Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
vall

Re: Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

it is the same. It WAS A TEAM ORDER, which resulted in LH wining the WDC!!! If Heiki fought for a few laps, then perhaps Hamilton would have not overtaken Piquet and at the end he would have been behind Massa (LH won by 1 point). So, where is the difference? Alonso's comments "This is ridiculous!" makes me think that perhaps there was a team strategy agreed before the race and that Massa was not following it (more or less the same thing Hamilton did in Hungary 2007!).

Richard

vall wrote:............
Check the topic - Brazil in 2010???

vall

richard_leeds wrote:
vall wrote:............
Check the topic - Brazil in 2010???

I know, I know, but somebody mentioned it and there was small deviation from the main topic :D

raymondu999

ell66 wrote:
vall wrote:
Ray wrote:Haven't seen one person bitch about Heikki moving over for Lewis in Germany when they were teammates, but everybody wants to bitch about Ferrari. Strange. Here we have Red Bull throwing away a WDC for one of their drivers and Webbo not doing enough to win it and Alonso WILL win it if the engine doesn't grenade. I'll bet 50 bucks.
it has been mentioned many times (I did it several) but certain members of this forum silently and conveniently ignore it. But it is a fact Heiki let Hamilton pass. Somebody answered, yes, he did that, but Hamilton was much faster! But as we know from what Ferrari communicated to Massa and what was evident on the track, Alonso was also much faster than Massa :D So, what's the difference?
you cant be serious? alonso was a couple of tenths a lap faster at most, lewis was on a different strategy and was 2 seconds faster at that point and with a chance of victory (which heiki didnt have), i wonder about some of you on here.
I think the distinction here is that "he would have made it through anyway" is different to 'he was let through by the team"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

liveforf1

I for one after this GP am now comfortable with Fernando Alonso winning this championship. He has consistently managed to deliver what he needed to deliver from less than the best equipment. He showed masterful control and judgement at this race. When he had to be quick, he was quick. When he had to be conservative, he was. He passed competitors on the track and I suspect if he really had to turn up the wick to challenge the Red Bulls he could have, as evident by him setting his fastest times after the safety car when his tires were on for quite a long time.

A few years ago when he had all the controversy at McLaren it was said that he didn't feel McLaren showed enough appreciation for him bringing 6 tenths of a second to the car. I personally find him hard to like, but he does seem to be able to quickly get to grips with his equipment and he does know what he needs from a car to compete, sort of the way Schumacher did.

Goran2812

Mr. E on Sao Paulo safety...

“I think they look for victims who are not too bright; all the people who have been robbed seem to be people outside the top ten of the grid - maybe that’s what they target, I don’t know.”

he really is a moron... wow!
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

komninosm

Goran2812 wrote:Mr. E on Sao Paulo safety...

“I think they look for victims who are not too bright; all the people who have been robbed seem to be people outside the top ten of the grid - maybe that’s what they target, I don’t know.”

:lol:
Seriously, I can't stop laughing!
Maybe E said that tongue in cheek, though.

Goran2812

komninosm wrote:

:lol:
Seriously, I can't stop laughing!
Maybe E said that tongue in cheek, though.
haha :D
nah... he was probably dead serious when he said that :P

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

No he isn't. All cities worldwide have areas that are prime for being muggeed. The track is in a deprived part of town where people are desperate.

Besides, MrE has a long history of screwing with the media in interviews and long may it continue! :lol:

Goran2812

andrew wrote:

No he isn't. All cities worldwide have areas that are prime for being muggeed. The track is in a deprived part of town where people are desperate.

Besides, MrE has a long history of screwing with the media in interviews and long may it continue! :lol:
so it's ok for him to say that some of the "victims" are not to bright? :D
hahaha :D cool :D

andrew

You're taking his wors far too literaly. I think he means naive by saying not too bright but it is often the case that people go to certain areas out for sheer stupidity. For example, I could go to the harbour area tonight in Aberdeen and chances are I'll get mugged, attacked and a nasty infection. I'd have to be not too bright to do that wouldn't I?

gridwalker

Bernie is old enough and smart enough to know that quips get misconstrued by the media : even if what he INTENDED to say was innocent, what he MEANT to say comes across loud and clear ... after all, how easy is it to claim the benefit of the doubt when quoted "out of context"???

That whiley old bugger knew exactly what he was saying.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

andrew

Correct, he knew what he was saying. MrE has a long history of messing with the media and being a sarcastic little wotsit. And here we have a prime example.

Ray

I thought it was funny as hell when he said on the SpeedTV broadcast that Jenson wasn't jumped it was more likely that someone was trying to sell him a hat! :lol: