2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, April 27-29

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
TAG

Re: 2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, April 27-29

George-Jung wrote:
02 May 2018, 09:38
Here an interview with Max, where he admits his fault.
"THAN" that settles it, then. :mrgreen:
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Sieper

But that is Ric!

sAx
sAx

falonso81 wrote:
01 May 2018, 22:46
George-Jung wrote:
01 May 2018, 22:05
flmkane wrote:
01 May 2018, 21:48
Back when Hamilton behaved like this in 2011, people criticized him in the same manner.
And look how that turned out..
Well, lets see. He got his 1st title gifted to him by Ferrari. His other 3 titles gifted to him by a dominant car. He even lost 1 title to Rosberg. Oh pls, half the grid would have 4 titles if they drove the cars Hamilton had.
If half the grid had access to the McLaren MP4-24, imagine what they we would have done with it!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Sieper

itwasntme wrote:
02 May 2018, 14:26
bonjon1979 wrote:
02 May 2018, 14:21
itwasntme wrote:
02 May 2018, 14:14

Ericsson destroyed his car's rear view mirror on lap 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiPtwSshFCh/
I suggest you look at the Higher definition version on the Skysports site. You can clearly see that the while they might be shaking you can see the reflection in the mirror. Also watch closely at K-Mags head, as he rounds the corner on to the straight he looks across at his left mirror and then moves across. Down the straight he keeps looking to the left mirror and then back straight. It's plain to see that he's looking in his mirror.
You're right. Sorry
The only defense for Magnussen is that from his own on board it seems he leaves (just) enough room, form Gaslys onboard and the trackside camera’s we can clearly see this wasn’t the case but just maybe Magnussen still thought what he did was ok.

iotar__

Sieper wrote:
02 May 2018, 22:14
The only defense for Magnussen is that from his own on board it seems he leaves (just) enough room, form Gaslys onboard and the trackside camera’s we can clearly see this wasn’t the case but just maybe Magnussen still thought what he did was ok.
Looks like reprimand for Gasly to me, although I would wait for Brawn's opinion :roll: . Unless this time he wasn't pushed in front to cover cheating. Watching Ver-Ricc replays is infuriating:

- They could have chosen 2 or 2,5 reasons for a penalty. Forget about 2 moves, one late move like that is enough, blocking across (1) (in connection with slowing down (1,5)) and causing a collision, two moves (2,5).

- Coulthard is the worst: he told what everyone saw including himself but backwards. Ricciardo - moved right, MV moved to block, DR moved left, MV moved left to block, slowed down and caused a collision. Coulthard:
"Daniel has to take responsiblity, the door just wasn't open"
What #-o? At the time of both moves there was enough space BEFORE Verstappen illegaly blocked it, 2nd time with no place/time to react. Ricciardo ended up in the back? Yes, he was quicker, that's what overtake is until move-block-collision happens.

sosic2121

iotar__ wrote:
03 May 2018, 04:02
Coulthard is the worst
+1

Steven
Owner

The Verstappen - Ricciardo incidents has been split off into its own topic.
:arrow: 2018 Azerbaijan GP - Verstappen, Ricciardo clash

I'll pass through the thread again later today, but feel to report posts that you feel still need to be moved there.

NathanOlder

sosic2121 wrote:
03 May 2018, 10:07
iotar__ wrote:
03 May 2018, 04:02
Coulthard is the worst
+1
Couldn't agree more, so glad Ch4 got him and Sky didn't want him!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Phil

You guys are crazy. In what way is Coulthard bad? He's an ex F1 driver, has loads of experience, is very insightful. You should try watching some of the German broadcasts where none of that is existent. I guarantee, you'd shoot yourself before the first commercial hits (yes, there are commercials during the broadcasts).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Manoah2u

Coulthard is annoying and only ego-tripping living on his own cloud of his own arrogance. He's like Eddie Jordan only is eddie jordan screaming and jumping about loaded on energy drinks screaming for attention.

either way, can't stand them. i think Sky does it great. i think johnny herbert is a bit of a caricature from time to time, but i think atleast he is simply an honest guy who is who he is and doesn't really bother what others think. as for Martin Brundle, he's stable and ok, but he's always talking about exactly the same and it's boring imho by now, even though it's not annoying (yet).
Crofty is ok, i think Simon Lazenby is pretty steady too, and i think Hill makes a good addition, whom asks the right questions in interviews and does it with respect.
I think Ted is an annoying little %^&* and i can't say Craig Slater is much better. i don't see much benefit from Anthony Davidson or Di Resta, but i'm neither negative towards them.

but in case of 'the incident', coulthard was right imho. but i don't want to put fuel to the fire here. it is what it is.

now let's pay attention to gasly, magnussen, sirotkin, grosjean, etc. during the race
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

jz11

Manoah2u wrote:
03 May 2018, 18:01

but in case of 'the incident', coulthard was right imho. but i don't want to put fuel to the fire here. it is what it is.
"this is fire, I'm pouring gasoline in it,I don't want to, but it is what it is..."

:D

AnotherAlex

Phil wrote:
03 May 2018, 17:38
You guys are crazy. In what way is Coulthard bad? He's an ex F1 driver, has loads of experience, is very insightful. You should try watching some of the German broadcasts where none of that is existent. I guarantee, you'd shoot yourself before the first commercial hits (yes, there are commercials during the broadcasts).
I can't comment on the German broadcasts but I'm with you regarding David Coulthard - I'd say he's my favourite commentator since the Murray Walker/James Hunt pairing of my youth. Similarly I have a lot of time for Karun Chandhok's contributions, also typically insightful and informative.

Andres125sx

Sieper wrote:
02 May 2018, 22:14
itwasntme wrote:
02 May 2018, 14:26
bonjon1979 wrote:
02 May 2018, 14:21

I suggest you look at the Higher definition version on the Skysports site. You can clearly see that the while they might be shaking you can see the reflection in the mirror. Also watch closely at K-Mags head, as he rounds the corner on to the straight he looks across at his left mirror and then moves across. Down the straight he keeps looking to the left mirror and then back straight. It's plain to see that he's looking in his mirror.
You're right. Sorry
Disagree, Magnussen said he had sever vibrations and couldn´t see anything on his mirrors. If you look at his onboard it´s easy to see how his left mirror lost rigidity and is shaking, and also we can see he does not make any weird wheel movement, he´s on the normal racing line, so even when I initially agreed with Gasly about Magnussen move being one of the most dangerous in recent seasons, after reading his argumentation and watching his onboard I really think it was involuntary, very dangerous, but not on purpose

Andres125sx

Jolle wrote:
01 May 2018, 23:13
NathanOlder wrote:
01 May 2018, 22:51
falonso81 wrote:
01 May 2018, 22:46

Well, lets see. He got his 1st title gifted to him by Ferrari. His other 3 titles gifted to him by a dominant car. He even lost 1 title to Rosberg. Oh pls, half the grid would have 4 titles if they drove the cars Hamilton had.
joking right ? haters gotta hate. You are sooooo wrong.

half the field would have 4 titles if they drove the cars Alonso had :lol: (this IS a joke, but its at the same level as your joke)
then the same would apply for anybody who drove for McLaren during the 80is, like Lauda, Prost, Senna.... or Williams in the 90ies, Ferrari in the 2000's....

One of things that makes a good driver into a great driver, is being in the right car at the right time.
Oh my god, there´s a long time since I read something I disagree as strongly as this.

There are a load of great drivers who never drove the right car, Giles Villeneuve is just an example, while there are others who drove the right car at the right time, but will never be considered one of the greats, Jenson Button or Nico Rosberg comes to mind.

Driving the right car at the right time is a matter of luck, nothing more and nothing less, no driver can know what will be a great car and what will not before the season starts, and contracts are signed way before the season starts. If you talk with any top team before the season starts, I´m sure all of them will provide convicing arguments about how competitive they will be, all of them are top teams but at the same time none of them knows what´s in the oven of the other top teams

Sieper

[/quote]

Disagree, Magnussen said he had sever vibrations and couldn´t see anything on his mirrors. If you look at his onboard it´s easy to see how his left mirror lost rigidity and is shaking, and also we can see he does not make any weird wheel movement, he´s on the normal racing line, so even when I initially agreed with Gasly about Magnussen move being one of the most dangerous in recent seasons, after reading his argumentation and watching his onboard I really think it was involuntary, very dangerous, but not on purpose
[/quote]

I always have a hard time believing that, especially when the move is on just the right time to hinder the opponent. For me the alleviating factor is as said that from Magnussen car it looks still OK to do. On motorsport.com this was also being discussed and apparently on the high def images you can clearly see Gasly in the mirror (and see Magnussen look).