2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 9-11 November

Watched the race yesterday...

Another mistake from Vettel, this is becoming recurrent :o

Lewis is on a different league

I´m happy for Kimi, another podium

Verstappen-Ocon, I think what Ocon did was not that bad, his mistake as he´s the lapped car, but if un-lapping is not banned and he was faster due to the new SS tires, he had to try. I´d ban un-lapping to prevent this again.

Then Verstappen did the real big mistake. Violence (because you don´t need to punch someone to use violence) should be light years from any top sport. They´re proffesionals, or they should be. Max is not, just an spoiled baby #-o With awesome driving skills, but I think people around him told him way too much when he´s just a kid, and RBR continue repeating this big mistake. They´re causing one of the greatest talents in last decade to become a cocky person with really poor manners...

About the rest, Alonso in my eyes is already out of F1 even if the pitstop strategy and pitstop itself were very harmful for him.

Lecrerc, just wow, I can´t wait to see him driving for Ferrari
Last edited by Andres125sx on 13 Nov 2018, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan

bill shoe wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 08:34

Marko also implied that Ocon has a Mercedes-funded drive for 2020, and Toto Wolff's response had a distinct lack of refuting that assertion. So maybe losing Ocon is just temporary for 2019?
Marko talks rubbish. Why anyone pays attention to a single word he says is beyond me.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Godius

Every driver on the grid knows that overtaking the RB14 in a corner is a mission impossible, and this guy wants to do it in a Force India. If Ocon was faster then he should have waited for the second DRS-zone to pass him easily. It's not surprising to me why Ocon is not not liked by the drivers and has no F1 seat for next year.

Andres125sx

He actually pass him before the corner, but then Max, thanks to be on the inner line, recover the lead, but Ocon has passed him completely before that

RBR is the best cornering wise..... with equal tires, but that was not the case, FI was on new SS, RBR was on used M... or S, can´t remind, but the point remains the same, FI had a huge tire advantage

GPR-A

Good wake up call for Max and should make him a better driver. If that is how he is going to race when he has a championship winning car AND if he is racing Hamilton, it is given that he is going to lose the championship. All Hamilton has to do is put some pressure and he would crack.

His shoving of Ocon doesn't put him in the good books of anyone looking for a brand ambassador either. The more he creates these instances, the more he would distance himself from lucrative offers. Leclerc has established himself as a well behaved kid and has got a Ferrari drive and if Russell/Ocon does similar stuff and earns a Mercedes contract, Max would have a mountain to climb to beat these guys with an equal car AND with the liability of having a hot head.

Phil

I am actually willing to question if Max will learn from this at all or not.

The best thing about this topic is that this attitude of defending Verstappens action of blaming others for his inability to look at the big picture will only encourage him to continue to make these mistakes.

At the end of the day, you can keep on pointing your finger at others and whinge about how a win got taken away, or you could be self critical in questioning what actions may have contributed to the incident and how it perhaps could have been avoided.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

sosic2121

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 02:00
Ocon was FIGHTING max to unlap himself from 2 laps. that is just complete insanity.
I think you are wrong. It was Max that started fighting Ocon and blocked him into T1.
Watch the video.

Vasconia

I think this Verstappen-Ocon controversy happened because both acted stupidly.

Ocon should have been much more careful with a car which was leading the race. The could have been faster in the straight but not in the corners. You can´t create such a risky situtation.

But, Verstappen should have been much more careful, giving more space to Ocon in the corners. The guy is such an arrogant that he can´t accept to be overtaken. As Lewis told him "you had everything to loose". And it was like that.

Very good race on the other hand, I was surprised with the lack of pace of Vettel, but also Ferrari was slightly underwhelming, I thought the could fight for the race but it wasn´t the case.

Nice battle between Carlos and Nico, side by side trough several corners, this is F1!! =D>

marvin78

Vasconia wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 11:07

Ocon should have been much more careful with a car which was leading the race. The could have been faster in the straight but not in the corners. You can´t create such a risky situtation.

But, Verstappen should have been much more careful, giving more space to Ocon in the corners. The guy is such an arrogant that he can´t accept to be overtaken. As Lewis told him "you had everything to loose". And it was like that.
Someone with some sense (finally). Both acted stupid. Whereas Verstappen had something to loose. So one could argue that he may be mad but only at himself.

iotar__

After replays and a better angle, still mostly Verstappen's fault and a bad penalty decision. Ocon was ahead although not enough (speed outside line) for the sequence of corners, he backed off slightly and Verstappen turned as if the other car wasn't there instead of waiting a bit. He would have been still ahead #-o .

It's a skills problem, dude doesn't see and think enough while racing. RB people know it so they're doubling down on noise and conspiracy theories to distract from reality. I'm not sure MV does, he might believe his own BS.

NathanOlder

sosic2121 wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 11:06
Manoah2u wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 02:00
Ocon was FIGHTING max to unlap himself from 2 laps. that is just complete insanity.
I think you are wrong. It was Max that started fighting Ocon and blocked him into T1.
Watch the video.
And he was only 1 lap down, plus he was 2 seconds a lap quicker than the 3 cars he was chasing and only 8 seconds behind them. So 11th place was well within reach, and then it only takes 1 retirement and he would be in the points. He had everything to go for!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Godius

marvin78 wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 11:47
Vasconia wrote:

Someone with some sense (finally). Both acted stupid. Whereas Verstappen had something to loose. So one could argue that he may be mad but only at himself.
How can he blame himself if the other guy makes the mistake of the year, gets 10 sec stop and go penalty and 3 penalty points on his license?

iotar__

marvin78 wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 11:47
Vasconia wrote:

As silly as his move was at least Ocon reacted to the wheel-to-wheel instead of applying the robot mode. Look where he is at the time of the contact, he turned onto the curb, he wasn't sliding across outside Verstappen style (TM) :wink: . Again: MV takes wider line he stays ahead.

NathanOlder

Also I'd like to add, that Ocon was a large portion alonside Max at about 75yds before T1, and with a measuring app, that point all the way to the Apex of T2, is about 200m. The whole time they were side by side. Some of that Ocon was in front, so Max knew exactly where Ocon was, they were side by side for 200 METERS!!! and Max was the one who put his car on a trajectory towards Ocon. I also think Ocon went for it there ore so as Max was defending in to T1. So it wasn't a case of Ocon thinking "I wasn't close enough" it was more "This guy is blocking me so my best chance in now while i still have maximum grip"
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wynters

Purely to add some other perspectives from different sources:-

Please don't reply to these videos, I'm putting them here for information, not to be told that Windsor/Priestly has always been a Max/Ocon fanboy and has always hated Ocon/Max and they secretly get paid by Marko/Hamilton to lie to gullible fans.