2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Hail22

Re: 2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

ParanoiD wrote:gonna be attending this one :)

bought premier walkabout ticket and got an upgrade to fanstand at pitstraight.

But thinking about selling it if anyone interested.
Will be attending as well as our company will be doing business with our partners as usual :)
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

ParanoiD

Hail22 wrote:

Will be attending as well as our company will be doing business with our partners as usual :)
:o
hoping you could get me an invitation :)
Ay Carumba!

Hail22

ParanoiD wrote:
Hail22 wrote:

Lol, As much as I would like to it won't be possible due to the nature of the business being conducted/discussed. :(
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

ParanoiD

Hail22 wrote:
ParanoiD wrote:
Hail22 wrote:
Lol, As much as I would like to it won't be possible due to the nature of the business being conducted/discussed. :(
Ay Carumba!

raymondu999

I haven't bought tix myself, but a friend of mine has gotten pit invitations from Lotus in all 3 years (first the green one, then the black one last year and this year) went with him in 2010, but seeing if he can bring me along again this year
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ParanoiD

raymondu999 wrote:I haven't bought tix myself, but a friend of mine has gotten pit invitations from Lotus in all 3 years (first the green one, then the black one last year and this year) went with him in 2010, but seeing if he can bring me along again this year

OMG
Ay Carumba!

astracrazy

I think Mclaren will be strong here. What about Lotus and there device, is it worth a lot round here? Could be in for a shout if they get it working...

lukeaar

astracrazy wrote:I think Mclaren will be strong here. What about Lotus and there device, is it worth a lot round here? Could be in for a shout if they get it working...
As far as I've been able to gather, it's benefit comes mostly in the form of extra speed on the straights. Not many of them at Marina Bay...
Last edited by lukeaar on 10 Sep 2012, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

lukeaar wrote:
astracrazy wrote:I think Mclaren will be strong here. What about Lotus and there device, is it worth a lot round here? Could be in for a shout if they get it working...
As far as I've been able to gather, it's benefit comes mostly in the form of extra speed on the straits. Not many of them at Marina Bay...
Yes - the real benefits will come at tracks which favour downforce efficiency. A track like Suzuka or Korea - where you need downforce, but also have straights (Spa would've been good too)

My predictions:

Qualifying:
1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Button
4. Schumacher
5. Alonso
6. Webber
7. Grosjean
8. Rosberg
9. Raikkonen
10. Massa

Race:
1. Vettel
2. Raikkonen
3. Hamilton
4. Button
5. Grosjean
6. Alonso (yes, I'm fully aware that his Lonso-ness has never been off the podium except for last year, where he was still 4th)
7. Webber
8. Massa
9. Senna
10. Vergne
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

turbof1

I got a feeling McLaren will be stronger then Red bull. Hungary also was a typical Red Bull circuit last year, but that changed too. It also seems that the last couple of upgrade put McLaren with head and shoulders above everybody else
#AeroFrodo

beelsebob

turbof1 wrote:I got a feeling McLaren will be stronger then Red bull. Hungary also was a typical Red Bull circuit last year, but that changed too. It also seems that the last couple of upgrade put McLaren with head and shoulders above everybody else
Judging by Monaco, McLaren don't stand a chance of having a good package around here.

Websta

Webber has not been strong in the final sector here - he was challenging for pole last year up until S3 and he lost a lot of time there in 2010 if memory serves me.

Could Mercedes be strong here? They have good traction and the lower track temperatures should suit them ? Or does Singapore still have hot track temp despite being at night?

Hail22

I Like the Alonso bashing...not

Qualifying:

1. Alonso
2. Massa
3. Webber

Race:

1. Alonso
2. Massa
3. Raikkonen

Gilles Villeneuve

turbof1

beelsebob wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I got a feeling McLaren will be stronger then Red bull. Hungary also was a typical Red Bull circuit last year, but that changed too. It also seems that the last couple of upgrade put McLaren with head and shoulders above everybody else
Judging by Monaco, McLaren don't stand a chance of having a good package around here.
Well, they (Hamilton) were about 2-3 tenths off the qualy pace at Monaco, and Singapore isn't completely like Monaco either; there is alot more space to take corners wider and thus carry more speed through it, so the balance shifts a little bit back to McLaren.
Last edited by turbof1 on 10 Sep 2012, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
#AeroFrodo

Mika1

McLaren will bring new updates to Singapore, Sam Michael said that earlier this season.
The boss follows me on twitter.