Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pyrone89

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

GPR -A wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:55
Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:50
GPR -A wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:47
What would be good about Max if he needs a good car to challenge for Championship? Schumacher and Alonso did that in much lesser cars. Lewis fought with Alonso, Button, Vettel and Rosberg, all champions. Once Lewis retires, even if Max wins multiple championships, what's the relative worth of it? There would be no champion on the grid to challenge him as most likely, Vettel would have retired too.
Can you name the drivers that have gotten a WDC driving the 3rd best car (2nd best in some races) without benefitting from reliability woes of others (current era of high reliability)?

I will wait

Ps: what has any of this got to do with the silly season? The last pages have been offtopic dribble.
Read the comment well. "Challenge for championship".
How is that different? Point still remains the same. In F1 you are mostly reliant on your material, especially in this day and age. Nobody gets or properly challenges for the title without a good car.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

GPR-A

Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:56
GPR -A wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:50

Can you name the drivers that have gotten a WDC driving the 3rd best car (2nd best in some races) without benefitting from reliability woes of others (current era of high reliability)?

I will wait

Ps: what has any of this got to do with the silly season? The last pages have been offtopic dribble.
How is that different?
Consistently get the absolute best of the secondary equipment and threaten the guy with best equipment of snatching the championship, to the extent that the audience believe, he is the true winner. In 2010 and 2012, Alonso was voted team principal's driver of the year.

Pyrone89

GPR -A wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:58
Pyrone89 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
How is that different?
Consistently get the absolute best of the secondary equipment and threaten the guy with best equipment of snatching the championship, to the extent that the audience believe, he is the true winner.
That is a lot broader. Can only think of Schumacher late 90’s and Alonso 2012. Butyou still need second best car at least for that and not too big of a deficit. If those are the conditions we are seeing it this year already by Verstappen so far he can do it, especially considering his car has been 3rd best for 8 out of 12 races so far. To get the WDC however he will need a proper car like anyone else.

GPR-A

Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 20:02
GPR -A wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

How is that different?
Consistently get the absolute best of the secondary equipment and threaten the guy with best equipment of snatching the championship, to the extent that the audience believe, he is the true winner.
That is a lot broader. Can only think of Schumacher late 90’s and Alonso 2012. Butyou still need second best car at least for that and not too big of a deficit. If those are the conditions we are seeing it this year already by Verstappen so far he can do it, especially considering his car has been 3rd best for 8 out of 12 races so far. To get the WDC however he will need a proper car like anyone else.
A car that has qualified on the front row for the past few races, including a pole, isn't by any standard, a third best.

Pyrone89

GPR -A wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 20:04
Pyrone89 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
A car that has qualified on the front row for the past few races, including a pole, isn't by any standard, a third best.
Read my comment better. 8 out of 12. Before that it was clear 3rd best, since the Austria update the car is a lot better. In Hockenheim it was also 3rd best only hidden by Ferrari’s self destruct in quali and Merc’s self destruct in the race.

GPR-A

Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 20:05
GPR -A wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

Read my comment better. 8 out of 12. Before that it was clear 3rd best, since the Austria update the car is a lot better. In Hockenheim it was also 3rd best only hidden by Ferrari’s self destruct in quali and Merc’s self destruct in the race.
He is performing well since that car is second best. He was at best splitting a Ferrari in the first part. 3rd best car and 3rd best performance. The car improved and he is now second best. As simple as that.

Pyrone89

Pyrone89

GPR -A wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 20:08
Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 20:05
GPR -A wrote:
He is performing well since that car is second best. He was at best splitting a Ferrari in the first part. 3rd best car and 3rd best performance. The car improved and he is now second best. As simple as that.
#-o :roll:
Your judgement differs from the major motorsport publications, I am done going in circles over this. Done and dusted. [-o<
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/27 ... ilton-year
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... M3mCp.html

Manoah2u

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

GPR -A wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:33
I have great hopes for Max. I think he is exciting and will keep F1 interesting for some years to come. I have no doubt that, given a properly competitive car, he will be a champion. Probably a multiple champion if the car allows.
What would be good about Max if he needs a good car to challenge for Championship? Schumacher and Alonso did that in much lesser cars. Lewis fought with Alonso, Button, Vettel and Rosberg, all champions. They all believe and have provided testimony that he is truly a super talent. Once Lewis retires, even if Max wins multiple championships, what's the relative worth of it? There would be no champion on the grid to challenge him as most likely, Vettel would have retired too.
geesh, we get it, you are anti-max and think he's overhyped and worth nothing. you must be really sore and salty about that as it's just endless max bashing.
funny enough, your 'hero' lewis, has become champion lucky by an overtake, and the other championships were won in a car anybody can become champion in. just look at it, even rosberg won a championship in that car.
with your arguments, your own hero is the lesser of them. :roll:

give the over-the-top bashing a break, geesh.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

i70q7m7ghw

TAG wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:13
Zarathustra wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:04
- What happend to Hamilton once Button came to Mclaren ?
He won two of the three years they were team mates while suffering from more DNFs and a team that effectively turned against him during the 2012 contract renegotiation, remember twittergate when McLaren specifically hid data from Hamilton about the rear wing just to prove a point?

