2017 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 1-3 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
fabian77
fabian77

Re: 2017 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 1-3 September

GPR-A wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 17:33
fabian77 wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 17:17
GPR-A wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:39
That wouldbe a very poor excuse for the poor behaviour of an idiotic crowd. Every country that putsa grand prix, has respectable crowd that cheers the winning driver. These buggers are Sore losers .
Unlike the sporting behaviour from the british crowd cheering when Ferrari had tyre problems at Silverstone, short memory you have.
I am not sure when was Vettel booed in Silverstone? I am sure there was a roar when his tyre blew. Just the same roar that we heard in Malaysia when Lewis' PU went pop. If you are equating that to booing, you probably need to understand what booing near podium means.

More so, Vettel was already a villain with his antics at Baku and if people got excited to see his tyre blew, there is nothing to complain about.

Lewis has always appreciated the crowds coming over to races, thanks them for support, engages with them and instead of enjoying one of the fantastic displays of qualifying and race performance, these sore losers boo him for doing a great job.
https://youtu.be/pWYKRVrd75g

This is what I am talking about disgraceful from the crowd. Like the old saying says, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Its bad sportsmanship from the crowd like it was at monza today, im not defending them just pointing it out the brits are no better.

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Brilliant performance, Ham-Merc now in perfect harmony.
I have a gut feeling, that Singapore won't be much of a disappointment for the British.I think it is quite possible that he will snatch pole and he will just hang on the lead, pretty much like Rosberg did last year.

Phil

Enrico shark wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 18:27
Well, he always seems kind of cocky. Like he always thinks he is king of the world and lacks of humility. Seb has more WC titles than him and he always remains with his feet on the ground. But I don't blame him for this. He was lucky to be on the right car at the right time and he's enjoying this at the maximum.
And where do you base this off? Sensationalist media or interviews of broadcasts?

I honestly cant see him being more cocky than other drivers. In fact, IMO he is way more sincere and humble than some other drivers.

To be honest, i dont see any reason why Italians would find his behavior to be reasons to not like him. Certainly not compared to Vettel. Hamilton is just not driving for the right team.

IMHO, the Tifosi would whorship Hamilton as much as they do Vettel or Schumacher if he were driving for the red team. People come up with all sorts of reason and justification to dislike a driver driving for the other team. That is my opinion.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

justmoi
justmoi

Enrico shark wrote:
Well, he always seems kind of cocky. Like he always thinks he is king of the world and lacks of humility. Seb has more WC titles than him and he always remains with his feet on the ground. But I don't blame him for this. He was lucky to be on the right car at the right time and he's enjoying this at the maximum.
Oh please get over your disguised prejudice. His bad attitude off the track? Is he a paedophile, getting arrested, drink driving, fighting? His crime is he connects with his fans on instagram. How cocky and terrible. Lewis is no different to modern stars like Beckham etc trying to maximise the cool factor.

I wish i could tell you how many racists i've met who 'only' have a problem with the way others are. It's always others, never themselves. Like wtf are you to judge anyway. And guess which countries most of them are from...

Stick to the racing if you want good advice
Last edited by justmoi on 03 Sep 2017, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

NathanOlder

Phil wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 18:37
Enrico shark wrote:
And where do you base this off? Sensationalist media or interviews of broadcasts?

I honestly cant see him being more cocky than other drivers. In fact, IMO he is way more sincere and humble than some other drivers.

To be honest, i dont see any reason why Italians would find his behavior to be reasons to not like him. Certainly not compared to Vettel. Hamilton is just not driving for the right team.

IMHO, the Tifosi would whorship Hamilton as much as they do Vettel or Schumacher if he were driving for the red team. People come up with all sorts of reason and justification to dislike a driver driving for the other team. That is my opinion.
Totally agree Phil. Lewis is almost the perfect role modelon and off the track. Always well behaved, never any bad language, and always thanks the fans. ALWAYS.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Chene_Mostert

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 18:41
Phil wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 18:37
Enrico shark wrote:

Totally agree Phil. Lewis is almost the perfect role modelon and off the track. Always well behaved, never any bad language, and always thanks the fans. ALWAYS.
A bit too artificial.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

NathanOlder

justmoi wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 18:39
Enrico shark wrote:
Oh please get over your disguised prejudiced. His bad attitude off the track? Is he a paedophile, getting arrested, drink driving, fighting? His crime is he connects with his fans on instagram. How cocky and terrible. Lewis is no different to modern stars like Beckham etc trying to maximise the cool factor.

I wish i could tell you how many racists i've met who 'only' have a problem with the way others are. It's always others, never themselves. Like wtf are you to judge anyway. And guess which countries most of them are from...

Stick to the racing if you want good advice
Well put.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Enrico shark
Enrico shark

This has nothing to do with Instagram. I based this out of the Sky Italia interviews and is not actually my opinion, but the opinion of friends and other people with whom I talk about F1 when it comes to Lewis. My opinion is that, okay I don't love the guy, I recognise that if he would be driving for Ferrari I would be cheering him as well, but not in the way I'm now cheering for Vettel. He's too much of an enemy. The one and only pilot in Ferrari has been Michael and I feel like still has to come one like him and probably it will never come.

