The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
iotar__

Re: 2017 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 14-16 July

GPR-A wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 03:59
Artur Craft wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 01:17
godlameroso wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 17:46
Hamilton is untouchable around here, he finds time that shouldn't be there somehow.
I don't know about that. What I do know is that he had untouchable cars way too many times, already.
And yet, his team mate hasn't managed to beat him for pole, except when Hamilton himself cocked up in rain hit 2014 qualifying. What does that say about his team mate?
- I know what this nonsensical statement tells me about you ;-). As for "owning": pole in '14, in '15 it was just above 0,1 in Q with Rosberg being quicker in the rain, in '14 leading and on course for the win before gearbox failure but don't let reality distract you from the usual chest beating and spitting on other drivers.

- You learned nothing from giving away pole position before events like Q in Austria, didn't you (or Russia, or Bahrain)? Not only pole but also undeserved "inheriting" since it was all decided earlier. I suggest waiting this time too and being fine with any clean result.

- Ferrari should be quick and Bottas used to be very good in the high speed stuff so if Merc allows him, he might have a shot here.

GPR-A duplicate2

iotar__ wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 11:48
- I know what this nonsensical statement tells me about you ;-). As for "owning": pole in '14, in '15 it was just above 0,1 in Q with Rosberg being quicker in the rain, in '14 leading and on course for the win before gearbox failure but don't let reality distract you from the usual chest beating and spitting on other drivers.
That is the answer for your comment. If anyone in their right mind think, it wasn't Lewis who messed it and Nico earned, want to look at it that way. A failed gear box is just an excuse. He was being closed in on very fast. Don't believe? Here it is. Even without the gear box failure, it was an easy pass waiting to happen. Like in Italy, like in Japan, like in US....
http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/ ... rt_V01.pdf

iotar__ wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 11:48
- Ferrari should be quick and Bottas used to be very good in the high speed stuff so if Merc allows him, he might have a shot here.
Right. That is how Mercedes has 7 poles to Ferrari's 2 and Lewis having 4 poles, Valtteri 2 and 1 each for Ferrari.
- I know what this nonsensical statement tells me about you ;-)

dren

Hamilton will reassert his championship hunt here with a dominating victory.
Honda!

TAG

dren wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 13:05
Hamilton will reassert his championship hunt here with a dominating victory.
According to one of the mods here, we're not supposed to be posting stuff like this on the race thread. Bewarned.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

TAG

Artur Craft wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 10:20
It just shows how poor Rosberg was at Silverstone. In 2007, Alonso was confortably faster. Lewis got another one of his fake low fuel poles but was merely 0.15s faster than Alonso who was carrying 4 laps of extra fuel(account for around 0.5s). Btw, Alonso vanished in front of Hamilton in the race, it was embarassing. After Lewis got out of the way, on lap 16, Kimi and Alonso opened 37s to Hamilton by the end of the race(pace around 1s per lap faster ).

On 2008, Kovalainen was just 2 laps lighter but was 0.8s faster than Hamilton to get the pole.

On 2009, both Mclaren drivers got knocked out on Q2, so there was no BS fuel load involved and Kova was 0.5s faster.

Then, 2010, a year where Hamilton outqualified Button and that is a lap that I like, I must say. But maybe Button had a problem in his car because he was 14th over a second slower.

2011, Hamilton was 0.5s slower than JB and on the rainy 2012 QLF, Button was caught on a yellow flag, on the end of Q1, when he was about to qualify for Q2, and had be to knocked out on Q1, through bad luck.

So, there you have. A horrible track record against his team mates (bar Rosberg) getting outqualified almost always(fuel adjusted) and by big amounts.

I would kindly ask the moderators to keep this post because, eventhough it might not be entirely on topic, it busts the myth created here that Hamilton is untouchable around Silverstone, quite the contrary, the statistics shows. It just goes to show how much a driver can get hyped if given rocketships for several years in a row.
So an open question to the moderators...

Yesterday one of the team went cray cray removing relatively benign posts. Here we are a day later and the the same subject. (Hamilton) come up. In this example, not so benign, more of a h8tz special if you ask me. BTW I don't normally say h8trz but just using it here for effect).

Do we or do we not discuss drivers in the race threads? I'm thoroughly confused. Compounded by the fact that Aral seemingly has a more one sided trigger finger than the other moderators, adding to the confusion. Would be more than happy to take the discussion elsewhere. PM'd the mod team yesterday but go no response.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

adrianjordan

Off topic, sort of, but maybe we should also have Driver threads so the race and team threads can be kept clean(er) of all the this driver vs that driver stuff...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Big Mangalhit

TAG wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 13:32
Artur Craft wrote:
It just shows how poor Rosberg was at Silverstone. In 2007, Alonso was confortably faster. Lewis got another one of his fake low fuel poles but was merely 0.15s faster than Alonso who was carrying 4 laps of extra fuel(account for around 0.5s). Btw, Alonso vanished in front of Hamilton in the race, it was embarassing. After Lewis got out of the way, on lap 16, Kimi and Alonso opened 37s to Hamilton by the end of the race(pace around 1s per lap faster ).

On 2008, Kovalainen was just 2 laps lighter but was 0.8s faster than Hamilton to get the pole.

On 2009, both Mclaren drivers got knocked out on Q2, so there was no BS fuel load involved and Kova was 0.5s faster.

