2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Crofty, relaying a conversation with Max.
Crofty: I had a little chat with Max in Austin. I asked him "What's your schedule like for the next few weeks?".. And he was telling me he was going here, going there... So I said, "You've got a bit of a rest though, between Brazil and Las Vegas, [right]?"

And he said, "No, I'm going back to Milton Keynes, I'm going to be on the sim for a couple of days."

I said, "Why? You're world champion."

He said, "I would kick myself if I didn't do it, if I didn't put the effort in and I came to Vegas and I didn't win."

And that's the dedication that makes you a champion.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😅🤣😂🤣😅🤣😂🤣😂

Wouter

Tost names the fastest drivers he has worked with in F1 as he prepares for retirement
About Max at 36:20 min.
Franz Tost: AlphaTauri Boss Who Launched Verstappen + Vettel | F1 Beyond The Grid Podcast

He’s the second longest-serving Team Principal in the 2023 Formula 1 paddock, but after 18 years in charge of AlphaTauri and Toro Rosso, Franz Tost is hanging up his pitwall headphones.

Ahead of his final race in Abu Dhabi, Tost sits down with Tom Clarkson to talk about the highs and lows of leading the team from its inception.

Hear about Franz’s sometimes challenging relationship with senior team Red Bull Racing, his team's sensational Grand Prix wins at Monza in 2008 and 2020, and how he helped launch the careers of multiple World Champions, Sebastian Vettel and Max Verstappen.

Plus, the Austrian tells Tom which of the 17 drivers he’s worked with have impressed him the most and his five stages of development for rookies.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Interview with Horner:
"We have had several conversations over the years about Lewis joining."

"They have reached out a few times. Most recently, earlier in the year, there was an inquiry about whether there would be any interest."

"But I can't see Max and Lewis working out together. The dynamic wouldn't be right. We are 100 per cent happy with what we have."

chrisc90

It would never work. Only way it would ever work is if Lewis accepted that it’s a team that has been built up around a certain few key people… Horner, Newey, max. He could never just walk into red bull and say that he thought this was better, or he thinks they should be doing this instead of that.

It’s interesting though, isn’t Lewis part of the Merc family, but recent new articles say he’s been knocking on the door of Ferrari and Red bull? Almost like he needs to get his face back on podiums and stand a chance of winning races.

Christian is one of the best, if not THE best team principles on the grid. He knows how to manage a team and how to make things work from top to bottom.

mendis
mendis

It would have been interesting to see Lewis in Red Bull alongside Max. Certainly an entertaining prospect for F1. It would have been mouth watering contest of talent and egos. Someone at Red Bull should have gone nuts and made this happen for F1's sake.

On a lighter note, where would that have left people that hated Red Bull while supporting Lewis and Mercedes.

basti313
basti313

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 01:41
It’s interesting though, isn’t Lewis part of the Merc family, but recent new articles say he’s been knocking on the door of Ferrari and Red bull? Almost like he needs to get his face back on podiums and stand a chance of winning races.
The same way he was part of the McLaren family? Come on...
Lewis was blessed with being part of McLaren with unlimited testing and the best car. Then he saw the huge investment of Merc and knew that this is 100millions more...so he went for this...
Now the differentiator is not the money, but the people. So he needs to get to Newey.
chrisc90 wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 01:41
Christian is one of the best, if not THE best team principles on the grid. He knows how to manage a team and how to make things work from top to bottom.
Yes. You can argue about his methods...but he has won every WDC that he could win. Even those he could not have won. And I think he learned his lesson in 2010 when by pure luck a McLaren 2007 was avoided.
mendis wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 04:33
It would have been interesting to see Lewis in Red Bull alongside Max. Certainly an entertaining prospect for F1. It would have been mouth watering contest of talent and egos. Someone at Red Bull should have gone nuts and made this happen for F1's sake.
As someone who does not give too much on drivers, I would love it. That would be just great.
This forums would explode and the Netherlands and UK would need to work strong on their diplomatic relations =D> :mrgreen:

mendis wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 04:33
On a lighter note, where would that have left people that hated Red Bull while supporting Lewis and Mercedes.
Hmmm...that is a good question....
How many Merc supporters support Merc only because of Lewis? How many Lewis supporters hate RedBull only because of Lewis? And Webber not being Nr.1, of course. That would leave people here even more emotionally stranded than Russel being faster...poor guys.
So this forums would explode on the day Lewis signs at RedBull I fear. Ahhrrgg...I would love it, sad it does not happen.

My son (6) is actually the opposite....as his grandfather drives a Mercedes he is a Hamilton fan... #-o
So I guess he would be fine with Russel as well after some time.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Wouter

Adrian Newey: Inside the mind of record-breaking Red Bull's design genius

Adrian Newey laughs. The greatest designer in Formula 1 history - the man behind Red Bull's record-breaking championship season
this year - is being questioned on the degree of his genius.
A nice long interview with Adrian Newey. By Andrew Benson.
The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

Henri wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 04:56
We know horner wants to protect max from a strong teamate. Lol
Not at all, Red Bull Racing should be happy to contract Charles Leclerc for 2025 onwards. It seems that Charles seems more keen to extend at Scuderia Ferrari for some reason, though.

avantman
avantman

Hamilton denied that he or anyone connected to him talked to Red bull about potential partnership.
Not only that, according to Lewis [Canal+ F1] “That’s completely untrue. However, Christian reached out to me earlier in the year”
calling on Lewis old phone numberr, which he wasn't using since a long time, but somehow still saw missed called from Christian a much later...

Who's a liar I wonder? 😂

organic

Max on the Lewis stuff

Says that there's no point going on about "ifs" but also says he wouldn't have minded. Says that goes for any good driver

I guess if it emerges that max ever vetoes a teammate choice then we can think otherwise but until then I'll assume that he doesn't veto better options than Gasly/Perez etc and that it's more of a RB decision

ValeVida46

avantman wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 14:14
Hamilton denied that he or anyone connected to him talked to Red bull about potential partnership.
Not only that, according to Lewis [Canal+ F1] “That’s completely untrue. However, Christian reached out to me earlier in the year”
calling on Lewis old phone numberr, which he wasn't using since a long time, but somehow still saw missed called from Christian a much later...

Who's a liar I wonder? 😂
Yea that was a text message.... :oops:

picked up my old phone which I found at home. It has my old number. I switched it on, and hundreds of messages came through, and one was from Christian to get together and have a catch-up at the end of the season.”

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

My favorite wing:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP