2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
gandharva

Re: 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

BanMeToo wrote:I'm interested in Ferrari v Red Bull
Merc vs. RBR.

godlameroso

How about dry start with rain randomly scattered in between? Say from lap 15 to lap 30 then drying until it rains again in lap 55 but only on part of the track while the rest is dry until the end.
Saishū kōnā

LionKing

F1NAC wrote:Wet races are boring when we have SC deployed until it dries out.

I would like to see dry one. Just to see clear how far Ferrari in this twisty circuit is and how comparable is with RB.
Absolutely they don't let them race in the wet anymore, very very annoying...

Just look at the track condition, the visibility, the spray from the cars in 1996 Spain, then look at the conditions during safety car merry go round at Silverstone last weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc787HaONwE

vas_04614

Wow....none of the force india cars finished in last 3 years. Will their luck change this time?

PlatinumZealot

Red Bull will be a serious threat.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ds.raikkonen

F1NAC wrote:Wet races are boring when we have SC deployed until it dries out.

I would like to see dry one. Just to see clear how far Ferrari in this twisty circuit is and how comparable is with RB.
Although a 2006 type wet race should be exciting, of course without the mechanical failures! Safety car becomes inevitable as people do tend to take that extra risk.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

ChrisDanger

vas_04614 wrote:Wow....none of the force india cars finished in last 3 years. Will their luck change this time?
Yeah, I noticed that too. I was wondering if there was some commonality, like brake failure perhaps, but there has been no pattern.

2013 - Hydraulic failure on both cars
2014 - Hulkenberg collides with Perez, Hulk out. Perez crashed out later. (First doube DNF of the year.)
2015 - Hulkenberg wing failure (blamed on kerbs) causing accident. Perez brake failure.

Vasconia

Hungary is quite a boring race when its dry because its really difficult to overtake. Anyway I would like to see a gOod result for Ferrari and Nico, so I hope it will be hot and sunny.

But if it rains, it should be with some showers which could bring an interesting chaos. Not rain from the beginning because I dont want to watch 20 laps of SC.

Dry race:

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Ricciardo
5. Verstappen
6. Sainz
7. Raikkonen
8. Kvyat
9. Perez
10. Alonso

With rain:

1. Verstappen
2. Hamilton
3. Ricciardo
4. Rosberg
5. Sainz
6. Vettel
7. Alonso
8. Button
9. Perez
10. Raikkonen.

What I would like to see:

1. Ricciardo
2. Sainz
3. Nico
4. Alonso
5. Vettel.

:D

GPR-A duplicate2

Hungary, The home ground of Lewis for his qualifying performances. 4 Poles and 2 P2 positions in 9 years.

Pole 2016
1. Hamilton
2. Ricciardo
3. Rosberg

Win 2016
1. Hamilton
2. Verstappen
3. Ricciardo

domh245

Vasconia wrote:Hungary is quite a boring race when its dry because its really difficult to overtake. Anyway I would like to see a good result for Ferrari and Nico, so I hope it will be hot and sunny.
That's what we said in the run up to last year and look how that race turned out - one of the more exciting ones of the year!

Nuvolari

A Red Bull pole.

A Ferrari win.

That's my prediction. :D

notsofast

If Damon Hill, a former WDC, was able to almost win here in an Arrows, shouldn't Alonso and Button be able to make something happen?

Moose

Vasconia wrote:Hungary is quite a boring race when its dry because its really difficult to overtake. Anyway I would like to see a gOod result for Ferrari and Nico, so I hope it will be hot and sunny.

But if it rains, it should be with some showers which could bring an interesting chaos. Not rain from the beginning because I dont want to watch 20 laps of SC.

Dry race:

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
I can't see this happening - Nico's never beaten Hamilton on equal terms here.

Vasconia

Moose wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Hungary is quite a boring race when its dry because its really difficult to overtake. Anyway I would like to see a gOod result for Ferrari and Nico, so I hope it will be hot and sunny.

Dry race:

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
I can't see this happening - Nico's never beaten Hamilton on equal terms here.
Yes, but last two years races have not been normal so I am curious to see what Nico can do here. His starts are better and I would like to see if he can manage better the tyre degradation if the temperatures are high. I would put my money on Lewis too but those factors could decide the race.

Vasconia

domh245 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Hungary is quite a boring race when its dry because its really difficult to overtake. Anyway I would like to see a good result for Ferrari and Nico, so I hope it will be hot and sunny.
That's what we said in the run up to last year and look how that race turned out - one of the more exciting ones of the year!
I mean under normal conditions, with rain of other not common factors things can change a lot.