The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Mr. Fahrenheit

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Vettel will definitely be at Ferrari next year, right?

ME4ME

Mr. Fahrenheit wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 19:37
Vettel will definitely be at Ferrari next year, right?
No. I think he will quit F1.

Manoah2u

Yeah, that Monaco 'incident' was as blatant and as much of an insult to Kimi as can be.
He was on top of things all weekend long, he was on fire, we saw the Kimi we knew so well in the past,
and then Ferrari did that, and gave the victory for free to Vettel.

That was undeserved for Vettel and undeserving for Raikkonen to be treated like that.
I wonder how Kimi would have performed after winning that GP deservingly.

I think they have rather made a huge mistake with treating Kimi like that - they bashed him into a Barrichello or Massa to play second fiddle
to a loud temper and anger issue with no respect and no patience. this will come to bite them in the back hugely.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ME4ME

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 23:29
Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 19:36
When did Kimi help Seb this year exactly? He's too slow to do that...
Ferrari have moved Kimi around to help Seb. I very much doubt that will happen if Alonso was in the other car.
Yeah just like how they moved over Kimi in China. Oh wait. :lol:
Having none of that Monaco rambling either.

Bottas has helped Hamilton more than Ferrari has helped Vettel.

ferkan

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 23:50
Yeah, that Monaco 'incident' was as blatant and as much of an insult to Kimi as can be.
He was on top of things all weekend long, he was on fire, we saw the Kimi we knew so well in the past,

That was undeserved for Vettel and undeserving for Raikkonen to be treated like that.

I think they have rather made a huge mistake with treating Kimi like that - they bashed him into a Barrichello or Massa to play second fiddle
to a loud temper and anger issue with no respect and no patience. this will come to bite them in the back hugely.
Wrong on so many levels. :?

Juzh

ferkan wrote:
02 Jul 2017, 16:26
Manoah2u wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 23:50

Wrong on so many levels. :?
Trying too hard.

Phil

Re: 2017 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 14-16 July

I have a feeling that if Vettel somehow can get the win here in Silverstone, that it will be a major blow to Hamilton.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

giantfan10

godlameroso wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 13:59
Mandrake wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 11:30
As long as Mercedes retains their qualifying advantage Ferrari is going to have a hard time winning on pace alone. If you need 1s+ in performance to be able to overtake Ferrari is not going to have such an advantage in the race. So either winning the start or undercutting at the pit stop is their only chance. And only if on the US tires Mercedes does not open up a 9 second gap.

Interesting choice of tires though between Merc & Ferrari
US tires will not be used at this round. It'll be a tight fit to 1 stop the race if conditions are dry. The Ferrari is a better chassis but the Mercedes engine is still better. In normal conditions Hamilton should walk away with this one. The best Ferrari can hope to achieve is coming 2-3.

The race won't have normal conditions however, so should be quite interesting. I still expect Hamilton to take this one.
Every single race we get the exact same analysis from the exact same people ... its a hamilton track and he will run away with the race ...
I find it amusing.

giantfan10

Vasconia wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 15:39
giantfan10 wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 14:08

Every single race we get the exact same analysis from the exact same people ... its a hamilton track and he will run away with the race ...
I find it amusing.
Its Silverstone and Mercedes has been strong here so yes, he should win. Plus he he has ended behind Vettel the last two races so it seems that we should see "a fight back" weekend this time.

Anyway I hope Ferrari can surprise Mercedes here.
I am not one that buys into the its a Hamilton track stuff.
Mercedes has been strong here for the past 3 years when they had a 2 car championship and no car could compete with them... Those days are long gone and i suspect that some are having a hard time letting the past go.
Vettel in the lead ferrari can absolutely win this race.
Hamilton. Vettel . Bottas for quali and then the race is on.

godlameroso

Silverstone is Hamilton's playground, the gap he puts on other cars here is insane, it's even more impressive than Canada. Silverstone is a power track, as you're using full throttle for a large part of the lap, from Woodcote on it's all about top end grunt. A good chassis helps, and the Ferrari is probably equal to Mercedes in terms of overall package, but again Hamilton + Silverstone is usually a winning combination especially with the car he has. Ferrari will most likely win in Hungary if it's dry, then it's Summer break, and back to power tracks Spa and Monza. I can almost guarantee that Ferrari will win in Singapore unless Mercedes takes a clear step forward chassis wise.
Saishū kōnā

TAG

Phil wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 14:04
I have a feeling that if Vettel somehow can get the win here in Silverstone, that it will be a major blow to Hamilton.
Agreed, to stamp some sort of authority. With Sunday looking like rain, not sure how likely that is to happen though. That Ferrari isn't the most derivable car as far as power delivery and it wanting to put its tail up front when wet as demonstrated so often in the past.

Fully bracing for Hamilton leaving Silverstone in 3rd place in the WDC though, it's how the season has gone so far. :mrgreen:

It is Silverstone though, and like Canada it will require an act of god to keep Lewis from a grand slam here.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

TAG

Hamilton's historical dominance in Silverstone is not a valid topic? Mmmmkay.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Chene_Mostert

TAG wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 17:12
Hamilton's historical dominance in Silverstone is not a valid topic? Mmmmkay.
Well he's only been dominant for the last 3 years, with a big gap back to 2008. So its more like Merc PU dominance than LH dominance... But don't let facts cloud your logic.
PU performance is much closer this year than in 2014, 2015, 2016 so I think its a open race.
Lewis will be a tough competitor as long as he does not allow the "head games" from Baku to continue to have an impact on his performance lik.. in the last race
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

Artur Craft

GPR-A wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 03:59
And yet, his team mate hasn't managed to beat him for pole, except when Hamilton himself cocked up in rain hit 2014 qualifying. What does that say about his team mate?
It just shows how poor Rosberg was at Silverstone. In 2007, Alonso was confortably faster. Lewis got another one of his fake low fuel poles but was merely 0.15s faster than Alonso who was carrying 4 laps of extra fuel(account for around 0.5s). Btw, Alonso vanished in front of Hamilton in the race, it was embarassing. After Lewis got out of the way, on lap 16, Kimi and Alonso opened 37s to Hamilton by the end of the race(pace around 1s per lap faster ).

On 2008, Kovalainen was just 2 laps lighter but was 0.8s faster than Hamilton to get the pole.

On 2009, both Mclaren drivers got knocked out on Q2, so there was no BS fuel load involved and Kova was 0.5s faster.

Then, 2010, a year where Hamilton outqualified Button and that is a lap that I like, I must say. But maybe Button had a problem in his car because he was 14th over a second slower.

2011, Hamilton was 0.5s slower than JB and on the rainy 2012 QLF, Button was caught on a yellow flag, on the end of Q1, when he was about to qualify for Q2, and had be to knocked out on Q1, through bad luck.

So, there you have. A horrible track record against his team mates (bar Rosberg) getting outqualified almost always(fuel adjusted) and by big amounts.

I would kindly ask the moderators to keep this post because, eventhough it might not be entirely on topic, it busts the myth created here that Hamilton is untouchable around Silverstone, quite the contrary, the statistics shows. It just goes to show how much a driver can get hyped if given rocketships for several years in a row.

Juzh

One could say his 2013 and 2016 pole laps were a two of his best ones, but then he only lit up the track in 2016 race in what was by far the best car, and was even being caught up by verstappen at some point on inters.