2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GrandAxe

Re: 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

DutchDopey wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 23:29
Wynters wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 23:11
DutchDopey wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 22:23
Max never thought Ocon would continue to attack... There was no reason for that whatsoever, so he just did not expect it and went for his raceline.
Then that's a failing of Max, not Ocon. Ocon was on fresh tyres, was much faster than Max (at that point in the race) and is involved in his own battles with the rest of the midfield so needed to make the most of that fresh rubber. Max needs to remember that just because most of the drivers aren't driving for Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull doesn't mean they aren't racing.
You really think Ocon could have stayed in front of Max,how would that ever be possible. If Ocon would have made it before Max in this corner, more blue flags would have been needed. So how, when,what... I really don’t see any reason other than to hinder Max for his action, there is none. Ocon would have to give up his place just a few corners later, if it wasn’t the next.
You can't blue flag a faster driver, an unlapping car can't be blue flagged.

turbof1

dans79 wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 23:55
turbof1 wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 23:35
So Verstappen has to do 2 days of public service. I think that seems like a good action against his behaviour. Putting a positive twist to the story atleast.
2 days is ridiculous, it should be more like 2 weeks. One of these days Max is going to mess with the wrong person, and it's going to cost him dearly! Max's actions on and off the track are signs of underlying issues that are only going to get worse, and not everyone on this planet is bound by the rules of a sport governing body.
I can tell you that 2 days of public service working with for instance traffic victims can be a shocking experience. Long ago my middle school did that for an activity afternoon. That's something you'll never forget. I think it's appropiate.
#AeroFrodo

TwanV

I haven't seen Verstappen's push just finished watching the race.. But I can't believe people here are saying it somehow is max fault for being hit by a backmarker. Get your act together people, it's a cardinal sin. Ocon should be happy not to have a one race ban, just terrible.

nzjrs

TwanV wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 00:05
I haven't seen Verstappen's push just finished watching the race.. But I can't believe people here are saying it somehow is max fault for being hit by a backmarker. Get your act together people, it's a cardinal sin. Ocon should be happy not to have a one race ban, just terrible.
Video of Ocon hunting down Verstappen

https://streamable.com/0bynn
Last edited by nzjrs on 12 Nov 2018, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

dans79

turbof1 wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 00:02
dans79 wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 23:55
turbof1 wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 23:35
So Verstappen has to do 2 days of public service. I think that seems like a good action against his behaviour. Putting a positive twist to the story atleast.
2 days is ridiculous, it should be more like 2 weeks. One of these days Max is going to mess with the wrong person, and it's going to cost him dearly! Max's actions on and off the track are signs of underlying issues that are only going to get worse, and not everyone on this planet is bound by the rules of a sport governing body.
I can tell you that 2 days of public service working with for instance traffic victims can be a shocking experience. Long ago my middle school did that for an activity afternoon. That's something you'll never forget. I think it's appropiate.
You are assuming that the person serving the time has the traits to learn from and be effected by such events. Imo, he will serve his time, and probably have even more contempt for the FIA, stewards, and other drivers than he currently displays.

This quote from Max screams narcissistic personality.
https://www.racefans.net/2018/11/11/ver ... -a-winner/
“I don’t care what those people say,” said Verstappen. “I’m a winner. You get taken out like that, to get a stupid response from his side as well, I was not happy about that.”
His team principle should be keeping him away from the press and sitting him down and telling him to shut his mouth before he makes it any worse. Instead, Horner is all but justifying max's actions.
Last edited by dans79 on 12 Nov 2018, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
197 104 103 7

TwanV

Just unbelievable, I have never ever ever seen this ever before. Thank god Max is not PC

dans79

TwanV wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 00:17
Thank God Max is not PC
politically correct?
197 104 103 7

wesley123

TwanV wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 00:05
It was Max who decided to cut T2 like that, knowing Ocon would be there.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

zeph

To me both Verstappen and Ocon are at fault. Maybe Ocon should have been a little less ambitious, but Verstappen certainly left him nowhere to go.

With the way this season has gone, I can’t help but feel Max got a taste of his own medicine here.

TwanV

Yeah but can you imagine that Ocon was even there? Ocons race pace a lap down half way through the race, unlapping justified? Just mindblowingly dumb.
Last edited by TwanV on 12 Nov 2018, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

NathanOlder

Max got what he deserved. Punted off for thinking he has god given rights. Like many have said, he drives like he has won 7 titles, when the boy hasn't even won 7 races.

Ocon was passing him, I think people are getting confused and think Max was in the process of passing Ocon. If that was the case, yes it would have been much worse. Ocon spent nearly 2 laps on Max's tail, then went for a pass. Was 80% alongside up the inside and Max just turned in to him.
Last edited by NathanOlder on 12 Nov 2018, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

gshevlin

“I don’t care what those people say,” said Verstappen. “I’m a winner. You get taken out like that, to get a stupid response from his side as well, I was not happy about that.”
Um, major attack of entitlement syndrome there. Somebody needs to sit him down behind closed doors and tell him how and when to keep his mouth shut.

Sieper

Thanks for the Ocon on board, he was really Chasing the race lead down on his fresh SS, he totally went for it.

Max will have learned from this.

F1NAC

what was the difference for him? Finish 15th or 14th (don't know exactly what position was he on )

dans79

TwanV wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 00:25
Yeah but can you imagine that Ocon was even there? Ocons race pace a lap down half way through the race, unlapping justified? Just mindblowingly dumb.
He just came out of the pits, and was much faster than Max, because he was on brand new SS. He is 100% entitled to pass the leader and unlap himself. Ocon had like 3/4ths of his car along side Max entering Turn 2, and max left him zero room that's why they collided.
197 104 103 7