Sauber C33 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
henra

Re: Sauber C33 Pre-launch Speculation

BorisTheBlade wrote:The first finger nose that looks exactly as predicted before.
And at first glance it actually looks quite good.
In my eyes among the least ugly designs out of the cars presented so far. (To avoid the word: most beautiful :mrgreen: )
Last edited by henra on 26 Jan 2014, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

Huntresa

BorisTheBlade wrote:Their spec sheet says that the MGU-H's max. rpm is 12.000. Surely a typo?!
Why would it be a typo ? Its connected to the turbo.

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

AnthonyG

Same intake as the Ferrari.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

stfn_ger

Huntresa wrote:
BorisTheBlade wrote:Their spec sheet says that the MGU-H's max. rpm is 12.000. Surely a typo?!
Because the MGU-H's max. RPM is 125 000/min.

BorisTheBlade

stfn_ger wrote:
Huntresa wrote:
Because the MGU-H's max. RPM is 125 000/min.
Exactly.

acosmichippo

that's probably the most traditional-looking nose yet. I bet people will love it.

Bikeman

acosmichippo wrote:.. I bet people will love it.
.. yep.. love it :wink: =D>

hotochan

from the images the sideboxes look quite bulky or i am just still used to see those tiny ones from last season

smr
smr

Have to say (even though I'm a Mclaren fan) that looks nice. Need a front on pic though.

Draco

AnthonyG wrote:Same intake as the Ferrari.
I guess Marussia will have similar solution, if the engine counts in race as much as it influenced design we will have a good season.
Daje Rossa!

Ferraripilot

The front wing mounting pylons are positioned pretty far back on the nose and they drape in quite nicely. From an aesthetics position, I believe it's the best looking nose solution so far.

Del Boy

Have I missed something? Brake by wire - how does that work within the no ABS rule, if it's controlled by computer weather to use the MGUK or the brakes. How will this be policed?

"The braking system concept is totally new, taking the form of a brake-by-wire system for the first time at the rear wheels. This has become necessary due to the significantly increased performance of the ERS, which requires much greater variations in rear wheel braking torque than previously. With brake-by-wire, an electronic system measures how hard the driver presses the brake pedal and then – using the additional information from energy recuperation – determines in a split-second the amount of braking pressure that should be fed through to the rear brake callipers."
Last edited by Del Boy on 26 Jan 2014, 15:52, edited 2 times in total.

Predator

Larger and brighter:

daveyrace

The rear wing support looks very similar to the ferrari's as well, just a tad squarer. Maybe Ferrari packed a few extras in their power unit delivery to the team by accident.

The nose looks ok, quite bland that could be their colour choice though. I am sure it will do the job just fine. I think if this had been launched before the Mclaren/Lotus/Williams/Ferrari and Force India noses it would seem more radical.