Then, 2010, a year where Hamilton outqualified Button and that is a lap that I like, I must say. But maybe Button had a problem in his car because he was 14th over a second slower.

2011, Hamilton was 0.5s slower than JB and on the rainy 2012 QLF, Button was caught on a yellow flag, on the end of Q1, when he was about to qualify for Q2, and had be to knocked out on Q1, through bad luck.

So, there you have. A horrible track record against his team mates (bar Rosberg) getting outqualified almost always(fuel adjusted) and by big amounts.

I would kindly ask the moderators to keep this post because, eventhough it might not be entirely on topic, it busts the myth created here that Hamilton is untouchable around Silverstone, quite the contrary, the statistics shows. It just goes to show how much a driver can get hyped if given rocketships for several years in a row.

Yesterday one of the team went cray cray removing relatively benign posts. Here we are a day later and the the same subject. (Hamilton) come up. In this example, not so benign, more of a h8tz special if you ask me. BTW I don't normally say h8trz but just using it here for effect).

Do we or do we not discuss drivers in the race threads? I'm thoroughly confused. Compounded by the fact that Aral seemingly has a more one sided trigger finger than the other moderators, adding to the confusion. Would be more than happy to take the discussion elsewhere. PM'd the mod team yesterday but go no response.
Well I think there is a huge difference between typing a sentence as: "Driver X will win here and take the championship!!!! whooohoooo!!!!" or going and actually doing research over the driver x record at this particular track and posting here as to inform us (at least me that didn't remember by heart all that detail). If that post is factually incorrect I would be glad if somebody came and wrote that too, but it is for real informative and brings something to the thread about this particular race.

But I guess you classify a post as benign when it promotes your driver and malign (h8terz) when it states the previous results of said driver in this track in a somewhat objective way.

TAG

Big Mangalhit wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 14:10
But I guess you classify a post as benign when it promotes your driver and malign (h8terz) when it states the previous results of said driver in this track in a somewhat objective way.
You comment without even reaching out to me to discuss my perspective? There's a PM button you know. You're welcome.

The point is that it's either discussed, or it's forbidden. There is no happy medium because some moderators are fanboys too despite how much the try to convince you otherwise.

PS: you're welcomed to point to a thread of mine that's yay driver woo-hoo, but every new GP thread here there's the same crap ill willed predictions and fanboyism. It's idiocy and inconsistency that irks most people, I can argue and substantiate my viewpoints points very well when I have to but some don't. Worse yet, when proven wrong they continue to maintain the position. But go on defending them because you like their driver too.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

giantfan10

TAG wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 14:25
Big Mangalhit wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 14:10
You comment without even reaching out to me to discuss my perspective? There's a PM button you know. You're welcome.

The point is that it's either discussed, or it's forbidden. There is no happy medium because some moderators are fanboys too despite how much the try to convince you otherwise.

PS: you're welcomed to point to a thread of mine that's yay driver woo-hoo, but every new GP thread here there's the same crap ill willed predictions and fanboyism. It's idiocy and inconsistency that irks most people, I can argue and substantiate my viewpoints points very well when I have to but some don't. Worse yet, when proven wrong they continue to maintain the position. But go on defending them because you like their driver too.
Your posts that were removed were yay driver woo-hoo... telling all how dominant Hamilton is at this track and how he would destroy the competition. this was all based on the less than factual premise that hamilton has some stellar record at silverstone. With just a little bit of research your point of view fell flat on its face and looked even more like fanboyism.That is all.

Just_a_fan

Artur Craft wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 03:59
And yet, his team mate hasn't managed to beat him for pole, except when Hamilton himself cocked up in rain hit 2014 qualifying. What does that say about his team mate?

And yet Hamilton has won 4 F1 GPs at Silverstone - including 2008 when he was 68 seconds clear of second place following a race when just about everyone else spun multiple times. That's more wins than anyone other than Prost (who won 5). Even the great Schumacher only managed 3 wins. Alonso has had 2 wins, just like Webber. Vettel has only won it once.

Interestingly, when one looks at the list of winners at Silverstone, one sees that they all (bar the occasional outlier), won in the best car on the day.

See, stats prove that Hamilton's both rubbish and brilliant. Amazing. :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

TAG wrote:
Compounded by the fact that Aral seemingly has a more one sided trigger finger than the other moderators
You noticed that too, eh? :?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Schuttelberg

TAG wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:

Those guys have a lot on their plate. If you've PM'ed them, they will take the care and courtesy to resolve your query. Be patient. It's a very thankless job and I for one applaud them for keeping things around here quite brilliant!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

TAG

Artur Craft wrote:

You forgot to include 2007 where as a rookie he did horribly against his two time WDC teammate. :D
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

SectorOne

They should rename this forum to F1Hamilton.net
Neither the haters or the lovers can stop talking about him. It´s like F1Technical has a variation of Godwin´s law.
-

Anyway, Mercedes claims Copse and Abbey will be easy flat chat. I hope the weather-gods make this a bone dry race because i want to see some stupid corner speeds this year.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dans79

SectorOne wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 20:31
They should rename this forum to F1Hamilton.net
Neither the haters or the lovers can stop talking about him. It´s like F1Technical has a variation of Godwin´s law.
I think that's because several of the prior are deliberately trying to antagonize the later.
197 104 103 7