2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

I hate to seem like I'm jumping on this particular bandwagon, but I am starting to think that Vandoorne might be costing the team points.

Some of you data crunchers out there, how does SV's performance vs FA compare with other teammates up and down the grid?

I for one want to see the 2nd driver there, or thereabouts, with the lead driver to maximise points for the team. If SV was performing even a little better then Mclaren could be clear of Renault in 4th in the WCC.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

diffuser

Alonso Fan wrote:
27 May 2018, 17:29
Redragon wrote:
27 May 2018, 17:03
No more excuses. Less cockiness and more modesty and hard work. The three heads should go Boullier, Brown and Neale.
Chill man. Just a bad race.
Wasn't a bad race, was a good race. ALO was gonna have a DNF at some point. Last race on this PU and Gearbox. So hopefully they learn from the gearbox issue and Renault from the PU issue.

PlatinumZealot

Again the slowest Renault powered chassis. Hope the Canada upgrades work.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

makecry
makecry

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 May 2018, 18:39
Again the slowest Renault powered chassis. Hope the Canada upgrades work.
Factually wrong.ALO had better pace than Sainz and Hulk.

BrunoH
BrunoH

Alonso is easy making the Mclaren in race pace 0.3 to 0.5 seconds faster than it should be with any other regular f1 driver.
Problem is i dont see him next year in Mclaren.
A Shame for the Gear box issue, wold have been again some good points for them.
Alonso is very good in Canada, hope Mclaren match it with a good working upgrade .

Question, is the Renault update coming for Canada?

Alonso Fan

diffuser wrote:
27 May 2018, 18:14
Alonso Fan wrote:
27 May 2018, 17:29
Redragon wrote:
27 May 2018, 17:03
No more excuses. Less cockiness and more modesty and hard work. The three heads should go Boullier, Brown and Neale.
Chill man. Just a bad race.
Wasn't a bad race, was a good race. ALO was gonna have a DNF at some point. Last race on this PU and Gearbox. So hopefully they learn from the gearbox issue and Renault from the PU issue.
Well, yes. I meant bad result. But other than that the race was decent
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

mwillems

Vandoorne was doing well today, again. He just got dumped on by the team to protect Alonso. He's doing OK this season, but can't catch a break.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

GoranF1
GoranF1

diffuser wrote:
27 May 2018, 17:17
makecry wrote:
27 May 2018, 17:08
GoranF1 wrote:
27 May 2018, 16:55
Mclaren has a terrible car.
Alonso did a 17.0x with softs tires and almost 3/5ths of tank of fuel when he was in clean air. They had really good race pace in clean air.

I don't think you can look at anybodies raw pace except for Max ...he did a 1:14 in a couple of laps.

Especially Alonso ...he knows what it takes and he'll put-in the times he needs, no more.

McLaren was faster Renault.
Absolutley not!
You can make that conclusion when both Mclarens are faster than other team.
Alonso might have been faster but Vandoorne was slower than Renault, FI,and TR barely faster than Haas.
So,same old story....Alonso makes the car look fast, in reality its slow.

I am 200% sure Alonso would be very close(not in the same pace) but very close to top 3 teams in a Renault.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

GoranF1
GoranF1

diffuser wrote:
27 May 2018, 17:23
TheGkbrk wrote:
27 May 2018, 17:11
GoranF1 wrote:
27 May 2018, 16:55
Mclaren has a terrible car.
This again?
Think GoranF1 is a little frustrated with ALO's retirement.

That's true.....TBH i am little bit tired of looking Alonso fight for 7th and call it a sucess.
I mean after last 3 years its great but in reality its sad for both Alonso and Mclaren to celebrate P7.

loner

and suddenly SVD got a big mouth ...
para bellum.

McL-H
McL-H

“It was quite a boring race: I was cruising around in seventh position as there were barely any yellow flags or Safety Cars.

“I’m obviously disappointed because this was our first retirement of the season today. First, I felt a loss of power and then I was somehow stuck in fifth gear. It’s painful because we had seventh place in the bag.

We were the fourth fastest car around here this weekend, and seventh in the race is what we would have deserved.

“There’s nothing we can do about it now, but we obviously need to improve our reliability for the forthcoming races.”
Fernando Alonso on the team’s website.

It was a good race of him and the car showed good pace. Just a shame it let him down, but that’s racing. I don’t understand people complaining at the car right at this moment. No, it’s not top level.. but I thought that was pretty clear for quite some time now. If they can be in front of midfield, then they have excelled. And maybe.. just maybe.. that’s the most we should expect of them in the future. At least until budget cap comes around or they find a solid engine partner.

adrianjordan

GoranF1 wrote:
27 May 2018, 22:00
diffuser wrote:
makecry wrote:
27 May 2018, 17:08

Alonso did a 17.0x with softs tires and almost 3/5ths of tank of fuel when he was in clean air. They had really good race pace in clean air.

I don't think you can look at anybodies raw pace except for Max ...he did a 1:14 in a couple of laps.

Especially Alonso ...he knows what it takes and he'll put-in the times he needs, no more.

Absolutley not!
Alonso might have been faster but Vandoorne was slower than Renault, FI,and TR barely faster than Haas.

I am 200% sure Alonso would be very close(not in the same pace) but very close to top 3 teams in a Renault.
I love how Alonso can bend the laws of physics and make a car faster than itnis capable of actually going....

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

RonDennis
RonDennis

Alonso is great, but Vandoorne is simply too slow. Just look at the pace of Norris at tests.

GoranF1
GoranF1

adrianjordan wrote:
27 May 2018, 22:51
GoranF1 wrote:
27 May 2018, 22:00
diffuser wrote:

Absolutley not!

I love how Alonso can bend the laws of physics and make a car faster than itnis capable of actually going....

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
Its been like this since 2008 renault.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Adrian
Alonso bends the laws of phisics in 2006!!!

https://youtu.be/AFVRoH9nUtI