2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
peewon

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Henk_v wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 13:44
As long as there is no championship in play, Alonso can move AMR up the ladder in CWC, which is good for the wallet. Alonso is not stupid. He will know full well what his role to play is when a DWC opportunity is in the cards.
The man has been burning insane amount of money for the sole purpose of promoting his son as a grand prix driver for the best part of the decade. I don't think the financials will matter at all.
Henk_v wrote:
As long as there is no championship in play...
You would think so but seeing how reluctant Lawrence was to give any praise to Alonso for Bahrain, I think Lance looking good in comparison would be important for him even before that. Some of the SKY commentators also picked up on this dynamic

NAPI10
NAPI10

peewon wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 16:14
Henk_v wrote:
As long as there is no championship in play, Alonso can move AMR up the ladder in CWC, which is good for the wallet. Alonso is not stupid. He will know full well what his role to play is when a DWC opportunity is in the cards.
The man has been burning insane amount of money for the sole purpose of promoting his son as a grand prix driver for the best part of the decade. I don't think the financials will matter at all.
Henk_v wrote:
You would think so but seeing how reluctant Lawrence was to give any praise to Alonso for Bahrain, I think Lance looking good in comparison would be important for him even before that. Some of the SKY commentators also picked up on this dynamic

Ok....You wait for that sabotage & then enjoy ur 'Told u so moment' on forum :x :x

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

avantman wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 09:26
The Prodigy wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 13:06

Well, why then even hire one of the best drivers of all time? Why not hire someone like Latifi?
Here is why:
“Vettel was only signed to make Lance Stroll look better. Mr Stroll wants to make his son a World Champion,” Kolles said, via Express.de.
David Coulthard echoes the sentiment behind Kolles’ opinion, adding: “I wonder if a brand is to be built up. Not Aston Martin, but Lance Stroll. If he beats Vettel, then that justifies why he should be a future World Champion.”

So, I've to admit, I liked Seb a lot, and I was mad at those guys for saying such things, I thought they were completely crazy to assume that. But now, I actually agree with everything they said. I saw quite clear patterns, especially last year in that team, when Vettel's races were compromised on strategy massively in order to put Lance ahead of him in the race.
and then we hear all these kind of things from the TP:
Mike Krack says that Lance Stroll was "closely matched" with Sebastian Vettel at Aston Martin.
He expects the Canadian to hold his own against Alonso.

"When Sebastian joined the team, people were saying Lance had no chance, but Lance has performed incredibly well against a four-time World Champion - they've been closely matched.

"People are saying the same thing now that Fernando [Alonso] is joining the team, but let's wait and see.

"Lance might just surprise a few people."

It becomes even more clear what task he was given .
The Prodigy wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 13:06
Like I said: As long as Alonso is faster on track there will be no problems. But Lance is not that bad and we will see situations where he will be in front of Alonso.
I hate to admit, but I'm afraid there will be problems, when Fernando realizes it's not exactly level playing field, as he might have thought when he signed. On the other hand, he is extremely smart, likely he knows and accepts the situation already and it will be all relatively fine without any major fireworks.
Alonso knows everything before he joining AM. He is very cleaver. If he get more podium like this, may be he can ditch AM(if issue happens with Stroll) and go to Ferrari? why not. He is just showing his talent to others as he can be in F1 for more years.

peewon

NAPI10 wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 16:36
peewon wrote:
Henk_v wrote:
Henk_v wrote:

Ok....You wait for that sabotage & then enjoy ur 'Told u so moment' on forum :x :x
If you sense the tone of my posts, its fairly apparent that I would not enjoy that scenario one bit. I simply like speculating on the human aspects of the sport as some people do with the technical side.

diffuser

Alo_Fan wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 13:04
FW17 wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 12:49
diffuser wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 11:28
i

Fallows Gardening leave started in Nov of 2021. Because of the amount of work needed for the change in regs, work would have started early in 2021.
Dan made announcement that he would leave Red Bull in June 2021
Wanted to join Aston for January 2022
Red Bull said no and moved him to the road car division
As per Red Bull he had contract till end of year before he can serve a gardening leave, so can join Aston only in July 2022
Dan quits August 21
Both go to court but settle (guess Lawrence was to forced to fork out)
They agree that he can join Aston in April 2022
Thanks for the full summary. Now it all makes sense, I just remember him joining Aston last summer but didn't realise he had a long gardening leave.
Yep, thx.

TEHNOS

Work on RB18 has been done in 2019 already.

mendis
mendis

Venturiation wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 13:43
mendis wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 10:05
Venturiation wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:01
dan fallows made the RB18 and project of RB19 so he knows every detail

redbull are angry because he knows the tricks that makes them fast

never there was a car that jumped from 7th on the gris to 2nd in just 6 months

redbull lost him and aston martin have a real advantage now
but how long will it take for other teams to learn what fallows is doing?
Dan Fallows was out of F1 program at RB before RB18 work started. That's why he chose to move out of RB.
the car was made by him
that car was almost finished in 2021
Dan Fallows signed the Aston Martin contract in late 2020 (yes, 2020)!!! Why the hell anyone wants to have a departing employee work on the current (2021) or future car (2022)? That too the head of Aerodynamics. That's just common sense. :lol:

NAPI10
NAPI10

peewon wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 16:51
NAPI10 wrote:
peewon wrote:

If you sense the tone of my posts, its fairly apparent that I would not enjoy that scenario one bit. I simply like speculating on the human aspects of the sport as some people do with the technical side.
Teams have a preferred driver for whatever reason from ages…there is nothing new. Fans have accused team of sabotaging against ‘Other’ driver from ages….there is nothing new. Preference doesn’t necessary means destroying ‘Other’ driver but U see, what u believe.
Next time when Alonso have DNF for whatever reason….this thread will be full of conspiracy theories.

KimiRai
KimiRai

NAPI10 wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 18:10
peewon wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 16:51
NAPI10 wrote:

Teams have a preferred driver for whatever reason from ages…there is nothing new. Fans have accused team of sabotaging against ‘Other’ driver from ages….there is nothing new. Preference doesn’t necessary means destroying ‘Other’ driver but U see, what u believe.
Next time when Alonso have DNF for whatever reason….this thread will be full of conspiracy theories.
It seems amazing how when finally Alonso made a right career move some people are still trying to make it seem it was a wrong one... He would be languishing in the midfield right now. Go Fernando

makecry
makecry

peewon wrote:
Henk_v wrote:
Henk_v wrote:

It's something I thought of as well in that Lawrence interview. I found it very odd that he did not praise Fernando like most others would. It's even more odd when you think that Lawrence mentioned that he has known Fernando and Fernando has known him and Lance for 12 years. But then Lawrence wanted Fernando to drive for him in 2020 and was the first preference to replace Seb 2 years later so that's that.

Wouter

"Have a good race my son."

"Thank you Mr Stroll but it is me, Alonso"

"I know. " :D
The Power of Dreams!

avantman
avantman

I like this one more, a bit more revealing. :D

KimiRai
KimiRai

Some concerns were raised here previously about the performance of the AMR23 in Jeddah due to the different requirements of the track. Well, I'm not allowed to say more, but let's just say that maybe things aren't as they seem, in a good way. To be confirmed next week.
Last edited by KimiRai on 09 Mar 2023, 17:29, edited 3 times in total.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

avantman
avantman

What are the chances for Aston Martin to join forces with HONDA for 2026? Is it possible while Fernando still there or absolutely not? Would HONDA be interested whatsoever?