2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NicoS

Re: 2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

Neuron wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 09:42
Do you guys also have impression that SC cars rescued the race from "train"?
Yes. or maybe the new race "director" is just being fashionable with "safety"
Safety sells. safety in the 2020's is what the .com was to the 90's.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

The racing isn’t better, I don’t care what BS the media try to spin it as. Cars look lazy, watching a car bounce on the straight is a crap spectacle. Over kerbs they look stiff as hell with no compliance, the DRS back & forth from last couple of races is cartoonish. They look slow and I don’t think these cars hold a candle aesthetically to the racecars from generations before; totally underwhelmed. Rant over
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

chrisc90

If it was the main fuel pipe to the HPFP from the tank, RB are VERY lucky that did not end up a lot worse given fuel flying around in there!

oT v1
oT v1

214270 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 09:53
The racing isn’t better, I don’t care what BS the media try to spin it as. Cars look lazy, watching a car bounce on the straight is a crap spectacle. Over kerbs they look stiff as hell with no compliance, the DRS back & forth from last couple of races is cartoonish. They look slow and I don’t think these cars hold a candle aesthetically to the racecars from generations before; totally underwhelmed. Rant over
I’d disagree on the racing aspect, I think they’re definitely closer, Monaco will probably be worse with the width of the cars but let’s wait until Catalunya. The drivers might take a few more races to change what is ‘inherently’ possible with these cars when going for a move.

Totally agree on the other points, we lost the sound in 2014, now it appears the speed through the lens. They might have to change camera points or angles to improve it(?)
The Power of Dreams

NicoS

oT v1 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:16
214270 wrote:
I’d disagree on the racing aspect, I think they’re definitely closer, Monaco will probably be worse with the width of the cars but let’s wait until Catalunya. The drivers might take a few more races to change what is ‘inherently’ possible with these cars when going for a move.

Totally agree on the other points, we lost the sound in 2014, now it appears the speed through the lens. They might have to change camera points or angles to improve it(?)
yes! lets make artificially look fast!

oT v1
oT v1

NicoS wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:20
oT v1 wrote:
214270 wrote:

Woah! Didn’t say artificial, just a better representation, that’s all.
The Power of Dreams

NicoS

oT v1 wrote:
NicoS wrote:
oT v1 wrote:

Woah! Didn’t say artificial, just a better representation, that’s all.
Yes, American style (wow - wow,wow,wow - wow,wow - wow.) Live! from the kerbcam

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

214270 wrote:
I'd totally agree on the looks of cars being bulky, lazy and ugly.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

oT v1 wrote:
214270 wrote:

The camera angles have been crap for years, and there is too much emphasis on tracking the cars which removes all sense of speed on screen.
Id rather see a couple of lazy looking cars side by side or nose to tail, than silly fast ones following 1 by 1 at a distance.

NicoS

Michelangelo wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:24
214270 wrote:
I'd totally agree on the looks of cars being bulky, lazy and ugly.
These things are gigantic, like prototypes with less bodywork.

NicoS

Mchamilton wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:25
oT v1 wrote:
214270 wrote:

The camera angles have been crap for years, and there is too much emphasis on tracking the cars which removes all sense of speed on screen.
Id rather see a couple of lazy looking cars side by side or nose to tail, than silly fast ones following 1 by 1 at a distance.
they still following 1 by 1 at a distance, only slower.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

NicoS wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:27
Mchamilton wrote:
oT v1 wrote:

Ya cant deny theres more wheel to wheel action with these cars

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

214270 wrote:
Totally agree... But it's worse on slow section, it will be painful to watch in Monaco, or in Hungary...

NicoS

Mchamilton wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:31
NicoS wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:27
Mchamilton wrote:

Ya cant deny theres more wheel to wheel action with these cars
Where? Cars are overtaking with DRS assistance on straights. There is no outbreaking in corners. Things to bulky with trucklike handling. overtaking now dependant on the number of "zones" allocated. So organic!