One could ask... what happened to McLaren when Hamilton left.
Is that accurate? Pretty sure it was Hamilton that leaked the data on twitter to prove that he was handicapped by not having the same setup as Button i.e. a different rearwing. Also, it was a choice Hamilton made with his side of the garage. Here it is from the horses mouth.
After being beaten by Button in qualifying, Hamilton sent a number of bewildering tweets. One read: "Damn, WTF!! Jenson has the new rear wing on, I have the old. We voted to change, didn't work out. I lose 0.4 tenths just on the straight. Nothing I could do. Now, it's about picking up every point I can from there. Jenson should win easy with that speed."
Also, the anouncement Hamilton was going to Mercedes didn't land until the end of September that year, Spa was at the start of September, so the majority of the team probably didn't think he was leaving at that point.

Funny how people remember things the way they want to.

Pyrone89

Manoah2u wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 21:47
GPR -A wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:33
I have great hopes for Max. I think he is exciting and will keep F1 interesting for some years to come. I have no doubt that, given a properly competitive car, he will be a champion. Probably a multiple champion if the car allows.
What would be good about Max if he needs a good car to challenge for Championship? Schumacher and Alonso did that in much lesser cars. Lewis fought with Alonso, Button, Vettel and Rosberg, all champions. They all believe and have provided testimony that he is truly a super talent. Once Lewis retires, even if Max wins multiple championships, what's the relative worth of it? There would be no champion on the grid to challenge him as most likely, Vettel would have retired too.
geesh, we get it, you are anti-max and think he's overhyped and worth nothing. you must be really sore and salty about that as it's just endless max bashing.
funny enough, your 'hero' lewis, has become champion lucky by an overtake, and the other championships were won in a car anybody can become champion in. just look at it, even rosberg won a championship in that car.
with your arguments, your own hero is the lesser of them. :roll:

give the over-the-top bashing a break, geesh.
Be careful of the pitchfork brigade now after thy spoke tha truth :lol:

ringo

Max had a few good races, and fans already comparing him to the greats? :P Most of all Hamilton, who will be the undisputed GOAT in 2 years time statistically.
Never faced a top level driver, never faced anyone outside of redbull, just got his first pole, has less than 10 wins.. and so on.
Years too early to start comparing him to any champion. He should be compared to the likes of barichello, coulthard, and montoya at this stage. Very talented guy, but hasn't had anyone else noteworthy to compare himself to. As far as we know everything could be all redbull car making things look good.
Let's see how he gets along with Albon. Albon might just suprise all of redbull and give Max a run for his money.
Having seen Charles race with Max at Silverstone, he is not as brilliant as some believe. Albon will surprise!!
For Sure!!

FrukostScones

Interesting News.
RedBull brought this onto themselves.
I think ALB won't do much better than GAS. The car is probably tricky. and VES is MSC and HAM combined. :arrow:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

TAG

Diesel wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 22:06
TAG wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:13
Zarathustra wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:04
- What happend to Hamilton once Button came to Mclaren ?
He won two of the three years they were team mates while suffering from more DNFs and a team that effectively turned against him during the 2012 contract renegotiation, remember twittergate when McLaren specifically hid data from Hamilton about the rear wing just to prove a point?

One could ask... what happened to McLaren when Hamilton left.
Is that accurate? Pretty sure it was Hamilton that leaked the data on twitter to prove that he was handicapped by not having the same setup as Button i.e. a different rearwing. Also, it was a choice Hamilton made with his side of the garage. Here it is from the horses mouth.
After being beaten by Button in qualifying, Hamilton sent a number of bewildering tweets. One read: "Damn, WTF!! Jenson has the new rear wing on, I have the old. We voted to change, didn't work out. I lose 0.4 tenths just on the straight. Nothing I could do. Now, it's about picking up every point I can from there. Jenson should win easy with that speed."
Also, the anouncement Hamilton was going to Mercedes didn't land until the end of September that year, Spa was at the start of September, so the majority of the team probably didn't think he was leaving at that point.

Funny how people remember things the way they want to.
So you're quoting things that hwere published during, not what was revealed afterward. 1) Dennis himself said in an interview they needed to teach Hamilton who needed who so they let him make the choice of the rear wing despite them knowing the One Button had was markedly faster on the straights. Teach him a lesson. 2) You think given the 2012 season that by that point Hamilton hadn't already been tainted? That tweet didn't happen in a vacuum. Wait for Hamilton's tell all book when it comes out. An autographed copy even. ;)

Funny how people regurgitate as gospel the "official" spoon fed information given out by team PR and communication directors.

Anyway, we know who's fared best after the 2012 season, water under the bridge.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत