2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, April 27-29

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Zynerji

Re: 2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, April 27-29

ripper wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:29
Wonderkid can't be wrong and can't be moved back in Toro Rosso. He's becoming dangerous for himself and other drivers, someone should tell him to calm down and stopping defending/attacking in that way.
Are those not the exact reasons Kvyat was sent back to STR? Give him some time to sort those things out?

JonoNic

Zynerji wrote:
ripper wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:24
So Verstappen will continue to move two or three times while defending? Excellent idea
...in a Torro Rosso.

Imagine a repeat with Gasley replacing Verstappen for Spain, and Gastley going on to win...

Might be helpful to have your guaranteed RBR driver for 2019 goto STR to push the PU development anyways.
Verstappen should not watch any reruns of 'Game of thrones'...
That call...
Always find the gap then use it.

Zynerji

JonoNic wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:31
Zynerji wrote:
ripper wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:24
So Verstappen will continue to move two or three times while defending? Excellent idea
...in a Torro Rosso.

Imagine a repeat with Gasley replacing Verstappen for Spain, and Gastley going on to win...

Might be helpful to have your guaranteed RBR driver for 2019 goto STR to push the PU development anyways.
Verstappen should not watch any reruns of 'Game of thrones'...
...or forget exactly how he got the RBR seat in the first place.

LM10
LM10

siskue2005 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:37
LM10 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:24
siskue2005 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:18

Vettel was running 3rd when he lucked to 1st during Safety car in Australia.
China Hamilton was running 4th and finished 4th, he didnt get any favour there.
Baku Lewis third??? he was in 2nd place...Bottas got lucky to jump them both during SC.

All in all the luck swings both ways..., there are 17 more races and we will see what happens.
Yes, Hamilton 3rd today because I don't think he would have been able to defend against Bottas on fresh US with a lead of just 3 seconds (if we consider 20-21 seconds Bottas would have lost in pit stop).
So by ur logic then Vettel only deserved 2nd today as Bottas would come 5 sec behind Vettel and with ultras he would have overtaken him too. :idea:
LM10 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:07

- Baku: Hamilton should have finished 3rd at best, but won and at the same time Vettel should have won, but came 4th
Bottas would have not come out 5 seconds behind Vettel, but like 9 to 10 seconds. With 11 laps left it would have been possible to overtake Vettel of course, but it would have been not so easy. On the other hand, Bottas would have come out just like 3 seconds behind Hamilton. If both had fighted for the second place at some point, it would have given Vettel even more of an advantage upfront.

NathanOlder

Bottas certainly should have won, and drove faultlessly today. But we do need to remember he was consistently well off the pace of his team mate who was doing his best to take the race to Ferrari. Also If Hamilton wasn't there, Vettel would have stayed out later.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

JonoNic

LM10 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:37
LM10 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:24
Yes, Hamilton 3rd today because I don't think he would have been able to defend against Bottas on fresh US with a lead of just 3 seconds (if we consider 20-21 seconds Bottas would have lost in pit stop).
So by ur logic then Vettel only deserved 2nd today as Bottas would come 5 sec behind Vettel and with ultras he would have overtaken him too. :idea:
LM10 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:07

- Baku: Hamilton should have finished 3rd at best, but won and at the same time Vettel should have won, but came 4th
Bottas would have not come out 5 seconds behind Vettel, but like 9 to 10 seconds. With 11 laps left it would have been possible to overtake Vettel of course, but it would have been not so easy. On the other hand, Bottas would have come out just like 3 seconds behind Hamilton. If both had fighted for the second place at some point, it would have given Vettel even more of an advantage upfront.
Yip. Sky was talking about a possible swap to put pressure on Vettel then swap back if it didn't work out

epo
epo

Vasconia wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:18
What a fustrating result for Ferrari, again, they should have won in China and also today where Vettel was the fastest guy on the track. But RB has again runied which was a perfect result and then Vettel has been to aggressive trying to overtake Bottas and he has failed, a shame. I am afraid they will remember those races if in Barcelona Mercedes brings better updates, I hope not.

Today was a very lucky day for lewis, another "not a great" peformance by him, he was going to end the race, once again behind Bottas and Vettes but he has received a good gift. Its being an underwhelming season for him but he is the leader, races are like that.

What the hell is going on Verstappen mind? he has ruined again his race and his team race, even the usually calm Ricciardo has ended the race being desperated. His defensive moves were behind any limit.

Great race by Carlos, who was being faster than Hulk, I hope this race can be a boost for him. Alonso as always being where a good race must be, another good result.

An impressive performance by leclerc, this guy has talent!
Saints was not faster then Hulkenberg, and yes you obviously because of Saints don't like Verstappen (who crushed him at STR) so keep your nonsense to yourself please.

JonoNic

If Ferrari (Vettel) won both last races then this season would have gone in the wrong direction for fans of F1. Keep it exciting please.

proteus

NathanOlder wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:54
JonoNic wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:51
That was strategic. Now British media can use it against Vettel. Hamilton knows that the bias British media reaches all English speaking countries.
siskue2005 wrote:Absolute class from Lewis there, I have seen certain Germans celebrate like maniacs after a win like that.
Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Does Lewis get more points because of the british media ?

Didnt think so, so why go on
I must say it would be very strange if the british media would not be in happy about a BRITISH driver, especially if he is a title contender...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

notsofast
notsofast

In a statement issued by the stewards, they noted that Verstappen had made two moves to defend his position
[...]
Both drivers expressed regret about their respective contributions to the incident, during the Stewards' hearing.
RBR needs both cars in the points to have any chance at all to get P2 in the constructor's championship. A penalty against Verstappen would have been detrimental. The stewards acknowledged that Verstappen made two moves. I'm thinking that RBR offered some kind of incentive to Ricciardo to get him to accept some of the blame, to avoid a penalty against Verstappen.

JonoNic

proteus wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
That was strategic. Now British media can use it against Vettel. Hamilton knows that the bias British media reaches all English speaking countries. Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I must say it would be very strange if the british media would not be in happy about a BRITISH driver, especially if he is a title contender...
Then allow other English speaking countries to write their own F1 articles without paying astronomical fees.

proteus

JonoNic wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:39
If Ferrari (Vettel) won both last races then this season would have gone in the wrong direction for fans of F1. Keep it exciting please.
I agree. And plus to that, Perez got to a podium, Leclerc to a fantastic 6th place, Alonso to 7th after an incident that wrote him off, Stroll to 8th which Williams bloody needs, Vandoorne to 9th with aparently undriveable setted car and Hartley to his first point.

I must say its a bit greedy from some people to be mad now because top 3 teams didnt take all the top 6 places...be happy for the scrappers as well....
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

ripper
ripper

Sirotkin will be punished with 3 places on starting grid in Barcelona and 2 points on his driving licence for first lap crash.

Vettel165

proteus wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:43
JonoNic wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:39
I agree. And plus to that, Perez got to a podium, Leclerc to a fantastic 6th place, Alonso to 7th after an incident that wrote him off, Stroll to 8th which Williams bloody needs, Vandoorne to 9th with aparently undriveable setted car and Hartley to his first point.

I must say its a bit greedy from some people to be mad now because top 3 teams didnt take all the top 6 places...be happy for the scrappers as well....
Agree even I didnt enjoy Vettel dominant years from 2011,2013, the 2010,2012 wins were much more enjoyable. A close fight with Vettel, Hamilton onboard is always good, really hope that Seb will come at the top this time. More than 400 points still remaining.

NathanOlder

proteus wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:40
NathanOlder wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
That was strategic. Now British media can use it against Vettel. Hamilton knows that the bias British media reaches all English speaking countries.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Exactly yet nearly every foreign person watching British Broadcasts go on about how biased they are.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC