2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
sosic2121

Re: 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

dans79 wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:I expect Nico to start with better tires then Lewis, so he might be in a nice situation to win.
unless of course, Lewis suffers first corner understeer again....
I think any type of first corner incident would be more attributed to Nico brain, oops I mean brake fade.....
yes, if it's someone's brain's fault, I guess it would have to be Nico's :lol:

sosic2121

SectorOne wrote: So basically Schumi was pretty lethal around here regardless of fuel load. thanks.
wasn't he lethal pretty much everywhere? any track you choose, you'll find schumi holding some record...

Jolle

sosic2121 wrote:
SectorOne wrote: So basically Schumi was pretty lethal around here regardless of fuel load. thanks.
wasn't he lethal pretty much everywhere? any track you choose, you'll find schumi holding some record...
The combination of very well developed driving skills, long career, excellent car and crew plus tailor made tires.
The Bridgestones were made for the Hungarian Grand Prix (hence Hill's almost win).

But what makes a good driver great, is being in the right car at the right time.

sosic2121

Jolle wrote:
sosic2121 wrote: The combination of very well developed driving skills, long career, excellent car and crew plus tailor made tires.
The Bridgestones were made for the Hungarian Grand Prix (hence Hill's almost win).

But what makes a good driver great, is being in the right car at the right time.

I agree with everything but the last.
Right car turns good driver into world champion.
Great drivers don't have to have best cars to become champions.
That is why Schumacher is the greatest.

Jolle

sosic2121 wrote:
Jolle wrote:
sosic2121 wrote: The combination of very well developed driving skills, long career, excellent car and crew plus tailor made tires.

You forgot to add "drops mic"

I always had the feeling Schumacher had to work for it (not taking away anything what he's accomplished) and what he maybe lacked in pure talent like Clark or Senna he made up with vigorous testing and ruthlessness.

flickerf1

sosic2121 wrote:
flickerf1 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
It's just a dream!
True.
well, very often Nico is sandbagging during Q2. When you have such a large advantage over 11th quickest car, what's the point of pushing and destroying tires!?
you both can go and compare Q2 and Q3 times from Nico and Lewis.
When did Lewis ever start with worse tires than Nico? Baku is the only time that's happened. You're making it out to be as if Lewis always destroys his tires and is screwed in the race.
The Wicked + The Divine.

dans79

sosic2121 wrote: well, very often Nico is sandbagging during Q2. When you have such a large advantage over 11th quickest car, what's the point of pushing and destroying tires!?
Unless one driver locks up, the difference in wear on a qualifying lap is negligible!
197 104 103 7

Jolle

sosic2121 wrote:
flickerf1 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
It's just a dream!
True.
well, very often Nico is sandbagging during Q2. When you have such a large advantage over 11th quickest car, what's the point of pushing and destroying tires!?

Could it be, the methodical team Mercedes is, that they're both "sandbagging", or driving in a pre determined tire wear lap in Q2 but Lewis is quicker? :D

PlatinumZealot

This is go-kart style track. Pretty much the kind of track where seat of the pants drivers excel - if it rains even more so. I think

1. Ham
2. Ricc
3. Vers
4. ROS
5. ALO
6. Vet
7. Rai
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Sonador

Jolle wrote:
I always had the feeling Schumacher had to work for it (not taking away anything what he's accomplished) and what he maybe lacked in pure talent like Clark or Senna he made up with vigorous testing and ruthlessness.
I agree with you to some extent, but he was awesome when it was raining.
And i believe the truly talented ones shine when it raines on track.

But i agree, he worked so incredibly hard, and was a nice guy (behind the scenes) and was able to get the right people behind him. Also what i remember he was the fittest driver at that time.

Awesome driver, shame that we fans do not know how he is doing ....

Ontopic:

Hamilton wil win this, and expecting a 4 way fight between Verstappen, Ricciardo, Rosberg, and Vettel for P2 [-o<

sosic2121

flickerf1 wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
flickerf1 wrote: True.
When did Lewis ever start with worse tires than Nico? Baku is the only time that's happened. You're making it out to be as if Lewis always destroys his tires and is screwed in the race.
No, I'm not saying that he is destroying rubber, and I'm not talking about Baku.
But it happened in silverstone for example. difference between Lewis and Nico in Q2 is about 0,5s larger than it is in Q3. it happened maybe 3 or 4 times this year.
Many times we hear that tires can't do even one Q lap at 100%.
My point is, if he leaves that little bit more of grip in his tires, he has better during start. It's the most important part of the race

sosic2121

Jolle wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
Jolle wrote:

He really was something special. You have to back to the beginning of his career to understand how good he was.
Senna believed Benetton was cheating/having traction control, since he couldn't understand how could he be so quick.

Just_a_fan

sosic2121 wrote:
Jolle wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:

He really was something special. You have to back to the beginning of his career to understand how good he was.
Senna believed Benetton was cheating/having traction control, since he couldn't understand how could he be so quick.
Benetton did have traction control. The entire paddock knew it. The FIA looked at the car and found traction control code which Benetton claimed was legacy code from testing but wasn't raced. FIA couldn't prove illegality so Benetton got away with it.

Schuie was bloody good, it must be said, but his results record needs to be seen in light of the politics of the day. Bespoke tyres, unlimited testing, Number 1 status etc. He still had to turn that in to results, of course, but the lack of a challenger on the other side of the garage made that a lot easier.

Would Schuie have done so well with Senna, Prost, Alonso, Vettel or Hamilton in the other car? Nope.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

sosic2121

Just_a_fan wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Benetton did have traction control. The entire paddock knew it. The FIA looked at the car and found traction control code which Benetton claimed was legacy code from testing but wasn't raced. FIA couldn't prove illegality so Benetton got away with it.

Schuie was bloody good, it must be said, but his results record needs to be seen in light of the politics of the day. Bespoke tyres, unlimited testing, Number 1 status etc. He still had to turn that in to results, of course, but the lack of a challenger on the other side of the garage made that a lot easier.

Would Schuie have done so well with Senna, Prost, Alonso, Vettel or Hamilton in the other car? Nope.
none of them would be equal to Schumacher in a same car. also, he won more than one championship with inferior car.

ClarkBT11

In Austria Pascal managed to get heat into his tyres because of the new asphalt being layed down. We might see the Manor qualifying out of position in p12 again in Hungary with the track surface being relayed.
Is it a new track for Pascal? I know in Austria he had raced there before that might of contributed to his best qualifying/race result?