NathanOlder

So why exactly do your friends ect dislike Lewis ?

Is there any chance the italian media (all ferrari fans as you said about italians heart beating ferrari) try and make him look bad ? Maybe you can link us to some articles/videos of Lewis on italian media so we can see what you mean. You may be totally right, but weve not seen any of it as of yet.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

justmoi
justmoi

Enrico shark wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 18:48
This has nothing to do with Instagram. I based this out of the Sky Italia interviews and is not actually my opinion, but the opinion of friends and other people with whom I talk about F1 when it comes to Lewis. My opinion is that, okay I don't love the guy, I recognise that if he would be driving for Ferrari I would be cheering him as well, but not in the way I'm now cheering for Vettel. He's too much of an enemy. The one and only pilot in Ferrari has been Michael and I feel like still has to come one like him and probably it will never come.
Whatever. Stick to the racing

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Enrico shark wrote:
Wtf... Without Vettel, Ferrari and Alonso would've won many titles, he's more an enemy than Hamilton if you're a Ferrari fan. Furthermore, Vettel is probably the most hateful driver on the grid. Don't care of his transition from Justin Bieber to the guys who jokes around in press conference. Humiliating his teamate during the RB years. Always bitching. Try to be the cool guy at Ferrari. The incident at Baku.
But I know Vettel is likeable because he don't have any social networks =D>

Zynerji

Did it rain during the British Gp weekend?

Very interested if Ferrari's troubles are down to a green track effect, as they tend to have Friday troubles as well...

Phil

Enrico shark wrote:
I very much appreciate your honesty. I am not going to argue with you or try to convince you of something else. I was just very interested, because your sentiment and the sentiment of your friends and other people match up with many of my own friends too (those that do follow F1).

Truth is - I've always wondered why. I do have some ideas however. From my friends at least, it seems most of them follow F1 from far more superficially. They are happy to watch the races, maybe some of the post-race interviews from their native broadcasts, but that's about it. They rarely go beyond that, as I do. Then again, I'm probably more "hardcore" than some. If you do follow the sport from that distance though, some drivers do come across as quite different.

I know for example that Hamilton comes across as cocky to some because of the "bling" he carries, the extravagance he portrays and the image he has built (is building) on his name. This doesn't carry over well to some people. To be honest, it's the things I least like about him too. But I suppose I follow him closer to be able to look beyond that to not have that impact my view of him. Sadly, most of my friends or people who I know that follow the sport, rarely show enough interest to go beyond their prejudice to actually give him a chance. To be fair, most of the people I am referring to are German-speaking. Hamilton rarely gets even some coverage on TV broadcast, I assume because most of his interviews need to be translated and thus are kept very short to the bare minimum. Vettel and others on the other hand get to talk to our local broadcasts in their native language. As such, they somehow get portrayed as the "local boy" being covered by the home team, if that makes any sense.

I would assume things to be quite similar in Italy, even if you get to watch the Sky broadcast. Vettel is the local hero, he even goes through the effort to speak Italian (lots of plus points in my book). My best bet is that Hamilton would be portrayed as the "the black horse" to some extent, just as Vettel and Ferrari are, I suppose, portrayed in the British press that way.

Following all drivers quite closely, I think Hamilton is great. He always comes across as very humble in pretty much all interviews I've seen. Vettel similarly, to be fair, though I think (and appreciate) that Vettel is far more diplomatic which is sometimes a very valuable quality. Hamilton on the other hand wears his heart on his sleeve, for good and bad. Having said that, I don't dislike Vettel. I think he is an extraordinary driver, as is his personality. Being a Hamilton supporter doesn't make me blind of that.

I do think though that most fans are very much influenced by the selective media they consume.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dans79

Phil wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 19:09
I do think though that most fans are very much influenced by the selective media they consume.
Yea, it's actually fairly frighting how blindly trusting your average person is of the media today, and not just about F1, but about anything put out by the media. Kind of reminds me of movies like wag the dog etc.
197 104 103 7

TAG

Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 18:13
TAG wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:50
Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 16:15
The crowd clearly got to Lewis..
And I for one was perfectly happy to see him stand up to them. The Mercedes PU comment being better, was sublime, just like his performance this weekend.
Everyone knows Mercedes has done an incredible job as has Lewis. It was a bit idiotic of the crowd to boo him. But the Vettel they were cheering today was once booed. The thing with Lewis is that he tries to suck up to the crowds for no reason. He tried, got booed and retaliated. I thought the Merc PU comment was stupid. It's just my opinion though.
Just your opinion, I understand that, but your facts are wrong, the booing started immediately after the anthems stopped at the interview had begun. So, yeah, my opinion too, and I'm sure the comment in Ferrariland stung Marchionne. The cannolies tonight will be filled with sorrow.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत