2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2022 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 16:31
Tizz wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 16:13
It seems that Horner bought a visit to the Mercedes factory in a charity auction. This is officially the first attempt of the season to piss off Toto :lol:
It wasn't Horner. It was Chrisrian Horner, not Christian. Also this was announced:
"Please note that employees of other Formula One teams are not eligible to take this tour."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FK8jNJLXEAo ... me=360x360
Horner joked that he wants to take "about 20" people with him for the tour.
The 20 or so people from HRC, technically not employees of another Formula One team ;)

langedweil

I'd say .. dark blue with red and yellow accents, number 1 and the Honda logo as PU sponsor.
HuggaWugga !

wogx

BTW :roll:
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Just_a_fan

Livery launch. Happy sponsors. That's it so far.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

AeroDynamic

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team has unveiled the RB18

Discuss technical speculation and view image analysis here

timbo

I am really disappointed.
Why should they call it a car presentation? They could have a team reveal, a PR event, whatever.
They could have left certain parts of the car under wraps.
I think this clearly demonstrates which type of audience they aim for, and I don't think it is wise.

wogx

Even they look disappointed today! :lol:
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

shady

None of that car makes it to Bahrain - doesnt even have a DRS hinge.. I mean look at the nose/front wing; 3 elements when youre allowed 4 .. just think its a partner/livery reveal less the actual 18

Brake ducts are the same, FW is the same, Nose is the same, Airbox is the same weird geometry... what ever RBR showed aint it.

AeroDynamic

They might as well just call these 'Team livery and sponsor launch' events rather than car launches.

I know they have to attract as many viewers as possible to pay attention to sponsors and rake up viewing figures, but throwing around buzzwords like 'car launch' for just this livery on the F1 show car has really left an underwhelming feeling that they should avoid creating in their viewers.

In the case of Red Bull livery launch, its really underwhelming because they have basically used the same livery design for 6 years. Although I don't knock the livery, I rather like it as one of the better ones on the grid.

Ryar

Ryar wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 14:12
I doubt it would be anything close to real car they would race in Bahrain or even test in a few weeks. Most likely the glorified version of FIA concept car with a 2022 Red Bull livery. I think of same for most teams.
I was mostly right as it wasn't even a glorified version. :lol:
Hakuna Matata!

JordanMugen

siskue2005 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 01:00
Did they launch the car today? Or did i misread the dates and times?
They launched the colour scheme which will go on the car... :lol:

diffuser

So does the lack of Honda branding mean that they're buying "$$$" the PUs from Honda ?

Marti_EF3

No Honda branding anywhere. Just that small HRC logo where no one can see it. What a bullshit after all Honda did. Again the ego are driving them... So disapointed tbh, no reason to back that team anymore

PhillipM

You know one day one of those corporate sponsors that these 'launches' have turned into shows for, basically just to show them where their logos are - are going to realise the fans that roll their eyes and turn the stream off 30 seconds after the fake car is revealed are the ones they were buying that space to market to...

proteus

AeroDynamic wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:44
Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:37
No Honda branding anywhere. Just that small HRC logo where no one can see it. What a bullshit after all Honda did. Again the ego are driving them... So disapointed tbh, no reason to back that team anymore
yeah, but not surprising. they are the least evolved people in f1 these days.
Care to explain? Least evolved people?
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows