Force India VJM10 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
IamLegend

Re: Force India VJM10 Mercedes

Did they give up on reducing the side-pods? Never heard any news about it, thought it was supposed to come in Silverstone?

BloodLad91

IamLegend wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 15:39
Did they give up on reducing the side-pods? Never heard any news about it, thought it was supposed to come in Silverstone?
Singapore is where they will be introducing next big upgrade.
Andrew Greene said they introduced front end upgrade at Silverstone, rear end upgrade will come at Singapore.
Don't know if new sidepods will be part of package.

IamLegend

BloodLad91 wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 16:31
IamLegend wrote:
Andrew Greene said they introduced front end upgrade at Silverstone, rear end upgrade will come at Singapore.
SFi was also supposed to get the new spec PUs from Mercedes in Monza right? I don't see any news about that either, I'm sure they can jump the McLarens and RedBulls with their engine penalties in the race and keep the pace up if that is the case.

bosyber

IamLegend wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 19:45
BloodLad91 wrote:
IamLegend wrote:

SFi was also supposed to get the new spec PUs from Mercedes in Monza right? I don't see any news about that either, I'm sure they can jump the McLarens and RedBulls with their engine penalties in the race and keep the pace up if that is the case.
AMuS reported that Mercedes doesn't have enough new PUs ready, and even in Singapore, Willliams and Force India can have 1 new one each not more, so would have to choose which car if any gets it then - or wait (for Malaysia I guess?): http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 20994.html

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

BloodLad91

bosyber wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 21:45
IamLegend wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 19:45
BloodLad91 wrote:

AMuS reported that Mercedes doesn't have enough new PUs ready, and even in Singapore, Willliams and Force India can have 1 new one each not more, so would have to choose which car if any gets it then - or wait (for Malaysia I guess?): http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 20994.html
Both force India and Williams will take new engines at Malaysia, Since Singapore isn't power sensitive circuit.

Manjhi

bosyber wrote:
SFI won't take it in Singapore coz they don't want to discriminate between their drivers plus they are not happy with Mercs about this due to missed opportunity of enjoying oil burn specification and Williams had no idea that Mercs will come up with upgrade in Monza and will offer engine in Singapore.

Source :- Ted's Notebook

NAPI10

Have they confirmed list of upgrades for Singapore GP?
With 4th position in pocket, FI should solely focus on 2018.

IamLegend

Manjhi wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 16:01
bosyber wrote:
SFI won't take it in Singapore coz they don't want to discriminate between their drivers plus they are not happy with Mercs about this due to missed opportunity of enjoying oil burn specification and Williams had no idea that Mercs will come up with upgrade in Monza and will offer engine in Singapore.

Source :- Ted's Notebook
Due to the tardiness/excuses(I believe the latter to be the real reason) from the Mercedes works team, SFi lost a bit of points in Monza, they could have ended up with a better result or at the least given the Ferraris a fight.

Manjhi

IamLegend wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 20:12

Due to the tardiness/excuses(I believe the latter to be the real reason) from the Mercedes works team, SFi lost a bit of points in Monza, they could have ended up with a better result or at the least given the Ferraris a fight.
I don't Ferrari was gettable with just engine upgrade, SFI needs more than just engine upgrade to overtake F's even at monza.

Manjhi

NAPI10 wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 17:14
I think this update in Singapore will be last one as this will be further enhanced in Malaysia & Japan, and the Spa & Monza setup will be used in Mexico. So after that no upgrades expected, and this will ensure 4th very easily.

Renault is picking up the pace but it is too late for them now and they'll target Williams, and SFI looks safe at the moment.

Didn't believe it at the start of the season that they'll hold on to 4th with ease.

BloodLad91

Manjhi wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 17:05
NAPI10 wrote:
I think this update in Singapore will be last one as this will be further enhanced in Malaysia & Japan, and the Spa & Monza setup will be used in Mexico. So after that no upgrades expected, and this will ensure 4th very easily.

Renault is picking up the pace but it is too late for them now and they'll target Williams, and SFI looks safe at the moment.

Didn't believe it at the start of the season that they'll hold on to 4th with ease.
Mexico isn't low drag track, since it's at high altitude the air is thinner which make generating downforce difficult.
Andrew Greene said they will be developing untill last race cause there is no rule change. The development on this car will be carry over to next season.

F1Krof

Manjhi wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 17:05
NAPI10 wrote:

No, for Mexico they will need to use Monaco/Hungary/Singapore setup with maximum downforce.
Wroom wroom

monis100