2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
LHamilton

Re: 2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

Where is Grosjean when you need him? :lol: Nah, joking aside, it seems that the championship is between Alonso and Vettel. Vettel can make by his own, but i think Lewis needs Alonso to have some misfortune to take that championship. To have atleast one, more or less, scoreless weekend. However, it doesnt look likely as Alonso is quite robust and so is his car.

i70q7m7ghw

NathanOlder wrote:still 6 races to go, and who can see anyone other than Mclaren being front runners at all 6 of the next tracks ?
That's the problem, because of DNFs the McLaren drivers aren't really in the title hunt now, so they'll only be taking points away from Red Bull. The whole time Alonso can just keep finishing 3rd & 4th to win the championship.

Red Bull & McLaren have been taking points from each other all year, Alonso & Kimi have just been pumping in the consistant results and look where it's put them in the championship.

stefan_

I don't know what is with me, but I felt really bad for Lewis' DNF although I'm not by far any Hamilton fan/supporter/whatever on his side and I was not happy with his good pace through quali and race. Maybe I'm getting old :D

This was probably the second most boring race of the year, just after Monaco. Not much really happened apart from Massa's rally-style overtaking (props up for him, I don't know where he came from because he was on 24 at one point, he looked on fire today) and MSC's 2011-ish crash. Now on MSC - as much as I admire him because I practically grew up with his domination and he is the one that made me follow F1, but I think it would be a wise decision to stop after this year, step aside and let the seat free for someone else.

Sneaky-sneaky Vettel, brake test on Button. It was kinda funny, but he deserved a smack on the face for that.
Maldonado demonstrated once again that he is simply driving like a troglodyte until the car brakes. This guy is a joke, Barrichello would have done a much better job with this years' car.

Props up for Kimi and Romain again. Nice to see Romain keep his cool at the start, and Kimi collecting good points again. He really needs to win and he needs it as soon as possible. I hope that they will implement the much waited "device" and improve quali.

Oh, and very good job di Resta. Must be a monster party over at Force India - probably Eddie Jordan dancing on the tables with Mallya and Paul.
Last edited by stefan_ on 23 Sep 2012, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

LionKing

Hamilton is still in it since McLaren has the fastest car.

If he wins the next 6 race, he will very likely be the champion with 292 points.

NathanOlder

I hate it when people keep saying Red Bull and Mclaren have been taking points from each other. If Mclaren have been taking points from Red Bull..... guess what, that means Mclaren have been taking points off Ferrari.

If RedBull have been taking points from Mclaren..... guess what, that means RedBull have been taking points off Ferrari.

Red Bull have won 4 races, Mclaren 5, Ferrari 3. So Ferrari have been losing points to the others.

It is 100% reliability/Pit work this year that has been better for Ferrari. Mclaren have dipped out with bad pit work earlier in the year and now reliabily in last 2 races. Red Bull have struggled with reliability this year. \throw in Lewis at Valencia and Vettel in Malaysia both losng points through another driver driving into them, its clear to see its not down to |Red Bull & Mclaren taking points from each other.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Lewis said he was cruising before he retired. Expect 5 Mclaren wins in the final 6 races.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

SpliT

Schumacher handed a 10 place grid drop for shunt with Vergne.

stefan_

What did Brawn said on the radio after Schuey's crash?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

the user

stefan_ wrote:Now on MSC - as much as I admire him because I practically grew up with his domination and he is the one that made me follow F1, but I think it would be a wise decision to stop after this year, step aside and let the seat free for someone else.
I disagree :] This year he is really competitive - he has outqualified Rosberg on 8 occasions out of 14 this year and if not for unreliability and shoddy pit work he would be way higher up in the standings. Also, it's not yet completely clear if he really caused the accident today, because he has told that he braked earlier than usual and the car didn't decelerate at all. Anyway, we'll see :] Whatever the case, it took a long time but he's really getting back on form and he isn't driving like it is his last season (as in cruising just for driving's sake).

raymondu999

NathanOlder wrote:Lewis said he was cruising before he retired. Expect 5 Mclaren wins in the final 6 races.
Based on 2012 so far, it's never that simple
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

myurr

NathanOlder wrote:Lewis said he was cruising before he retired. Expect 5 Mclaren wins in the final 6 races.
I wish it were so, but you can guarantee that there'll be further operational cock-ups or mechanical failures. At least Lewis should enjoy driving the car in these final races

turbof1

myurr wrote:
I wish it were so, but you can guarantee that there'll be further operational cock-ups or mechanical failures. At least Lewis should enjoy driving the car in these final races
He isn't. He is not happy at all at the team, and added that he has to perform every single race from now on to get the WDC, will put pressure on him. No offense; on track he is absolutely faultless this year, and I don't think we'll see a blunder from him anytime soon, but enjoying the races?? I think that will not be possible.
#AeroFrodo

nacho

Was Hamilton's car damaged in qualifying, radio message seemed to imply it, something like "we did everything we could yeaterday"?

CHT
CHT

NathanOlder wrote:I hate it when people keep saying Red Bull and Mclaren have been taking points from each other. If Mclaren have been taking points from Red Bull..... guess what, that means Mclaren have been taking points off Ferrari.

If RedBull have been taking points from Mclaren..... guess what, that means RedBull have been taking points off Ferrari.

Red Bull have won 4 races, Mclaren 5, Ferrari 3. So Ferrari have been losing points to the others.

It is 100% reliability/Pit work this year that has been better for Ferrari. Mclaren have dipped out with bad pit work earlier in the year and now reliabily in last 2 races. Red Bull have struggled with reliability this year. \throw in Lewis at Valencia and Vettel in Malaysia both losng points through another driver driving into them, its clear to see its not down to |Red Bull & Mclaren taking points from each other.
what it meant is the the winner and 2nd place has got the biggest point difference, so if any of the driver from Redbull or Mclaren doesnt win regularly, while Alonso continue to finishes in 3 ot 4th, then alonso will have a good chance of winning the championship.

Shrieker

It's too optimistic to think that Lewis can win all the remaining races. Even if he does, it's still overly optimistic thinking that it'll be enough to catch Alonso. You never know though, that's the beauty of the thing. Let's wait and see. But I'm not holding my breath.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk