2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
George-Jung

Re: 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 22-24 July

Regarding Verstappen;

At first when he joined F1 in '15 'everybody' said he is way to young etc..etc.. it is bad for the sport.
Well actually, he joining F1 was very good for the sport.

Then this year he joins Red Bull and 'everybody' said, Ricciardo will destroy him..

We have all seen how Verstappen is doing against Ricciardo...

This kid is just amazing, and this is only his 2nd year in the sport and he will only get better.
Just let him make some big mistakes.. it will only make him better in the end.

dans79

George-Jung wrote: This kid is just amazing, and this is only his 2nd year in the sport and he will only get better.
Personally, I think he is Montoya version 2.0
197 104 103 7

Vasconia

George-Jung wrote: Just let him make some big mistakes.. it will only make him better in the end.
Err... no. Sometimes drivers are like babies, they must know where the limits are. Now Verstappen is like the privileged baby, and we all know what happens when a baby thinks that he can do whatever he wills.

flickerf1

F1.com's Hungary onboard highlights: http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/featu ... ngary.html

After watching the video labeled Pt. 2, I'm not so sure that what Max did was totally. I would like to hear others' opinions.
The Wicked + The Divine.

sosic2121

dans79 wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
How about you stop. I mean stop complaining because people aren't saying what you want to hear.
what spain has to do with rai/ves crash?
The topic at hand was where people think/thought the FIA and stewards weren't doing a proper job of applying the rules.
ahhh, but Lewis lost control before hitting into rosberg. surly, they couldn't punish him for that

Phil

I think he was implying that it was Rosberg who should have been punished, as blocking moves are not allowed when a portion of the car is deemed alongside on straights or only to the point of leaving enough room (see the link I posted earlier). Same applies to Button in 2011 in Canada, although there were mitigating circumstances there (heavy rain, poor visibility and the rules were only later revised AFAIK).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dans79

Phil wrote:I think he was implying that it was Rosberg who should have been punished, as blocking moves are not allowed when a portion of the car is deemed alongside on straights or only to the point of leaving enough room (see the link I posted earlier).
Correct!
197 104 103 7

Jolle

dans79 wrote:
Phil wrote:I think he was implying that it was Rosberg who should have been punished, as blocking moves are not allowed when a portion of the car is deemed alongside on straights or only to the point of leaving enough room (see the link I posted earlier).
Correct!
It looks a bit like the fia doesn't want an active roll in the WC battle. So far, four offensives from Rosberg cost him one place (and three points)

Jolle

The FIA seem to aim to keep their involvement as low as possible.
And after two dangerous moves (running someone off track at a straight with a significant speed difference and not slowing significantly down for double yellow) a dirty one (forcing off track/causing a accident) and a stupid one (gear over the radio) Rosberg has been on the easy end. And if you want to have the FIA investigate the Canada start incident, just look at 2014 how it's done on corner exit, what every driver does except rosberg.
Last edited by Steven on 30 Jul 2016, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed reply to deleted post

sosic2121

I haven't said that YOU were biased.
I agree that to much is allowed.
I'm not trying to defend rosberg. IMHO, he should have been punished in Canada in 2014. Also in Austria he had it coming twice, for pushing off and then for preventing Lewis from coming back to the track. But, in IMO Lewis deliberately turned into rosberg while he was a car width away from white line and starting to turn right.
I don't know what this is, but it ain't racing.

I would love to see if raikkonen pushed verstappen off track when he was defending at the exit of turn 2. I believe he's the cleanest driver in f1 today.

Jolle

sosic2121 wrote:I haven't said that YOU were biased.
I agree that to much is allowed.
I'm not trying to defend rosberg. IMHO, he should have been punished in Canada in 2014. Also in Austria he had it coming twice, for pushing off and then for preventing Lewis from coming back to the track. But, in IMO Lewis deliberately turned into rosberg while he was a car width away from white line and starting to turn right.
I don't know what this is, but it ain't racing.

I would love to see if raikkonen pushed verstappen off track when he was defending at the exit of turn 2. I believe he's the cleanest driver in f1 today.
Raikkonen the cleanest driver in F1?

I don't think Bottas will agree. Or Grosjean.

dans79

sosic2121 wrote: I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but you are biased.
I found your response dumb frankly, and not really worth responding to at any kind of intellectual level. A comment like the below, is what I expect out of an early 20 something who is just trying to insult someone because they don't have a counter point for the debate at hand.
sosic2121 wrote:lol lol lol

only bieber's fans can be this blind.
sosic2121 wrote: And FIA is biased. why?
Who said they were biased?

I have routinely said they are inconsistent and/or cowardly. And to be clear, I'm referring to both the stewards and the FIA. Most of the rule changes & rulings over the last half decade or so seemed to be aimed at either appeasing or entertaining the lowbrow members of the fanbase.

• no double clutch rule - makes the starts more chaotic (entertaining)
  • ludicrous radio clampdown - makes the races more chaotic (entertaining)
  • engine component limits - makes the championship more chaotic thanks to penalties (entertaining)
  • Ever notice how back-markers get penalized for things, and front runners never do. (cant penalize someones favorite)
  • Ever notice how back markers usually get more severe penalties for the same infringement (cant penalize someones favorite)
Last edited by dans79 on 27 Jul 2016, 00:04, edited 2 times in total.
197 104 103 7

giantfan10

dans79 wrote:
George-Jung wrote: This kid is just amazing, and this is only his 2nd year in the sport and he will only get better.
agreed....
I suspect at the end of his career he will have the exact same amount of championship trophies Montoya had.
he is a good young driver but all the hype is unfounded IMHO.

sosic2121

dans79 wrote:
sosic2121 wrote: I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but you are biased.
I found your response dumb frankly, and not really worth responding to at any kind of intellectual level. A comment like the below, is what I expect out of an early 20 something who is just trying to insult someone because they don't have any counter point for the debate at hand.
sosic2121 wrote:lol lol lol

only bieber's fans can be this blind.
sosic2121 wrote: And FIA is biased. why?
Who said they were biased?

I have routinely said they are inconsistent and/or cowardly. And to be clear, I'm referring to both the stewards and the FIA. Most of the rule changes & rulings over the last half decade or so seemed to be aimed at either appeasing or entertaining the lowbrow members of the fanbase.

• no double clutch rule - makes the starts more chaotic (entertaining)
  • ludicrous radio clampdown - makes the races more chaotic (entertaining)
  • engine component limits - makes the championship more chaotic thanks to penalties (entertaining
  • Ever notice how back-markers get penalized for things, and front runners never do. (cant penalize someones favorite)
  • Ever notice how back markers usually get more severe penalties for the same infringement (cant penalize someones favorite)
I have to say I went 2 pages back to look for your comment only to find out it was an other person with similar nickname.
So to that imature comment I responded with equally imature one, but to you.

It's my mistake and I apologise.

I do stand by my opinion that rosberg had done nothing wrong in Spain. As I said many times, he deserved punishment many times before and after spain...

On the other hand, I do agree with most points you made, except the clutch.

Once again, I'm sorry for that stupid comment.

GPR-A duplicate2

giantfan10 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
agreed....
I suspect at the end of his career he will have the exact same amount of championship trophies Montoya had.
he is a good young driver but all the hype is unfounded IMHO.
It would have been very interesting to see if you would have said the same, if Max was a Ferrari driver :!: Although it is not difficult to guess what it would have been, knowing for the fact that you have such a great appetite to defend anything that is damn Ferrari.