2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonso Fan

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

GhostF1 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 16:01
Alonso Fan wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 15:39
GhostF1 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 12:22

Probably, but thats a good thing.
Still a better methodology than saying no to the engine manufacturer when they request more room to increase reliability and performance..
TR granted that and look what we see, a huge improvement. And even after the size increase, McLaren signing Renault, probably because of the equally French Eric Boullier, are lumped with a larger and heavier unit if Adrian Newey's comments are to be believed.
But red bull packaging it tight would effectively be doing the same thing. They'd be 'forcing' it into a tighter space than its currently been running in the Toro Rosso

And we both know mclaren requested a size and Honda agreed. No one forced anyone
I didn't say they didn't agree to parameters in 2015. I said they requested more space and we're denied it by McLaren years later... So yeah, obviously no teamwork going on there.

RBR will act as a works team. There will be genuine back and forth between the two and I highly doubt Red Bull will do anything to sacrifice reliability based on the past 3 years.

I'm not sure why you are so anti-Honda, even now. Based on Renault's reliability this year with turbo's dropping left right and centre, you should be just as critical of them. I can't deal with wildly speculative claims of failure and doom for a car & PU package that doesn't even exist yet..
I am not anti Honda. Sorry if I came across that way. But in no way am I against Honda. I merely had a humourous stab on the forum, regarding some things certain people have been requesting from Toro Rosso recently (slimmer bodywork and higher downforce setups) and then called someone out on the crap they posted.

The reason I may come across as more in favour of mclaren is because my favourite driver drives for them. And also people shift the blame for the demise of the partnership all onto mclaren where the reality is that both sides failed in their own way and both were equally responsible.

Any how let's get this back on topic.
Hartley is OK. Honda has been looking good at least in the power side of things this year too. We see them developing out of the spotlight and making progress. But next year they will be back in the spotlight. And a brighter one than before
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 07 Jul 2018, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

McMika98

Decent quali, given all the issues throughout the weekend. Honda engine definitely as good if not better than Renault with the new Quali mode.

techman

good performance, i think if they can get their new aero update work then it will be quite close to Q3

Sayeman

McMika98 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 16:21
Decent quali, given all the issues throughout the weekend. Honda engine definitely as good if not better than Renault with the new Quali mode.
Still near the bottom of the pile though speedwise
Never Give up.

techman

one stopper will be hard here in silverstone. 2 stopper can work becuase blistering can happening with the hot climate

restless

am I the only one who thinks its like 2017 again for TR updates?
They bring updates... and they don't work
When they change to older spec results are same and slowly the team goes down the ladder

Zynerji

restless wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 08:24
When they change to older spec results are same and slowly the team goes down the ladder
That's exactly what happens when a F1 team runs on a shoe string budget.

McMika98

Just a perspective, the way the Haas and Saubers have climbed up the field with limited budget but input from Ferrari has been refreshing. Redbull should be doing the same as TR have a decent baseline. The saubers have been interesting because i dont see new parts on the car but they have made significant gains.

Ground Effect

I don't expect Mclaren level financial commitment from Honda to Toro Rosso, (they already made that clear) but surely they should be some significant cash injection to help the team move forward. It's a new power unit, different layout, which will affect the aero philosophy. They've got a proven design team, but they would do better with more funds.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

kasio

Ground Effect wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 10:47
I don't expect Mclaren level financial commitment from Honda to Toro Rosso, (they already made that clear) but surely they should be some significant cash injection to help the team move forward. It's a new power unit, different layout, which will affect the aero philosophy. They've got a proven design team, but they would do better with more funds.
hmm. this is interesting question. where that more money would go? salaries, equipment, somewhere else. more cash its like i do not understand that term. if we talk about more people i think its not always better especially if you need to teach them i guess which in the middle of season would look quite impossible.

restless

Zynerji wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 08:46
restless wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 08:24
That's exactly what happens when a F1 team runs on a shoe string budget.
But between seasons they work well and usually start fine... hence why in-season updates are such disaster ?!

HPD

New ICE for Hartley
Why? I have no idea :lol:

Revs84

HPD wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 12:14
New ICE for Hartley
Why? I have no idea :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dhk0rQYW4AA0yn9.jpg
They're introducing new parts because it makes sense to do so. Brandon is starting from the pit and Honda are sending the PU to Sakura for further investigation just in case.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hart ... h-1057550/

restless

it could be damaged - the hit was pretty strong

McMika98

Toro Rosso losing "crazy" time on the straights - Gasly https://motorsport.com/f1/news/toro-ros ... y-1057491/

Damm. Both RedBull and Toro Rosso drivers making noise. Cant see how he pulled 9 tenths on the Force India on the corners with the old package. Race will be pretty lame by looks of things.