2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Morteza

2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

Tire Choices

2017 Results

2017 Pole Lap
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

F1NAC

Re: 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

They should put one drs zone between 13 and 14 with another detection at the end of that zone so the guy who has been overtaken can try to regain his lost position

ThumbsUp

F1NAC wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 11:15
They should put one drs zone between 13 and 14 with another detection at the end of that zone so the guy who has been overtaken can try to regain his lost position
Also between turn 3 and 4 is it possible, detection point between turn 2 and 3.. Heck they can put drs on all straights here :D

Vasconia

Last year the Mercedes were vastly superior on qualy but Vettel managed to win the race. Could it happen again?. High temperatures should benefit them and they were truly fast on the straights during the last race. Still, I see the Mercedes as the clear favourites.

RB should be clearly behind this time and perhaps Haas could be a threat for them.

TAG

Vasconia wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 14:44
Last year the Mercedes were vastly superior on qualy but Vettel managed to win the race. Could it happen again?.
I hope Vettel's luck continues to hold, otherwise I fear for Ferrari given the huge performance gap revealed in Australia.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ThumbsUp

There is a 3rd DRS zone coming for the Bahrein GP, and also for Baku and Canada as an experiment and IF the FIA thinks it's it works out they are going to do this on most circuits.

Source:
https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2372 ... t-circuits

Fulcrum

Getting to the point where they may as well make it everywhere you feel comfortable using it.

ThumbsUp

Just as they did a few years back in practice you could use it everywhere.. But the point is that if you can use it everywhere how are you going figure out who can use it. Then I would say remove DRS and get the KERS button back.

vanburin

ThumbsUp wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 15:37
Just as they did a few years back in practice you could use it everywhere.. But the point is that if you can use it everywhere how are you going figure out who can use it. Then I would say remove DRS and get the KERS button back.
Either a near infinite amount of detective zones (not practical) or simply when you are within 1 second of a car in front, no matter where on the circuit, you have the ability to engage DRS. It would be fun to see, even if it results in a select few areas of risk/reward on a curved-like straight. I'm thinking along the full straight section of Interlagos after Turns 13/14 and the Monaco tunnel to name a couple. Not sure how realistic this would be, if grip levels can be sustained through these sections with the DRS opened up.

GPR-A duplicate2

TAG wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 15:12
Vasconia wrote:
Last year the Mercedes were vastly superior on qualy but Vettel managed to win the race. Could it happen again?.
I hope Vettel's luck continues to hold, otherwise I fear for Ferrari given the huge performance gap revealed in Australia.
Will Mercedes bloat the pole sitter's tyres with excess pressure, again?

TAG

GPR-A wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 16:46
TAG wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 15:12
Vasconia wrote:
Will Mercedes bloat the pole sitter's tyres with excess pressure, again?
I think they're going to have to if we're going to drag this season out till Abu Dhabi.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

PlatinumZealot

The bad taste of Melbourne is still in my mouth. Such a shambles by Mercedes. Bahrain was a track that suited the Ferrari last year. Fortunately for Mercedes, the car characteristics seem to have flipped: Ferrari are fast on the straights and Merc are fast in the corners.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 29 Mar 2018, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dans79

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 17:18
The bad taste of Melbourne is still in my mouth. Such a shambles by Mercedes. This was a track that suited the Ferrari last year. Fortunately for Mercedes, the car characteristics seem to have flipped: Ferrari are fast on the straights and Merc are fast in the corners.
I think its was more that Merc didn't have their tire/set-up issue under control yet, than the track suiting Ferrari.
197 104 103 7

Gothrek

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 17:18
The bad taste of Melbourne is still in my mouth. Such a shambles by Mercedes. Bahrain was a track that suited the Ferrari last year. Fortunately for Mercedes, the car characteristics seem to have flipped: Ferrari are fast on the straights and Merc are fast in the corners.
No worries, all others already have a bad taste of 4 years of Mercedes dominance. You will get a good taste back later this year with another WCC/WDC

djos

vanburin wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 15:45
ThumbsUp wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 15:37
Either a near infinite amount of detective zones (not practical) or simply when you are within 1 second of a car in front, no matter where on the circuit, you have the ability to engage DRS. It would be fun to see, even if it results in a select few areas of risk/reward on a curved-like straight. I'm thinking along the full straight section of Interlagos after Turns 13/14 and the Monaco tunnel to name a couple. Not sure how realistic this would be, if grip levels can be sustained through these sections with the DRS opened up.
A good option would be to specify that you need to be within 1 second of the car in front for a particular duration so you have to earn it.
"In downforce we trust"