2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

notsofast wrote:If Damon Hill, a former WDC, was able to almost win here in an Arrows, shouldn't Alonso and Button be able to make something happen?
They need a 2006 style race,

ChrisDanger

Power unit components used after Silverstone.

Mercedes customers looking good. Not so much for Mercedes themselves though...

iotar__

Moose wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Hungary is quite a boring race when its dry because its really difficult to overtake. Anyway I would like to see a gOod result for Ferrari and Nico, so I hope it will be hot and sunny.

But if it rains, it should be with some showers which could bring an interesting chaos. Not rain from the beginning because I dont want to watch 20 laps of SC.

Dry race:

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
I can't see this happening - Nico's never beaten Hamilton on equal terms here.
Another race thread another made up and/or selective Hamilton myth =P~ . Last season he was beating Hamilton on equal term thoroughly (strong chance for a win) until tyre blunder/SC/crashtor Ricciardo happened . Did you remove it from memory or do you think terms were 'equal' during/after those events (last one is enough) or weren't before? Don't answer, it's not really a question.

Hungary is boring - 12 examples to the contrary starting with last race, mostly low driving quality (Toro Bull) but eventful.
If Damon Hill, a former WDC, was able to almost win here in an Arrows, shouldn't Alonso and Button be able to make something happen?
They need a 2006 style race,
They had one in Silverstone. If McL chassis was so great wouldn't that be (aero/rain) the perfect opportunity to shine?

Tom145145

iotar__ wrote:
Moose wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Hungary is quite a boring race when its dry because its really difficult to overtake. Anyway I would like to see a gOod result for Ferrari and Nico, so I hope it will be hot and sunny.

But if it rains, it should be with some showers which could bring an interesting chaos. Not rain from the beginning because I dont want to watch 20 laps of SC.

Dry race:

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
I can't see this happening - Nico's never beaten Hamilton on equal terms here.
Another race thread another made up and/or selective Hamilton myth =P~ . Last season he was beating Hamilton on equal term thoroughly (strong chance for a win) until tyre blunder/SC/crashtor Ricciardo happened . Did you remove it from memory or do you think terms were 'equal' during/after those events (last one is enough) or weren't before? Don't answer, it's not really a question.
I am so pleased you are now voicing your strong and opposing opinion on what a question is =P~ you may also (true to form) be swimming against the tide on this one too. :lol:

sosic2121

I expect Nico to start with better tires then Lewis, so he might be in a nice situation to win.
unless of course, Lewis suffers first corner understeer again....

dans79

sosic2121 wrote:I expect Nico to start with better tires then Lewis, so he might be in a nice situation to win.
I think any type of first corner incident would be more attributed to Nico brain, oops I mean brake fade.....
197 104 103 7

flickerf1

sosic2121 wrote:I expect Nico to start with better tires then Lewis, so he might be in a nice situation to win.
How would Nico start with better tires than Lewis?
The Wicked + The Divine.

dans79

flickerf1 wrote:
It's just a dream!
197 104 103 7

flickerf1

dans79 wrote:
flickerf1 wrote:
It's just a dream!
True.
The Wicked + The Divine.

Jolle

Pure speculation: pole for Hamilton, Rosberg second, Verstappen third and Vettel fourth. Good start by Vettel but taking our Verstappen and a Mercedes at the first corner.

SectorOne

Just a quick question i´m too lazy to figure out myself.

Schumi has the most poles at 7 around here according to F1 twitter, with Hamilton being equally impressive in terms of wins i was just curious how many poles he had.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ChrisDanger

SectorOne wrote:Just a quick question i´m too lazy to figure out myself.

Schumi has the most poles at 7 around here according to F1 twitter, with Hamilton being equally impressive in terms of wins i was just curious how many poles he had.
4 times: 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015

SectorOne

ChrisDanger wrote:

4 times: 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015
So basically Schumi was pretty lethal around here regardless of fuel load. thanks.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

flickerf1

Lewis has 4 (2007, 2012, 2013, and 2015).
The Wicked + The Divine.

sosic2121

flickerf1 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
flickerf1 wrote: How would Nico start with better tires than Lewis?
It's just a dream!
True.
well, very often Nico is sandbagging during Q2. When you have such a large advantage over 11th quickest car, what's the point of pushing and destroying tires!?
you both can go and compare Q2 and Q3 times from Nico and Lewis.