2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

JonoNic wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:59
Hamilton had a wingman and Raikkonen didn't.
so why is that? answer it.. :wink:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

cplchanb
cplchanb

apexcontrol wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:46
WINGMAN bottas to the rescue wahahaha, ......it's unbelievble never seen 2 champions that are so bad, if ferrari is smart they will do the same and let kimi kill hamilton a few times

you cant make this up ......bottas literary said yes ..... needed to block kimi. .....what a damn idiots
you my friend need a dose of history.. first of all this is a team sport where there are 2 drivers. At any time the team can employ team orders to ensure the best result for the team and theres nothing the driver can do about it. Second of all schumi, hakk, vet, and all the previous champions had their #2 to count on when push came to shove. you can clearly see that in the schumi years, 2011-13, 98/99. Only in the years where the top car had the luxury of being so far ahead that there were no team tactics.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

cplchanb wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:20
apexcontrol wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:46
WINGMAN bottas to the rescue wahahaha, ......it's unbelievble never seen 2 champions that are so bad, if ferrari is smart they will do the same and let kimi kill hamilton a few times

you cant make this up ......bottas literary said yes ..... needed to block kimi. .....what a damn idiots
you my friend need a dose of history.. first of all this is a team sport where there are 2 drivers. At any time the team can employ team orders to ensure the best result for the team and theres nothing the driver can do about it. Second of all schumi, hakk, vet, and all the previous champions had their #2 to count on when push came to shove. you can clearly see that in the schumi years, 2011-13, 98/99. Only in the years where the top car had the luxury of being so far ahead that there were no team tactics.
yeah it just say about enough about hamiton and vettel, glad that they are @ the end of there lifespan in this sport.
bottas is just awfull driving like chicane,

Shrieker

Fulcrum wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:18
I agree with your other points. Also, there was no need for Raikkonen to use his tyres so heavily after his first stop. Why were Ferrari advising Raikkonen so poorly? It felt like quite naive strategy on their part.
Yes, I agree fully. Ferrari found a way to literally screw Kimi over, yet again. Once the gap was below 22 seconds to Hamilton, it was a lost cause for him to pit and jump Kimi. Yet Ferrari had Kimi push push push for many laps after that. When in reality the only thing they needed to do was cool it off a bit and try look after the tires, especially the rears. They managed Raikkonen's race horribly and gave the win away to Hamilton on a silver platter.

I honestly think Ferrari had the faster car (albeit not by much), but their no 1 driver, and race management from the pits were not on par during the race.
Last edited by Shrieker on 02 Sep 2018, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Schuttelberg

Great race. Hamilton is going to be impossible to beat in this form. To all those blokes that are blaming Vettel for his first lap crash, they really need to check their biased. He was racing, on the inside and he can't suddenly disappear. It was two world champions neither willing to lift. That's racing. Hamilton could very well have come out in tears in that while Vettel could have continued on. If you're a racing driver, you're not going to yield there. Hamilton had more to lose since he's ahead in the race and even he didn't back off! Top stuff to be honest!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

subcritical71

Shrieker wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:26
I honestly think Ferrari had the faster car (albeit not by much), but their no 1 driver, and race management from the pits were not on par during the race.
Hasn’t this been the issue since the beginning of last year. It’s not enough to be faster, they need to be faster by a good gap in order to make up for their on track decisions.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

To be honest, after the safety car restart, when Hamilton passed Raikkonen, that was potentially the end of the race right there. Credit to Raikkonen for the return pass round the outside into Variante della Roggia. I appreciated the additional 30+ tense laps.

DVB

Shrieker wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:54
Verstappen what a petulant little child ! People like him and Alonso are pure undiluted cancer. He should take note how no one wanted Alonso despite his skills. But he won't; cause he's sick.
Language!
Information
This post has already been reported.
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Alonso would say: 'Karma'
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

LM10
LM10

Congratulations to Hamilton. He won fair and square. Deserved win.
Vettel should have concentrated on defending against Hamilton instead of opening the gap. A bit of misfortune that he damaged his car, but it was a racing incident, so nothing to discuss there.

I was at the track, btw. Right at the first chicane where the most action was. It was a fantastic experience. :)
As soon as Vettel was overtaken by Vettel and lost several places I knew that Kimi would not be able to hold Hamilton back. All the Kimi-Fans cheered as this happened. Another Ferrari-fan told them that it was not nice to cheer and they told him that this way Kimi would win. I told myself “I don’t think so, unfortunately..”. :)

Another btw.: The engines are quite loud, to be honest. Honda and Mercedes are clearly the loudest, then Renault slightly behind and Ferrari engines clearly with least noise.

stuartpengs

Zynerji wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:45
foxmulder_ms wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:44
Juzh wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:41

yeah, there was no need for extra fakes. They just looked at the times and were ready each lap. In the end rai had enough pace to prevent overcut, so they just left hamilton out a few more laps.

They did it twice. I dont think they were "fake". They just wanted do go for the opposite strategy for the 1st one. For the 2nd one they would have entered if the times by Hamilton were worse than Rai on softs, they weren't.
Once on the lap Rai pitted, then both laps after...

3 times
Why dummy a pitstop after Kimi had already pitted? It's not like it's going to force them to put again. :? After Kimi had pitted the mechanics came out in case Ham wanted to pit. It's not to force an opponent into a sub-optimal strategy as they've already pitted.
Last edited by stuartpengs on 02 Sep 2018, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

Shrieker

Schuttelberg wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:27
Great race. Hamilton is going to be impossible to beat in this form. To all those blokes that are blaming Vettel for his first lap crash, they really need to check their biased. He was racing, on the inside and he can't suddenly disappear. It was two world champions neither willing to lift. That's racing. Hamilton could very well have come out in tears in that while Vettel could have continued on. If you're a racing driver, you're not going to yield there. Hamilton had more to lose since he's ahead in the race and even he didn't back off! Top stuff to be honest!
https://archive.org/details/overtakefan ... Grand.Prix , 53:57
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

turbof1

if the tone if some persons does not improve, we will be forced to temporary lock the topic and hand out warnings. Please, stay respectful, but to eachother AND the drivers.
#AeroFrodo

NathanOlder

apexcontrol wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:59
Phil wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:51
langedweil wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:49
Probably gonna be flamed for it, but I’d say that rewarding Bottas’s non-racing capabilities is exactly what is wrong nowadays .. an operator instead of a racer.
Why? He got the best result that was possible for him today. Clearly he was struggling this weekend, but he still got the max from his position.
max from his position in a car that is way quicker ? ................only thing worth mentioning is that is was screwing up the race of kimi.

bottas is the disgrace, hamiton uses to win, even win vettel screws up again. hami need help AGAIN.

them shame thos drivers
I love reading your comments. Are all the Hamilton haters as angry and sad right now?

Dude just calm it a bit. Merc now using Ferrari tactics make it an even fight now. This season is a classic already.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Shrieker

DVB wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 17:33
Shrieker wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 16:54
Verstappen what a petulant little child ! People like him and Alonso are pure undiluted cancer. He should take note how no one wanted Alonso despite his skills. But he won't; cause he's sick.
Language!
Information
This post has already been reported.
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Alonso would say: 'Karma'
B...hurt Alonso and Verstappen fanbois you say ? Finally we're getting rid of the former; it will make F1 less toxic and better overall. Maybe some people will miss the fake drama he creates. As for the latter, he's proven he's incapable of learning from his mistakes. The only thing we can hope now is that he gets slammed with penalties for his antics; which I have no doubt he'll keep attempting.
-Atatürk

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Rumours are that Raikkonen has lost his seat. How the hell will that help Vettel? Why should Raikkonen help Ferrari now?