Haas VF16 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
sgth0mas

Re: Haas VF16 Ferrari

FW17 wrote:So what.

Ferrari let Haas use a 3d scanner on their car, perfectly legal.
Can we stop the crying about similarities already? We all know they have a close partnership...we dont need to hear constant crying about it. Some of us are in a technical thread, in a technical forum for technical information. We dont want to fitler through constant whining.

Lastly, do you even have proof of this 3D scan? Or are you throwing around nonsense because your feelings are hurt?

FW17

My feelings are not hurt.

have no problem in what Haas is doing

I still consider them a constructor as even though they copied the Ferrari to the small details they still built it.

Today there are many ways of making copies, one of them would be a 3d scanner or visual inspection or hi resolution camera

Mclaren did it a couple of years ago, noone had any problems then

sgth0mas

FW17 wrote:My feelings are not hurt.

I still consider them a constructor as even though they copied the Ferrari to the small details they still built it.

Today there are many ways of making copies, one of them would be a 3d scanner or visual inspection or hi resolution camera

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/wp-c ... pmp426.jpg
So you dont know if they used a scanner, you just made that up? Why?

And exactly...no one cares. Why are you coming in a technical thread crying about something no one cares about and throwing out baseless accusations?

Mr.G

They probably get it as native CAD data as part of the partner ship deal... (I'm fine with that)
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

GoranF1

"They were expressing a lot of confidence in the tests," he said, "but now the team owner has admitted to having somewhat underestimated the project, especially on the technical side.

"I think they can be fairly fast, but they will be nearer the back of the grid. And that makes sense for a new team," said Verstappen.

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/article/ ... appen.html
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

PlatinumZealot

FW17 wrote:My feelings are not hurt.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/wp-c ... pmp426.jpg
It is not just that they copied the parts and made them. They bought them from Ferrari! I still consider them a constructor as well.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Blackout

Rear bulkhead of the Haas monocoque
That recess is huge and very deep! too big for just an oil tank...
Americas return to the grid documentary:
http://www.grandprixradio.nl/home/formu ... o-the-grid
Last edited by Blackout on 18 Mar 2016, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.

giantfan10

Who is watching Haas F1:Americas return to the grid? Very very interesting look at what it takes behind the scenes : )

flickerf1

giantfan10 wrote:Who is watching Haas F1:Americas return to the grid? Very very interesting look at what it takes behind the scenes : )
I'm watching it right now. Unfortunately, I only started watching 10 minutes ago :( . Though it's looking interesting so far!
The Wicked + The Divine.

FW17

What is this?

mattia.bobbo

Air-air intercooler

Blackout

Air-air intercooler

FW17

If it is air-air intercooler then where is the exit?

scarbs

It's one of the intercoolers, as everyone pointed out its an air to air type. The compressor feeds into the right side tank the air then exits the left side tank and is duct to the front of the engine

FW17

Even I thought that to be the arrangement for the charge air

But the cooling air ducted from the roll hoop would be entering the top of the intercooler heat exchanger and leaving through the bottom but that does not seem to be the case with the image as the bottom is completely sealed