:46
Vyssion wrote:

So moderation staff, does this violate this forum rules, or do writers for the forum have special privileges excluding them from following the rules?
Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster.
We'll reserve judgement on that on a case by case :wink: . Vyssion used a specific stylistic way of writing here. The point here is not to troll, but to get a certain message across. In this case you have to see the few words you took into isolation as part of the whole post. You only wished to react on the small parts there were harshly written, but with an underlying reason. There is more to his post then just that part you want to put underneath a lens.

But again, we reserve the right to judge that in each seperate case.
#AeroFrodo