2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
techman
techman

Re: 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

I don't know why you are repeating your self with all that Mclaren vs RB chassis nonsense.
All the statements About best chassis and up there with RB if same engine etc was about previous year cars.
PREVIOUS YEAR. I am sure you understand that , even if you are trying to play fool about it.
They never said "Best chassis" this year and in fact they said they had to postpone their big aero update.

No one really knows how close to RB they would be last year if they had same engine, and that includes you.

This year RB obviously is not just an evolution. Its a Revolution regarding last years design, and they Obviously did an amazing job with the chassis.
Mclaren has their own problems to solve and their own mountain to climb but they never said anything about having best chassis this year. They hope they can narrow the gap, but its just what they hope. No one said they will manage to do it.
At the end of the year you and all of us can judge them. But for now, each time you have to say something about Mclaren you are sounding just like another classic Mclaren hater with none sense arguments.
if you want links i can give them mclaren claiming they going to compete with top 3 team with renault and getting podiums. i remember zak brown saying mclaren simulations show on some tracks they are quicker than redbull and other redbull stronger. Now there no H to hide so its natural they are getting exposed big time. Blame game will not last all the time because one day their incompetence will be exposed

techman
techman

top speed is awesome i just hope they go for 2 stopper rather than one stop and with good top speed it will make it easier to overtake

santos
santos

ian_s wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 18:21
proof that Haas copied ferraris car, ferrari having the same issue.........
:D you know that this already happened to others, and it will happen again, don't you?

miguelalvesreis
miguelalvesreis

Any data on those long runs?

Enviado do meu SM-T820 através do Tapatalk

DVB

Martin picking up the phone call from Niki to Toto @ live tv... Awesome!
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Toto saying GPS data showed Ferrari in a higher power mode so they’re not concerned about the quali sims. Redbull ahead on race pace. In other words, business as usual. Yawn.

Vasconia

JPBD1990 wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 18:47
Toto saying GPS data showed Ferrari in a higher power mode so they’re not concerned about the quali sims. Redbull ahead on race pace. In other words, business as usual. Yawn.
Last year and also in Australia Ferrari uses to improve a lot from Friday to Saturday, plus usually Mercedes is quite fast from the very first moment. When we saw Mercedes behind Ferrari(or RB) was because they actually had some issues. I am not sure that this is the case but its something to take into account. Long runs also show that they are behind which is not usual at all.

Bisonas

techman wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 18:29
I don't know why you are repeating your self with all that Mclaren vs RB chassis nonsense.
All the statements About best chassis and up there with RB if same engine etc was about previous year cars.
PREVIOUS YEAR. I am sure you understand that , even if you are trying to play fool about it.
They never said "Best chassis" this year and in fact they said they had to postpone their big aero update.

No one really knows how close to RB they would be last year if they had same engine, and that includes you.

This year RB obviously is not just an evolution. Its a Revolution regarding last years design, and they Obviously did an amazing job with the chassis.
Mclaren has their own problems to solve and their own mountain to climb but they never said anything about having best chassis this year. They hope they can narrow the gap, but its just what they hope. No one said they will manage to do it.
At the end of the year you and all of us can judge them. But for now, each time you have to say something about Mclaren you are sounding just like another classic Mclaren hater with none sense arguments.
if you want links i can give them mclaren claiming they going to compete with top 3 team with renault and getting podiums. i remember zak brown saying mclaren simulations show on some tracks they are quicker than redbull and other redbull stronger. Now there no H to hide so its natural they are getting exposed big time. Blame game will not last all the time because one day their incompetence will be exposed
I don't know what you can't understand. What ZB or EB said about simulations and being quicker on some tracks where about LAST YEARS cars and LAST YEARS simulations. If they where true or not, no own really knows. And above all none of us for sure really knows.
This year RB has a Revolutionary chassis compared to last year. They changed their whole aero philosophy and followed Ferraris approach. They did a AMAZING job this year, but this has nothing to do with what chassis they had last year.
EB said months ago that if they are 0.9s behind RB in same engine it certainly will not look good. There is nowhere to hide. They said that from the day the switch was announced.

And he was right, It doesn't look good in did, because they are 1s behind.
And they now saying, engine integration problems , postponed updates, new nose, etc etc.
But you are in no position to judge them.
You have to wait, we all do. They will be judged in the second half, or at the end of year. If they narrow that gap to less than 0.5s it will be a success for most of the ppl that has knowledge of F1.
That's their bet for this year.
But seriously your inability to understand basic things, and your obsession you have against Mclaren, as i said before, it just makes you another classic Mclaren hater with none sense arguments.

atanatizante

Some interesting speeds from various teams after FP2 (Gasly 326,Alonso 320km/h and Ricci almost the same as Bottas&Lewis) ...
On the same note Toto said on Sky that Ferrari turn their PU up compared to them on this session, according to their GPS cornering data ... so there are more to come in FP3 and qualy from their part ...

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

LM10
LM10

JPBD1990 wrote:
Redbull ahead on race pace? They were very fast, faster than Mercedes, but I can't read anywhere that they were faster than Ferrari. It seems that Ferrari was doing the fastest longruns, Redbull just behind and then comes Mercedes.

For example, towards the end Vettel did a 1:34.5 on 11 laps old Softs and Ricciardo did 1:35.0 on 17 laps old Softs.
Kimi looked very fast again. At some point of the practice Verstappen was the only driver to go under 1:36 because he was on fresh tyres. A few minutes later Kimi did a 1:35.4 on 20 laps old Supersofts out of nothing.

f1316
f1316

Vettel had some slower laps on the soft but if he turned in another 34 at the end then it can’t have been pure deg as was mooted on Sky commentary.

DVB

f1316 wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 19:21
Vettel had some slower laps on the soft but if he turned in another 34 at the end then it can’t have been pure deg as was mooted on Sky commentary.
They did the same thing in Melbourne tough
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

LM10 wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 19:02
JPBD1990 wrote:
Redbull ahead on race pace? They were very fast, faster than Mercedes, but I can't read anywhere that they were faster than Ferrari. It seems that Ferrari was doing the fastest longruns, Redbull just behind and then comes Mercedes.

For example, towards the end Vettel did a 1:34.5 on 11 laps old Softs and Ricciardo did 1:35.0 on 17 laps old Softs.
Kimi looked very fast again. At some point of the practice Verstappen was the only driver to go under 1:36 because he was on fresh tyres. A few minutes later Kimi did a 1:35.4 on 20 laps old Supersofts out of nothing.
What I posted was what Toto told Sky after FP2. I was watching on sky and they barely mentioned lap times on the long stints so I can’t verify it... but you can read somewhere that redbull were faster than Ferrari. Here! And that is according to Toto.

godlameroso

The question then becomes is the Honda a match for the Renault or is the Toro Rosso a low downforce low drag car? Regarding the tire, the soft compound is the race tire to be on it seems, although the super soft is probably still needed to qualify.

The race pace is all over the place, Red Bull seem to be the fastest, but that could be misleading, perhaps it's a race that will come down to tire wear in the first stint, and who pulls the trigger first on the pit stop. Doesn't look like a 2 stop race but it might be. I still think Mercedes takes it for qualifying, but the race will be much closer than we thought between the big 3.

In tier 2, things are much closer, but I still see Alonso as best of the rest, he has the pace and the "somehowness" that if there's even a slight opportunity to snatch a 7th-5th is realistic for him. Gasley has good pace and the TR Honda surprises me, will be interesting to see if they can maintain that pace for 57 laps. The Haas are faster than they let on, but they don't have the same advantage they had in testing and Australia, they still have the pace to get points. In tier 2 it's so close that whoever is leading that group will form a train.
Saishū kōnā

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

atanatizante wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 18:55
Some interesting speeds from various teams after FP2 (Gasly 326,Alonso 320km/h and Ricci almost the same as Bottas&Lewis) ...
On the same note Toto said on Sky that Ferrari turn their PU up compared to them on this session, according to their GPS cornering data ... so there are more to come in FP3 and qualy from their part ...

https://s17.postimg.org/n43tqex67/2018- ... n_View.jpg
Vettel got a tow twice from Hartley and Kimi had got one from Grosjean.

On Kimi's fastest run he did a 317.5 and Seb with the help of a tow did a 319.8
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...