2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

So if you had to put money on 1 person to win, who would you guys go for ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

beelsebob

NathanOlder wrote:So if you had to put money on 1 person to win, who would you guys go for ?
That's very very very tight as far as I'm concerned... Assuming both drivers finish every race from now on, I'd say Hamilton, by a nose... But it's really close between him and alonso.

Alonso clearly has a substantial points advantage, Hamilton clearly has a reasonable car advantage. If Hamilton finishes 1-2 places ahead of alonso in each race, he'll be ahead at the end of the year, if alonso manages to steal a race or two, it's all over.

At this point, I can't see RBR coming back, and most of the tracks to come seemingly dramatically favour the McLaren.
Last edited by beelsebob on 10 Sep 2012, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

NathanOlder

beelsebob wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:So if you had to put money on 1 person to win, who would you guys go for ?
That's very very very tight as far as I'm concerned... Assuming both drivers finish every race from now on, I'd say Hamilton, by a nose... But it's really close between him and alonso.

Alonso clearly has a substantial points advantage, Hamilton clearly has a reasonable car advantage. If Hamilton finishes 1-2 places ahead of alonso in each race, he'll be ahead at the end of the year, if alonso manages to steal a race or two, it's all over.

At this point, I can't see RBR coming back, and most of the tracks to come seemingly dramatically favour the McLaren.

Yeah i agree, Alonso is just due a little bad luck, just think if Lewis wins and Alonso breaks down with a gearbox problem. Lead down to 12 points and a potential gearbox penalty for Suzuka (may be Korea?) then pressure will be big time on Ferrari to deliver a better car
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

beelsebob

NathanOlder wrote:
beelsebob wrote:

Yeah i agree, Alonso is just due a little bad luck, just think if Lewis wins and Alonso breaks down with a gearbox problem. Lead down to 12 points and a potential gearbox penalty for Suzuka (may be Korea?) then pressure will be big time on Ferrari to deliver a better car
Well, in such a situation Alonso wouldn't take a penalty, as you get a free gearbox change if you retire for mechanical reasons. But yeh, one non-finish for Alonso would pretty much finalise it for Hamilton. Then again, one non finish for Hamilton would pretty much finalise it for Alonso.

NathanOlder

Stop being negative. Lewis will win. Its easy to see :mrgreen: (thats what i keep telling myself)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Mika1

Hamilton needs to be consistent. That's the key for him. As Whitmarsh said, the car is good and the driver is good.
The boss follows me on twitter.

beelsebob

Mika1 wrote:Hamilton needs to be consistent. That's the key for him. As Whitmarsh said, the car is good and the driver is good.
Yep, agreed, if Hamilton is consistent, and drives to what the car can do, I think the car can do more than what the Ferrari can, and should win him the championship.

zyphro

Mika1 wrote:Hamilton needs to be consistent. That's the key for him. As Whitmarsh said, the car is good and the driver is good.
And in order to be consistent, he needs to keep his head screwed on.

Redragon

Curiously another incident in Silverstone 2010 between Alonso and Kubica.
But if you read the last part of the article, Alonso said that despite being 47 points behind, the car felt good at Silverstone and believed that he could win the title

Link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... elief.html

Chuckjr

zyphro wrote:
Which he has repeatedly shown he cannot do. Repeatedly. I think KR has a better chance as at least he can keep his emotions in check. Nothing, nothing from past experience shows hammy can do that. He never has and he won't this year especially with all the crap going down with his contract--or lack thereof. Yea he is fast but there's so much psychology involved now to win it all. It's a shame his ego is so big or he would be colobering people.
Watching F1 since 1986.

ElleMarie

Chuckjr wrote:
zyphro wrote:
Which he has repeatedly shown he cannot do. Repeatedly. I think KR has a better chance as at least he can keep his emotions in check. Nothing, nothing from past experience shows hammy can do that. He never has and he won't this year especially with all the crap going down with his contract--or lack thereof. Yea he is fast but there's so much psychology involved now to win it all. It's a shame his ego is so big or he would be colobering people.
its been a while since i don't read "my thoughts" with someone else's words :D

Experience will be the key for Ham (and ill prefer a more humble Lewis). He will get there eventually.

foxmulder_ms

Hard one to predict. I will still give the edge to Mclaren, though.

Mclaren > Redbull > Lotus = Ferrari is what I am expecting.

lukeaar

I don't think I'd put Ferrari = Lotus at Marina Bay. I'd probably put Ferrari = Mercedes a little further down. Obviously this is making a lot of assumptions about upgrade packages that I have no evidence for.

Dark horses?
Who are we yet to discuss? HRT, Marussia, Caterham, STR, FI, Williams, Sauber.

HRT, Marussia, Caterham no point in even considering.

STR probably not worth considering either. Might be able to get 1 car into the points.

I feel like the Sauber won't be any good here. It seems to like fast tracks too much.

I don't think Senna will be able to push the Williams anywhere too exciting. Maybe lower points. Maldanado could go well if he doesn't crash out. He's definitely a dark horse.

FI? Not sure. I guess that makes them dark horses in my books.

NathanOlder

Williams is my dark Horse

Hopefully Bruno, but likely to be Pastor
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

turbof1

He didn't made many mistakes thus year. Infact the only one I can remember was the wrong set up at Spa. For the rest he either drove as good as he could or bad luck hit him. So yeah, I don't see consistency being a problem.
#AeroFrodo